Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th  (Read 64187 times)
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2006, 02:44:12 PM »

i have more posts than u have anyways.

posts count doesn't count. Not that I always agree but requiem156 makes high quality posts.

Hey, thanks. You're not so bad yourself!  Smiley
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2006, 03:56:50 PM »

My review:

So, there they where... Guns N' fuckin' Roses in Norway!

We entered the arena when Bullet had finished their set. Not that many people hade arrived yet. I guess people do know about the bands tendensy to be late, and I guess everybody going to the gig heard the rumour about Axl sleeping in the tour-bus. But they weren't that late. The lights went out just one hour later than I'd thought they be on stage.

And when the lights went out, what a feeling! It was like having sex in a rollercoaster! The adrenaline was pumping. And then the opening for Jungle came on. The place went nuts! And since I was standing closer to the stage than I did in Stockholm, it was crazy! Everybody, and I mean everybody was jumping and screaming. I even lost my voice at Jungle. Lasted all of Stockholm!

Then after the first three songs Axl gave us a little talk about how Sweden loved him so much that they wanted him to stay. He was really cool about the whole incident. He later said: "This is what happends when rent-a-cops go bad".

Axl was perfect on LALD. I tried to scream like him, but gave up after maybe one tenth of a second. Then we had a Finck solo. It turns out that people in Norway don't like solo's, but flips when SCOM gets on. But then again, who doesn't flip ehen they hear SCOM live?

After that we got to hear soe other jams and solos before The Blues came on. This song got a really good responce by the crowd! No wonder. Then surprisingly enough we got a small drumsolo by Frank Ferrer before he went into YCBM. And now the crowd was beyond crazy! Everybody was jumping and screaming. The song was like mass-hypnosis! Everybody were crazy!

When November Rain came on, almost everbody sang allong. It was well performed with Ron running all over the stage. That guy is really having fun on stage.

Then Tommy said somethings to Axl and Axl said: "Tommy has decided to play another song"! And we got RQ! A really good version aswell! Fuckin' ace!

Then the best song of the night, IRS! It was heavy and loud! Even my friednd thought it was the best song, and he only like the hits from the old days... The song was incredible! I'm shaking when I think about it! Then we were patient yet again. Patience next as almost a sing-along. Then Nightrain. Well performed, better than in Sthlm IMO.

In the encore we got Chinese Democracy. Fuckin' sweet here aswell! My Michelle surprised me. It was heavy and good. Everybody were nutsing in the crowd. Madagascar was also, as all the new songs well performed. Then the last song of the night Paradise City. It was perhaps the longest version of it I've heard. And that's a fuckin' good thing! It was unreal.

Now, a little say on each of the bandmembers:

Tommy: He was having fun and really kickin' it!
Finck: Threw his waterbottle at me, but I didn't manage getting hold of it. Damn. He is so cool. I don't know why people say he does mistakes. Not one single mistake in Oslo!
Richard: He is really energetic hitting the guitar with a force that would kill a guy.
Ron: He is brilliant! Runs all over the stage and enjoys it.
Frank Ferrer: Not one mistake. He drums chill on the jams.
Dizzy: Really good on The Blues. Got a shitload of applause after his solo!
Pitman: He was kickin' it in the back!
Axl: He was having fun after Stockholm and that was good! He is the greatest fronman ever!

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2006, 04:05:04 PM »

Thank god someone else noticed this....I cant believe it wasnt mentioned before.? Like that description of \"like someone stepping in gum\" very good.? ?rofl

i rember seeing it first time in the 2002 dvd\'s and i hated it. i was hoping it was a one time thing that he was doing. but he keeps doing it and staning in one place lifting his feet up and down, up and down, up and down. he looks like a fool doing that. Slash would never do that. Izzy would never do that, Gilby would never do that. up and down stepping and stupid faces..? play one chord, make a face, place another chord, bend note out of tune, make a face..? ?Its embarrising to guns n roses band to have this foolish action every show. playing slashes parts wrong and acting like he got gum on his shoes!?

Yeah, the way he looks why he plays guitar is so stupid, get rid of him I say, Axl's chest is also too red these days... FUCK HIM.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2006, 04:08:45 PM »

Superb review Knut

Fish
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2006, 09:18:08 PM »

UPDATE:

Well, now im finally back from my little hollyday in Oslo, and Roskilde!
This have been some great days i will never forgot!

Meet Robin:
 I meet Robin! Walking through Karl Johan (Oslo`s main street) I think it was about four or five aclock
wedensday 28th.. Me and my brother had some lunch on a cafe near Grand Hotel. When i suddently saw this VERY tall guy
with a familiar face waliking down the street. Yeah, it was Robin Finck.. I was on the phone then, so i only managed to give
him the  peace sign, and he gave me back two! i hang on the phone, and was wondering if i should run after him, or just give it up.
But he had come so far, and the street was full of people so i turned it down. Anyway, i did not rule out the possability that he might
return back to the hotel, and walk by us again. I was right! Wile injoing a cold beer,in the sun, and still was abit shacky from the
Robin sighting.. i suddently saw Robin came back down the street. He was walking about 1 meter from me, so i just said calm and polite
"hey Robin". He stopped, we shaked hands, and talked for a little while... i asked how the tour was going, and he said it was going good.
the time offstage, traveling etc. could be "ups and downs",  but the showtime was really great. I told him i really hoped that they would
play Chinese Democracy! (And they fucking did!  ok ) Then Robin made a comment about my GNR shirt "you allready got a shirt?" he asked
and i told him i bought it in London a couple of years ago (2002 merch) At the end i asked if i could take a picture of us.. and he said "sure"
I thanked him, and then we then said farwell.

This was so funny! I got to see 3 of the GnR members on the streets of Oslo!  ok

I will upload the picture tomorrow!  ok

PS: For the guy, hoping i was telling the truth, i could post a pic of Dizzys signature.

i will post a review of the Concert tomorrow. I have to go to sleep now  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Death Cube K
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2006, 03:59:35 AM »

Awww fuck!!! We walked up and down the mainstreet like 3 times to get a glimpse of them but no luck. Good for you!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2006, 04:31:27 AM »

Cool, Nytunz!!!  Cheesy

You are so lucky!

Don't forget to post the pic!  ok
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #387 on: July 04, 2006, 08:11:18 AM »

so cool! who else did u meet!?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2006, 10:04:22 AM »

so cool! who else did u meet!?

Dizzy, and i saw Fortus.. you can read all the sightings on page one  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2006, 10:11:15 AM »

Is it Norway as hot as it is here in Belgium?  beer  beer
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #390 on: July 04, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »

Is it Norway as hot as it is here in Belgium?? beer? beer

Today its around 30 degrees Celsius, but in the winter its like 10-20 degrees below zero, so we deserve the heat a bit in the few coupple of weeks we have them..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #391 on: July 04, 2006, 12:00:06 PM »

nytunz you're officially a magnet.  Cheesy Everybody, follow nytunz when the band is around.

Then the best song of the night, IRS! It was heavy and loud! Even my friednd thought it was the best song, and he only like the hits from the old days... The song was incredible! I'm shaking when I think about it!

So an old GNR fan finds one of his fav songs off CD already. Great isn't it? I love the song too.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #392 on: July 04, 2006, 12:49:39 PM »

Ok, came back from Oslo last night after a little holiday there, here's my review from the 28th..

Landed in Oslo with my brother about three o'clock, and immediately took the train into the city and set course for Spektrum. We got there around four o'clock, and a line had started to form. There's several entrances to Spektrum, so I have no idea how many people who'd gathered around the building at that time. In our line there were about 50-60 people. Now the wait started.

Close to 6:30PM they opened the doors and started letting fans in the venue. I could see that some cameras were confiscated, but I could easily have brought one in as I had a jacket with me, he just asked me what I had in the pockets. As we got inside, we decided to buy a couple of t-shirts first, and then get in front of the stage. We got a pretty good spot, dead center with just 4-5 rows of people in front of us. As we stood there a little while, we could hear that some people were really psyched and ready for Guns N' Roses, the "Axl"-chants had already started.

Bullet For My Valentine came on a bit late, around 8:45PM. At this point people were so hungry for something to happen that the crowd "almost" went nuts when they started to play. But this didn't last very long, during their set most people were just standing still, however no boos as far as I could hear. They played for half an hour and closed up at 9:15PM. Now, people were saying "one hour till Guns N' Roses".

Approaching 10PM I could already hear some people talking and speculating about Axl not showing up, but I was not concerned. My only concern was my feet starting to hurt a bit after standing still for hours. Finally at 10:25PM the intro started....

Opening chords for Welcome To The Jungle started to roam inside the venue, the crowd reaction was crazy. Everyone started to jump up and down, and when Axl screamed the famous line, the crowd screams almost drowned the speakers. What can I say, with this kind of opening I knew instantly this would be the night of my life. Axl sounded fabulous, even better than any of the bootlegs I'd heard. Robin, Richard and Ron were all energic on stage, and displayed a great presence. As usual the following songs were It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.

Before Live And Let Die, Axl adressed the crowd by saying "You guys have been waiting a long time, right? A really long time." The meaning being twofold (we had been waiting a while that night, and waited since 1993, having two dates cancelled in the meantime). After Live And Let Die, Robin did his guitar solo before Sweet Child O' Mine. Finck was often caught smiling during the evening, clearly in a good mood. Better was introduced the usual way, Axl talking about downloading from the internet, and calling us "naughty Norwegians". Dizzy played some bits from a-ha's "Take On Me" during his piano solo before The Blues, to great appreciation from the fans.

Frank played a drum solo at this show naturally followed by You Could Be Mine (awesome performance). After this song Axl pointed out that "Frank knows all the songs inside-out, his mother knows the songs inside-out." I also think he smashed one of the drums during the song (Axl said something in that direction). Knockin' On Heaven's Door was done the usual way. Then Richard and Robin played Beautiful, with big cheers after the performance. Axl came back to the stage saying "lawenforcements everywhere... espescially in Sweden", then starting Out Ta Get Me, which by the way were one of the strongest songs of the night.

The Piano came back out, and November Rain was next. Axl played a little solo first (Fuck The Police), and commenting: "Straight outta Sweden... I'm an AWA - Asshole With Attitude". Tommy and Axl laughed. After November Rain Axl and Tommy talked, "this next song is a request from Tommy, his new favourite song" - Rocket Queen.

Bumblefoot got the whole place singing Don't Cry, a great moment. IRS didn't get quite as much response as Better, but still a great performance. I think this will come with time, when most people start to know the songs beforehand. During Patience there were some funny moments. First, Tommy showed his theatrical skills when he mimed Axl's words (Example: "I sit here on the stairs"). Second, Tommy again.. I think his mike volume was set a bit high, so when the chours started and he started to sing, it was just as high as Axl's. Tommy, Dizzy and Ron all started to laugh. The next time they hit the chours, he had to try his way to find a good distance from the mike so he didn't drown Axl's voice.

Bumble played a stratocaster during the Nightrain solos. The band went off stage, and "Guns N' Roses" chants immediately started. The encores consisted of four songs, Chinese Democracy, My Michelle, Madagascar and Paradise City. The show was over at 1AM, a 2h 35m show.

All in all, the greatest concert I've ever been to. But it wouldn't hurt the show if they cut a couple of the solos, but we've already had this discussion...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:52:13 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #393 on: July 04, 2006, 07:23:52 PM »

Here is the Picture of Robin and me in Oslo, june 28th

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #394 on: July 04, 2006, 07:25:30 PM »

i'm so jealous

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #395 on: July 04, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »

Who's Robin? hihi

LOL, you guys looks like twin brothers! Tongue

ROSE22
« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »

Just reading through this thread I noticed how much grief Robin gets...

over the years we know he doesnt play old songs properly...that is a fact

New ones are well written and he appears to play same solos consistantly...no recording to compare to.

One thing I find funny is people talking about his face pulling....I actually detest the pervy way he has Les Paul sitting on his groin and has legs spread, stepping up and down pulling faces...most disturbing Shocked
it's his style. at least he's consistant. what the fuck is the problem with the way he moves............oh nevermind, i know-it makes for a much worse show and slash would never move that way. two words.......fuck slash. Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #397 on: July 04, 2006, 07:30:30 PM »

What a cool shirt you're wearing!  Cheesy

Great pic! Glad you got to meet him.

Robin is cool.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ROSE22
« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2006, 07:34:42 PM »

Here is the Picture of Robin and me in Oslo, june 28th
freakin' awesome dude !  ok beer
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »

lol just look at robin?s smile! soo cool! well done Nytunz!!! ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: