Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 05:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 66214 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »

I just struggle with the inconsistency.

"It's cool and probably overdue." vs "Starting to look very seriously in that regard."

What's the difference?  Both are comments made by people that don't say anything concrete.

But, taking a step back, at least there are other rumors about the reunion.  Ain't dick floating around on that supposed new album.

Isn't it fair to say you are probably going to put more stock in whichever one you'd like to see more?  

In other words, if you are super gung-ho about this new album, you might be inclined to tell the reunion folks they are getting carried away over one line followed by silence from all parties.

Conversely, if you are more interested in seeing some sort of reunion, you are probably more inclined to point out that Axl doesn't have the most sterling reputation on follow through, and there isn't even any rumors you can point to that any of that "looking very seriously" came to fruition.

I think concretely dismissing either side out of hand is foolish.  No one knows jack.

I think you had it right the first time with your previous comment... there seems to be NO current rumours about CD2... everything in the media (and yep their guessing) is all about reunion... based on that (and yes its a flimsy base), you would probably put your money on some sort of reunion, hybrid or otherwise at this point IMO.....

In saying that... no-one knows Jack... as you say, so i guess we need to just maintain these excitement levels and wait patiently either way.  Wink

What Is CD2 ?

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

Eddie Trunk also bitched that Guns N Roses got in on the first ballot to the rock hall while Kiss and a bunch of other bands he listened to in high school didn't.  He also said Guns N Roses only have 1 good album.  That means even delusional wind bags with shifty taste in music seems to realize how wildly inaccurate all of these stories have been.  What does that say for the rest of the media?

Wellllll ... music is subjective...

Gnr is not one his favorite bands, but I think he understand the impact GNR made.

Yeah music is subjective, I was joking around.  But, I don't think he understands the  size of the impact GNR made.  The bands he lumps them in with sometimes blows my mind.  I don't think it's him short changing GNR as much as it is him overvaluing bands that were on his lunchbox in grade school.  He completely disregards anything post 1990.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »

What Is CD2 ?

It's before CD3.  Wink

He completely disregards anything post 1990.

At least Winger is safe then!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:52 PM »

I just struggle with the inconsistency.

"It's cool and probably overdue." vs "Starting to look very seriously in that regard."

What's the difference?  Both are comments made by people that don't say anything concrete.

But, taking a step back, at least there are other rumors about the reunion.  Ain't dick floating around on that supposed new album.

Isn't it fair to say you are probably going to put more stock in whichever one you'd like to see more?  

In other words, if you are super gung-ho about this new album, you might be inclined to tell the reunion folks they are getting carried away over one line followed by silence from all parties.

Conversely, if you are more interested in seeing some sort of reunion, you are probably more inclined to point out that Axl doesn't have the most sterling reputation on follow through, and there isn't even any rumors you can point to that any of that "looking very seriously" came to fruition.

I think concretely dismissing either side out of hand is foolish.  No one knows jack.

I think you had it right the first time with your previous comment... there seems to be NO current rumours about CD2... everything in the media (and yep their guessing) is all about reunion... based on that (and yes its a flimsy base), you would probably put your money on some sort of reunion, hybrid or otherwise at this point IMO.....

In saying that... no-one knows Jack... as you say, so i guess we need to just maintain these excitement levels and wait patiently either way.  Wink

What Is CD2 ?

Good question.... no-one really knows if its real or a myth.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2015, 05:12:16 PM »

Ridiculous, it is not a myth...it may never get released but it is not a "myth"...don't be an ass. See, I can troll too. ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2015, 05:15:24 PM »

Hahahaha

I debated posting that very thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:42 PM »

What Is CD2 ?

It's before CD3.  Wink

He completely disregards anything post 1990.

Ahhh, Thanks, After Of CDI

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »

Yes, it's between CD and CD3.

CD would be CD1, but people are lazy, so they just don't type that 1.

At least it's not in Roman numerals....
CDI, CDII and CDIII....

That'd be confusing as hell!  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »

Yes, it's between CD and CD3.

CD would be CD1, but people are lazy, so they just don't type that 1.

At least it's not in Roman numerals....
CDI, CDII and CDIII....

That'd be confusing as hell!  Grin

/jarmo

aAahhhhh.. Ok, Then:

- Reunion Is Whit "R" Of Robin -

I Understand, Thanks

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »

with all due respect to everyone in this particular topic I will fully admit I like eddie trunk being a new Yorker that I am his weekly radio show is the only fm time I will listen to because he is the only one that plays the music I enjoy hard rock n heavy metal so if I am biased towards him so be it.

The guy gets inundated with Guns N Roses questions regularly what is the guy supposed to do say nothing? Atleast the guy answers peoples questions you may not like the answer or may not give you a specific answer like yes there is a reunion or no there is not one. I think any criticism towards the guy is unfair. I will always take hearing something over nothing at all.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:19 PM »

The guy gets inundated with Guns N Roses questions regularly what is the guy supposed to do say nothing? Atleast the guy answers peoples questions you may not like the answer or may not give you a specific answer like yes there is a reunion or no there is not one. I think any criticism towards the guy is unfair. I will always take hearing something over nothing at all.

I agree.

He could have just told people to fuck off.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2015, 11:45:19 PM »

My Respects For Eddie

Cool

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2015, 02:04:04 AM »

So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR.

well duh, tell us smt we don't know?

Here?s where the fans can?t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN?T happening!

It has been shot down since the 90's...

To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths.

It wouldn't 'end all this'. It hasn't so far.

Axl:

'Not in this lifetime'

'give me a break'

Slash:

"There will never come a time when we get all together and play under the name GUNS 'N ROSES because it's too fuckin' tainted,
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 02:08:51 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »

So I think 100% there are talks and hopes of doing something with GnR.

well duh, tell us smt we don't know?

Here?s where the fans can?t be blamed for speculation; there has been no announcement from any source that this ISN?T happening!

It has been shot down since the 90's...

To end this all that would need to happen is Slash, Duff, or Axl put out a statement saying this is not happening and they are staying on their current paths.

It wouldn't 'end all this'. It hasn't so far.

Axl:

'Not in this lifetime'

'give me a break'

Slash:

"There will never come a time when we get all together and play under the name GUNS 'N ROSES because it's too fuckin' tainted,

Great Post

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »

Eddie Trunk also bitched that Guns N Roses got in on the first ballot to the rock hall while Kiss and a bunch of other bands he listened to in high school didn't.  He also said Guns N Roses only have 1 good album.  That means even delusional wind bags with shifty taste in music seems to realize how wildly inaccurate all of these stories have been.  What does that say for the rest of the media?

Wellllll ... music is subjective...

Gnr is not one his favorite bands, but I think he understand the impact GNR made.

Yeah music is subjective, I was joking around.  But, I don't think he understands the  size of the impact GNR made.  The bands he lumps them in with sometimes blows my mind.  I don't think it's him short changing GNR as much as it is him overvaluing bands that were on his lunchbox in grade school.  He completely disregards anything post 1990.

I agree... he is very biased towards those bands from his youth.

BTW... Bodhi... I refuse to see the Point Break remake...what a disgrace!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2015, 08:46:09 AM »

Ridiculous, it is not a myth...it may never get released but it is not a "myth"...don't be an ass. See, I can troll too. ok

Too many people have heard material to label it "a myth".

It may be, in the end, unreleased material.  It may all end up in the vaults.

But I think labeling it a myth would indicate the material simply doesn't exist, in any way, shape, or form...and that all the discussion about it has been fake(d).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »

Very tough to remake a "so bad, its good" movie.

Can't ever replicate the campy value that make it fun.

The 'Road House' remake will run into the same problems.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2015, 10:05:45 AM »

Too many people have heard material to label it "a myth".

It may be, in the end, unreleased material.  It may all end up in the vaults.

But I think labeling it a myth would indicate the material simply doesn't exist, in any way, shape, or form...and that all the discussion about it has been fake(d).

If I say I've painted a masterpiece, even if I can produce a handful of people that will swear to it on a stack of bible books, what value does it have to anyone if it never sees the light of day?

Aren't we both making semantic arguments here?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »

Very tough to remake a "so bad, its good" movie.

Can't ever replicate the campy value that make it fun.

The 'Road House' remake will run into the same problems.

100 percent...The original is so bad that its one of my favorite movies ever.

"I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino, I should have had you get me three of these things!"

Axl should have been one of the bad guy surfers with Anthony Kiedis.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »

If I say I've painted a masterpiece, even if I can produce a handful of people that will swear to it on a stack of bible books, what value does it have to anyone if it never sees the light of day?

Aren't we both making semantic arguments here?

The chances of the public seeing the painting is a bit bigger if it actually exists, compared to it just being an imaginary thing that only exists in your mind....

So yeah, it does matter. Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: