Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Concerns of the album's release date from a music store employee
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concerns of the album's release date from a music store employee  (Read 23683 times)
Dark_Ryu
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2006, 09:04:01 PM »

If the album is coming out this year, Axl and Merck should say it clearly. Axl should say at a show : "Yes, it's coming out this year !" Or if it's not coming out : "No, it's not coming out this year !"

Axl and Merck know that the hardcore fans have been waiting for years, they know we are scrutinizing any sign as maniacs.

At this point, Axl and Merck know if the record will be released this year. But they are not saying much, I think it shows a lack of respect for the fans.
clearly http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=83943
FairyLace
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2006, 11:56:53 PM »

Irs logic guys.  They dont want to do any promotion before the album is released because they dont want it to be leaked and downloaded before its released.  Theyll lose more $$$.  I can totally see Axl being VERY anti illegal downloading.  He would hate to see his money go to the internet losers.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

Guys. Whether or not it's coming out, I think we've beaten this horse as dead as it'll ever get.

Don't get me wrong. I'm the first guy in line for the album.

BUT...........

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2006, 03:32:36 AM »

People have been played like decks of cards on this forum for years.

Nobody here is an exception.

estranged.1098
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2006, 04:10:34 AM »

Irs logic guys.  They dont want to do any promotion before the album is released because they dont want it to be leaked and downloaded before its released.  Theyll lose more $$$.  I can totally see Axl being VERY anti illegal downloading.  He would hate to see his money go to the internet losers.

If they want people to buy the album, people have to know that the album is out. And after the know about it they have to be convinced to buy it. I don't think the first part is hard so they don't have to spend huge amounts of money on it, but the second is tricky.

The people that don't want to buy the album can still download it anyway, even if they have to wait like everyone else. Also keep in mind that unlike record companies would have you believe, the internet actually helps getting people into music.

The concern in people's minds (even the most optimistic ones) is that we don't have a date yet not because they're keeping it secret, but because they still couldn't figure it out. It's not normal to do things like these on extremely short notice, but I still believe anything can happen. This year has been very exciting and it's still far from over as far as GNR is concerned.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: