Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 24th, 2016 East Rutherford, NJ @ Metlife Stadium (Night #2)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 24th, 2016 East Rutherford, NJ @ Metlife Stadium (Night #2)  (Read 25809 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2016, 12:34:21 AM »

Setlist:
Intro
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Band Intros
Slash's Solo - (??)/Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here
Axl's piano solo+jam - Layla
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:
jam - (??)
Don't Cry
The Seeker - For Pete's Sake!
Paradise City

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:02 AM »

Here Today... Gone To Hell
htgth - The seeker

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »

Here Today... Gone To Hell
htgth - Thank you and good night. Two amazing nights at MetLife Stadium!

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2016, 08:38:23 AM »

Was there last night - Place completely packed. Not sure if we get the # of ticket sales or not, but there is no way it was not at least 90%, maybe 95% full. Tailgate was a madhouse and ran into many people who said they bought tix the morning of because they were real cheap.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »

axl tells slash that's some badass shit during kohd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=defVxnuGhQg
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2016, 10:18:22 AM »

Was there last night - Place completely packed. Not sure if we get the # of ticket sales or not, but there is no way it was not at least 90%, maybe 95% full. Tailgate was a madhouse and ran into many people who said they bought tix the morning of because they were real cheap.

I was surprised at how full it was. I was there Saturday - packed, it might have been 95% of that on Sunday. I too got tickets cheap the day of on Sunday, prompted me to go to the second show.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2016, 10:19:39 AM »

Was there last night as well.  Lots of people I ran into bought tickets the day before once the prices dropped.  I give GNR management credit, they seem to know how to fill up these shows for the band.

I was in Pit 1, what a friggin blast.  I caught one of Frank's drum sticks at the end of the show.  My friend and I had a great time.  
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »

It's good business. The guy who spends $30 on a ticket is probably gonna be more inclined to buy a $40 shirt, or a few beers. People crying about attendance the whole tour have nothing to say about this past weekend. easily 150,000 people over two nights. A lot of people buying merch. This concert is cleaning up.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2016, 12:10:27 PM »

It's good business. The guy who spends $30 on a ticket is probably gonna be more inclined to buy a $40 shirt, or a few beers. People crying about attendance the whole tour have nothing to say about this past weekend. easily 150,000 people over two nights. A lot of people buying merch. This concert is cleaning up.

Is this a thing?  Are people really complaining about attendance?  Holy hell.  This tour could end today and I don't think there is a single person in the industry who wouldn't consider this an enormous success.  I have been going to live shows since I was 13 years old (in 1994) and the attendance at these has been amazing from what I've seen.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

Max capacity per night was 55k, if the review from the my post from the 23rd was right.

So, over 2 nights, max 110k...and we know first night was 55k and sold out.

Last nght looked oacked, too. I'm guessing they did over 100k, but just a shade under 110k. Maybe...105?

Thats an astounding number of tickets, either way. I'm guessing 10 million+ in ticket sale revenue in 2 nghts, even with the discounts.

Thats in the holy shit level of impressive.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »

Is this a thing?  Are people really complaining about attendance?  Holy hell.  This tour could end today and I don't think there is a single person in the industry who wouldn't consider this an enormous success.  I have been going to live shows since I was 13 years old (in 1994) and the attendance at these has been amazing from what I've seen.

Yup, in previous show threads, and in a badly written, badly sourced wall street journal article.

I'm just as incredulous people go down that road as you. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2016, 01:08:06 PM »

With all due respect to some of them, I think most of the fans complaining about attendance or other aspects of the tour are not from the states and might not understand the climate.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »

With all due respect to some of them, I think most of the fans complaining about attendance or other aspects of the tour are not from the states and might not understand the climate.

Sorry, no respect due to anybody complaining about attendance figures. Unfounded complaints born out of internal misery.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2016, 01:23:41 PM »

Did he say "that's some badass shit, friend" ?

The joy in Axl's face on this moment is priceless. He really looks like he's having the time of his life this year, both with ACDC and GNR. That reflects on his attitude, his voice and his presence.

I hope this moment never goes away. And that something good comes out of this (a new album  beer drool)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2016, 01:27:10 PM »

Sorry, no respect due to anybody complaining about attendance figures. Unfounded complaints born out of internal misery.

That too.  ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2016, 01:49:15 PM »

I can only hear "That's some badass shit, Frank." It doesn't make sense after a cool 12 string slice by Slash, but that's all I can hear.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2016, 02:02:20 PM »

I get that feeling too.

This had become a band that couldn't give it away in this country the past few years.  Now they are filling stadiums.

I also don't think non-U.S. people can appreciate the near 180 degree shift in the tone of the reviews and how this band is seen right now.  GNR was, let's face it, pretty much an afterthought anymore, if anyone paid attention at all.

But look at it now.  All these reviews are glowing and there is a real sense the band is back.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »

However many the final numbers are - I was at both shows, and they had an absolute assload of people. Not many acts can fill up a football stadium like that.

The shows were incredible. Yeah, variation in the set would have been nice but I think at this point you more or less know what you're getting. There's obviously some sort of reason behind the songs they are/aren't doing.

Axl hasn't sounded this good since 2006.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »

However many the final numbers are - I was at both shows, and they had an absolute assload of people. Not many acts can fill up a football stadium like that.

The shows were incredible. Yeah, variation in the set would have been nice but I think at this point you more or less know what you're getting. There's obviously some sort of reason behind the songs they are/aren't doing.

Axl hasn't sounded this good since 2006.

Ifffff I Could have made it to night 2, I would have been bummed they didn't swap OTGM for Michelle.... But that's really nitpicking.

We all have our dream perfect set list ... But anybody griping over the set list in 2016 is an asshole plain and simple.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »

I can only hear "That's some badass shit, Frank." It doesn't make sense after a cool 12 string slice by Slash, but that's all I can hear.

I actually thought he was complimenting Fortus when he said it last night yes...not sure now

To previous poster, dead on - Guy was in great mood and engaged the crowd quite a bit all night

Great show
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: