Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:13:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 65923 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »

Can anyone picture the scene of Axl, Slash, and Duff all up on a dais, chuckling about how they had to pretty much play everybody all this time?

Haha

If this ever happens... I can't see the big photo op press conference with them hugging it out...

Yeah, I really can't either.

I could see Slash and Duff calling a press conference.  That Axl no shows.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »

Can anyone picture the scene of Axl, Slash, and Duff all up on a dais, chuckling about how they had to pretty much play everybody all this time?

You mean they've played a long game since 1996?  Shocked

Hahahaha

No, just the past year or so.

Axl wouldn't even have to say he played coy, cause it ain't like he talks anyway.  Slash and Duff would have to cop to it though.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »

I do think negotiation could be complicated depending of the character of things that are being negotiated. If they plan a one off show, yeah that easy. But if they meant a long term partnership, albums, tours, DVDs, etc. Well that?s a lot  more complex

Here is my concern.

The more we talk about how detailed the contracts have to be, all the details (big and small) that need to be agreed to...does that bolster or hurt the argument that this is something they really want to do?  Does that suggest a lack of trust?

I guess I'm asking how much of a strict business endeavor this would all be, as opposed to the more emotional guys wanted one final run on top with each other.

Think about it. First Axl owns the name. Do Slash, Duff, Izzy still care? We don?t know. What if they want to reestablish the old partnership? To what extend is Axl willing to give something up?

If they are negotiating with the record company. How much money? How many albums, DVDs, etc?

How much money for the tours?  Who is gonna be the band manager? Who is gonna be the drummer?

Things so complex like this it is not something they can all agree in 5 minutes
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »

Hahahaha

Axl wouldn't even have to say he played coy, cause it ain't like he talks anyway.  Slash and Duff would have to cop to it though.

It would've been some hardcore shit though.

Imagine them sitting by the table in 1997 and sorting out what Duff and Slash shall say in the interviews early on to create tension, maybe create a new band playing on the words "Guns" and "Roses". Axl plans to wait until 2008 to give "his side of the story", and then be totally dismissive of a reunion in the years to come. Duff suggests himself gradually coming back around 2010, maybe a one-off performance at first... Slash shouldn't then knock on Duff for doing that, then Slash eyes 2015 as the year he will start dropping small hints of contact with Axl again.

They've been thorough in their planning.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »

It would be the best long con of alltime in the history of the music business.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »

After reading this now I really feel for Axl. The por guy worked his ass off against all odds to make a new band and CD. And at the end of the day all he got was a bunch of guys asking Eddie Trunk about the second leg of a reunion tour

rofl

I need a favor, all those who want CD II please ask Trunk if he has news about it. Just to balance things up a little bit. Please do it for Axl, just to cheer him up

ok

AjajAJujaAJJjajA, AXL Is Happy, Much Good News For 2016

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »

Hahahaha

It would've been some hardcore shit though.

Imagine them sitting by the table in 1997 and sorting out what Duff and Slash shall say in the interviews early on to create tension, maybe create a new band playing on the words "Guns" and "Roses". Axl plans to wait until 2008 to give "his side of the story", and then be totally dismissive of a reunion in the years to come. Duff suggests himself gradually coming back around 2010, maybe a one-off performance at first... Slash shouldn't then knock on Duff for doing that, then Slash eyes 2015 as the year he will start dropping small hints of contact with Axl again.

They've been thorough in their planning.

And all along they have been recording 10 albums worth of material !  Grin to be released in christmas 2015 !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »

Here?s where the fans can?t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN?T happening!   (Slash, Axl, Duff) would have to be living on mars to not know of the speculation

A guy who deserves no credibility just lowered himself even further. 

MR. TRUNK, you'd have to be living on Mars to not know that fans have been told for years that there will be no reunion.  YOU admitted that Axl's management told you not to ask about a reunion when he appeared on your show.  On one hand, you're criticizing people for making shit up.  On the other hand, you're basically telling all the fans that it's okay to make shit up just because they haven't been told otherwise.  People do deserve to be blamed for being rumor whores!

MR. TRUNK, I REALLY WISH YOU WOULD EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT.  YOU OFFEND FEWER PEOPLE'S INTELLIGENCE THAT WAY.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:45:31 PM by Bridge » Logged
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »

Until any of the guys shoots this down, mainly Axl, Slash or Duff then we have to believe something is being planned.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »

Until any of the guys shoots this down, mainly Axl, Slash or Duff then we have to believe something is being planned.

Why?  Why do you have to believe?  What sense does that make?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »

I see what you are saying, but couldn't we also ask you the reverse?

Is there some harm in thinking something is happening?

I mean...hell, we are supposed to believe Axl is hard at work on the album, despite the similar dearth of confirmation of such.  Right?

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 04:11:08 PM »

You don't have to believe, but it's reasonable to believe.  History has shown that Axl has shut down reunion rumors in the past.  He hasn't this time.  It could be because he's letting his past comments stand and doesn't feel the need to say it again....OR...it could be because "something's changed" and it's now under consideration. 

And that's why we have this forum to discuss and speculate.  Mind you, neither opinion is wrong (yet).  I don't begrudge anyone for thinking that there's no reunion because of Axl's comments in the past.  Likewise, I don't begrudge anyone who thinks it may be different this time around (which is my opinion, FWIW).
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 04:15:25 PM »

Eddie Trunk also bitched that Guns N Roses got in on the first ballot to the rock hall while Kiss and a bunch of other bands he listened to in high school didn't.  He also said Guns N Roses only have 1 good album.  That means even delusional wind bags with shifty taste in music seems to realize how wildly inaccurate all of these stories have been.  What does that say for the rest of the media?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 04:19:29 PM »

I just struggle with the inconsistency.

"It's cool and probably overdue." vs "Starting to look very seriously in that regard."

What's the difference?  Both are comments made by people that don't say anything concrete.

But, taking a step back, at least there are other rumors about the reunion.  Ain't dick floating around on that supposed new album.

Isn't it fair to say you are probably going to put more stock in whichever one you'd like to see more?  

In other words, if you are super gung-ho about this new album, you might be inclined to tell the reunion folks they are getting carried away over one line followed by silence from all parties.

Conversely, if you are more interested in seeing some sort of reunion, you are probably more inclined to point out that Axl doesn't have the most sterling reputation on follow through, and there isn't even any rumors you can point to that any of that "looking very seriously" came to fruition.

I think concretely dismissing either side out of hand is foolish.  No one knows jack.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »

Eddie Trunk also bitched that Guns N Roses got in on the first ballot to the rock hall while Kiss and a bunch of other bands he listened to in high school didn't.  He also said Guns N Roses only have 1 good album.  That means even delusional wind bags with shifty taste in music seems to realize how wildly inaccurate all of these stories have been.  What does that say for the rest of the media?

Wellllll ... music is subjective...

Gnr is not one his favorite bands, but I think he understand the impact GNR made.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 04:31:34 PM »

Is there some harm in thinking something is happening?

I mean...hell, we are supposed to believe Axl is hard at work on the album, despite the similar dearth of confirmation of such.  Right?

Why invest in either one?  Unless you have actual confirmation either way?

As far as "harm", I guess that's up to you.  You've admitted yourself (in your sig) that it's going to be the most disappointing thing in God's universe if there isn't a reunion.  So the level of harm in believing in a reunion is going to depend on how well the believers can handle it if it doesn't come true.

You don't have to believe, but it's reasonable to believe.  History has shown that Axl has shut down reunion rumors in the past.  He hasn't this time. 

The fact that history shows Axl shutting down reunion rumors makes it unreasonable to believe as far as I'm concerned.  You're believing against what the official source has always told you, and using "but we haven't heard from him lately" as an excuse to believe.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:34:21 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »

The fact that history shows Axl shutting down reunion rumors makes it unreasonable to believe as far as I'm concerned.  You're believing against what the official source has always told you, and using "but we haven't heard from him lately" as an excuse to believe.

There is definitely an air of conspiracy theory "logic" at work here on the reunion angle.

The conspiracy theorist's best friend is silence.  Why aren't they denying my claim that 9/11 was carried out by aliens from outer space?  THEY MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

I just struggle with the inconsistency.

"It's cool and probably overdue." vs "Starting to look very seriously in that regard."

What's the difference?  Both are comments made by people that don't say anything concrete.

But, taking a step back, at least there are other rumors about the reunion.  Ain't dick floating around on that supposed new album.

Isn't it fair to say you are probably going to put more stock in whichever one you'd like to see more?  

In other words, if you are super gung-ho about this new album, you might be inclined to tell the reunion folks they are getting carried away over one line followed by silence from all parties.

Conversely, if you are more interested in seeing some sort of reunion, you are probably more inclined to point out that Axl doesn't have the most sterling reputation on follow through, and there isn't even any rumors you can point to that any of that "looking very seriously" came to fruition.

I think concretely dismissing either side out of hand is foolish.  No one knows jack.

I think you had it right the first time with your previous comment... there seems to be NO current rumours about CD2... everything in the media (and yep their guessing) is all about reunion... based on that (and yes its a flimsy base), you would probably put your money on some sort of reunion, hybrid or otherwise at this point IMO.....

In saying that... no-one knows Jack... as you say, so i guess we need to just maintain these excitement levels and wait patiently either way.  Wink

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »

There's no rumors about a new album because nobody made comments to the media about it recently.

A lot of the rumors about the reunion are kinda like Seinfeld's a show about nothing.
Stories are written based on a thing Slash told a Swedish journalist... It has snowballed from there. Not a lot of real information, but a lot of assumptions.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »

There is definitely an air of conspiracy theory "logic" at work here on the reunion angle.

The conspiracy theorist's best friend is silence.  Why aren't they denying my claim that 9/11 was carried out by aliens from outer space?  THEY MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.

Riiiiiiiiiight.    Smiley

Stories are written based on a thing Slash told a Swedish journalist...

I've been saying that all along.  It all stemmed from a quote by Slash that likely resulted from him mishearing the question or just wording the answer wrong -- and then people taking it all wrong from there.

I think you had it right the first time with your previous comment... there seems to be NO current rumours about CD2... everything in the media (and yep their guessing) is all about reunion...

Yeah, but that's based more on desire, in my view.  The rumors are circulating around what fans WANT from Guns N Roses, and overall, they obviously want a reunion more than another album from Axl's (now fractured) lineup -- hence the reunion rumor being stronger.  But not more valid.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:51:57 PM by Bridge » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: