Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:43:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 65465 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« on: December 08, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »

I know Trunk is not universally loved, but give this a fair read :

Over the last few months few I have been inundated with people asking me about the rumored Guns n? Roses reunion. It?s been incredible to see the massive amount of rumors (many being reported and taken as fact) out there. I get that this is something many would like to see, but to watch the incredible amount of misinformation is mind boggling. People are literally making shit up, and there are many just waiting to buy it. I had someone on Twitter ask me about a ?second leg? of the tour, when of course there is no FIRST LEG!. A UK website said the tour if off until 2017 recently so Axl can do a proper farewell with the current band. What current band?? He?s down two guitarists! So what, hire two new guys and do a farewell essentially for Tommy Stinson? It?s insane! I get TONS of questions about this because as many know I have a friendship, or know, almost all the players involved potentially. But I have refused to get into the rumor game and promote baseless sources. Just the other day I asked Dana to not post stories about this unless it is CREDITED TO AN OFFICIAL SOURCE. What a concept huh? Actually wait for REAL information!? So what?s going on since there is still no real news? Here is my two cents:

I have said for years I think one day some sort of reunion will happen. Why? Because it?s too big not to, the members are still relatively young, and the money is way too attractive to ignore. The main reason I would like to see it is because as a lifelong promoter of rock and metal it would give our genre a shot in the arm. I do believe and have been told by very reliable sources over the last year or so that indeed there have been talks. But ?talks? can go several ways as we all know and have seen. Promoters can and sometimes do make offers for bands and tours not currently formed. Hoping the amount of money makes the bands reunite. Zeppelin, Floyd, etc. I have personally been asked to make offers to the guys in Skid Row to reunite by promoters half a dozen times over the years. Offers happen all the time, putting the pieces in place to make tours happen, not so much. Ego, politics, control, money, merch, control of the name and brand, all play a part. Factor in that when a band splits all the members now have their own managers and agents who must then negotiate. So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR. How close they are or if they actually happen is anyone?s guess. It could be tomorrow, it could be in five years, it could be never. Unless you are on the very inside with lawyers, agents and managers you just don?t know. And with how volatile this stuff can be it could have been set and pulled off the table five times already for all we know.

Here?s where the fans can?t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN?T happening! To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths. They would have to be on another planet to not know it?s being talked about everywhere. But if Axl came out tomorrow and said ?I have a new lineup, here are my new guys replacing Bumble and DJ, here?s what we are doing? , it would all be over. A statement from anyone killing it will stop all the madness. But since that has not happened you can?t blame any fan who wants this for dreaming. And it likely means there are still talks ongoing. So the speculation and rumors will continue until we get an announcement saying one thing or the other. All I will say is be careful what you believe and consider where it?s coming from. The ?media? world is so saturated with irresponsible people who?s affiliation might be a twitter feed or web page that it can make your head spin. And it amazes me how some people in my industry of radio put some of this on the air as fact! Everyone is looking to be the first, or get the most clicks for their page. Let?s all chill and discuss and dissect when there is REAL information one way or the other. I actually had people calling my radio show the other day upset about who?s not being included in a reunion that hasn?t even been announced at all in any way, shape or form! If/when there is REAL news we will get into then. And as I said, for all I know that can be tomorrow, next week, or never. But until then all we need is a little patience?

PS: I?ve also been asked by many, "hey, you know these guys, ask them what?s up". I?m not going to put these guys in that position. They know me, if they want to tell me anything on or off the record they will. They aren?t dumb and neither am I. The way to handle stuff like this properly and professionally to maintain relationships is to make requests at times like these through proper channels for interviews. I of course have done that and my doors are wide open to any and all to discuss. To date Steven Adler and Gilby Clarke were the only ones to come forward and discuss this on my radio show from LA a couple months ago and give their take. I truly hope when the time is right and there is something to announce either way I can share it with you through the band members when they want to talk. But I?m not going to put these guys who I have been friends with and worked with often over the years in an awkward position until they are ready to discuss. It would serve no purpose and obviously nobody is going to say anything on the record with anyone until they want to and know what?s up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »

Does any of that seem unreasonable in any way to anyone here?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »

If only all media outlets took that approach.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:21:25 PM »

Not at all unreasonable. It was put perfectly in my eyes.

note; i was impressed by the fact that he mentioned if Axl, Duff, and Slash wanted to put an end to this speculation and madness if its broken down that all they need to do is make 1 statement. Some on here have said that all along, but until then.... the madness will continue until something either way is put out there.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 10:21:57 PM »

If only all media outlets took that approach.

True.

And maybe this is just because he's a ultimately a fan too, but I liked how he did mix in some talk of the relevant angles of this story, mixed in with his word of caution on speculation.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 10:37:28 PM »

I think he nailed it on the head Axl, slash and duff are well aware im sure of all the reports out there and if they were to be false they would quash it. He has said he thinks a reunion will happen when it might happen who knows and I think the most important thing he said is the fact that he has relationships with these guys. He is one of very few people who has actually gotten to interview with Axl you think he would do anything to harm his relationships with any of those guys hell no I wouldn't.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 10:39:48 PM »

He is one of very few people who has actually gotten to interview with Axl you think he would do anything to harm his relationships with any of those guys hell no I wouldn't.

So true.

Let's make you him.  How many times have people come up to him in the past few weeks, and started out with "Look, I know you can't *really* say anything, but you know you can trust me..."

Like, 100 times?  200?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 10:42:28 PM »

D-Gen, maybe you should listen to him too? Speculating on what is going to happen is just silly at this point....beyond the pale....just let it go for awhile.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:19 PM »

Eddie Trunk is a Radio Personality whos area of expertise is in hard rock and heavy metal and he is well connected in the industry lots of friends and people know he has relationships with all the guys from GNR past and present so he is going to get inundated with these questions especially with all the rumors that have been out their. He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't express his feelings
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 10:48:43 PM »

He is one of very few people who has actually gotten to interview with Axl you think he would do anything to harm his relationships with any of those guys hell no I wouldn't.

So true.

Let's make you him.  How many times have people come up to him in the past few weeks, and started out with "Look, I know you can't *really* say anything, but you know you can trust me..."

Like, 100 times?  200?

Wasn't AXL the one who reached out to Eddie when they did that last interview what down in florida after a concert with DJ I believe. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »

D-Gen, maybe you should listen to him too? Speculating on what is going to happen is just silly at this point....beyond the pale....just let it go for awhile.

Yeah, disagree with that.  If its all speculation anyway, where's the harm?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »

Eddie Trunk is a Radio Personality whos area of expertise is in hard rock and heavy metal and he is well connected in the industry lots of friends and people know he has relationships with all the guys from GNR past and present so he is going to get inundated with these questions especially with all the rumors that have been out their. He wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't express his feelings

Oh, no doubt.

But I'm thinking more like he could have sent out a 2 line tweet saying he didn't know shit about shit and to stop hounding him.

Yet he didn't.  I thought he was weighing pros and cons, discussion reasons for how things are going where they are, etc.

He sounds like a fan.  He sounds like...us.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 11:16:47 PM »

I think the problem is because of how many people ask him. He wants to make things very clear and a 2 word tweet doesn't do that he wants everyone to know that hey a lot of the reports our their are false nobody knows anything but it seems nobody is getting the message so he comes out with the big statement.

Remember this guy could easily ask any of them himself hey whats going on but I actually give the guy credit he hasn't and has said hey when any of them want to come talk to him its an open door policy which I respect him for.
Annie
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 11:50:05 PM »

Still not a fan of his. No sympathy or empathy for him whatsoever.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 11:52:32 PM »

""" And it amazes me how some people in my industry of radio put some of this on the air as fact """

Poor Eddie

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 12:12:38 AM »

Trunk are doing very political and cautious. He is a professional.

And he put a little gasoline to this bonfire again. Time goes on... and nothing official.

Personally i think this is too big and complicated to do in a short period of time. A bunch of lawyers too.

Assuming the reunion as a fact, when u r negociating a possible reunion u cant say that GNR r negociating a reunion. Why? Because is more pressure to deal for free.

2016 will be a good year for GNR... Remember gunners... 2016 have 366 days.... fuck me.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:14:11 AM by axlvai » Logged

axlvai
Princess Leia
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 01:54:58 AM »

After reading this now I really feel for Axl. The por guy worked his ass off against all odds to make a new band and CD. And at the end of the day all he got was a bunch of guys asking Eddie Trunk about the second leg of a reunion tour

rofl

I need a favor, all those who want CD II please ask Trunk if he has news about it. Just to balance things up a little bit. Please do it for Axl, just to cheer him up

ok

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 02:17:12 AM »

After reading this now I really feel for Axl. The por guy worked his ass off against all odds to make a new band and CD. And at the end of the day all he got was a bunch of guys asking Eddie Trunk about the second leg of a reunion tour

rofl

I need a favor, all those who want CD II please ask Trunk if he has news about it. Just to balance things up a little bit. Please do it for Axl, just to cheer him up

ok

thats where im at about now. all this reunion talk, and i really could not care less. if guns went on tour tomorrow with the full original lineup, it would be no different to me than if it were 2 new guitarists, although i think a more likely scenario would be to bring back one of the older cd players, like bbf or robin. but either way, i wouldnt care l3ss. sure, it would be fun to watch them play new shows. even a tour without new music, i could dig.

but for me, cd 2 and or remix of cd is where the money is at. thats my dream come true stuff. but nobody seems to care much about that. thats why i think it would be all the cooler if this was swept under the rug with a simple "not happenin" along with a release date or, even better, a single.

i want cd 2/ remix so bad. not sure who can relate exactly. but man, im dyin for that stuff. thats what really calls me back here day after day. the reunion stuff.... its so irrelevant to my current wants.

that was quite a big block of text (the interview). read the whole thing. all i saw was an eddempt to not be held accountable. wether or not he should, dont care. its just not my bag, as austin p. would say.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 02:25:52 AM »

Yeah, Eddie is basically describing my point of view on the whole thing.

I do get the argument from some that Axl might be staying silent until he has an alternative ready to go before going public about these reunion rumors being bullshit. If that's the case. But on the other hand you have (as Eddie says) Duff and Slash playing the silent game as well... Quite peculiar.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 04:10:19 AM »

Yeah, Eddie is basically describing my point of view on the whole thing.

I do get the argument from some that Axl might be staying silent until he has an alternative ready to go before going public about these reunion rumors being bullshit. If that's the case. But on the other hand you have (as Eddie says) Duff and Slash playing the silent game as well... Quite peculiar.

it does give off the impression that they all may be in cahoots about something, even if that something is just to remain silent. for them to all just coincidentally stay quiet doesnt seem as likely as them having reached some kind of agreement, whatever that agreement may or may not be. 

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: