Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Concerns of the album's release date from a music store employee
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concerns of the album's release date from a music store employee  (Read 23695 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2006, 09:37:50 AM »

I love the running misconception around here that somehow Axl Rose and Guns N Roses are above the record industry. Like somehow wasting 13 million dollars of record company money is the key to the castle of never having to do anything according the rules. The label is a big business and big business doesn't sink tens of millions into a recording without putting the proper promotion and advertising and planning in place to recoup that money.

so youare saying is correct ......13 million and the record company adds mopre money to thjat in promotion?If i was record I would tell axl ...yeah you can put it out , but we are not promoting shit

exactly. what people dont understand, is that it costs LOTS of $$ to promote a cd... just to get a SMALL single on the radio it costs $100,000 I doubt the record company wants to sink MORE $$ into this thing...

they want to get it out and try to make as much $$ back as possible... but promoting it will make them lose more $$
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:11 AM »

They'll stand to lose a lot more by not doing that. Roll Eyes
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »

They'll stand to lose a lot more by not doing that. Roll Eyes

by not promoting ?I thought 10 + years of saying it was coming out , plus a eddie trunk interveiw , and countless fan websites such as this one , would be enough promotion . If this album drops just imagine the craziness
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2006, 10:26:42 AM »

exactly MrRedfield. and they (interscope/uni/ geffen) most likely know it.
Look at the GH sales. 7 million worldwide and counting despite that little promotion.
That sounds like they have recouped their whole investment in cd already.
Now, the choice is GNR's, I guess.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2006, 10:39:41 AM »

Look at the GH sales. 7 million worldwide and counting despite that little promotion.

no one said there wouldnt be promo.. the question is whether or not promo starts when the cd is released or before...

I doubt it will be before because they dont want anything to leak...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2006, 10:44:31 AM »

I have no idea!
It is all really really interesting though, if only because the Chinese Democracy tour is ongoing, and we haven't heard any statement to contradict that it's coming out this year. Everyone points out the difficulty in this, but it makes you wonder WHY something wouldn't be discussed when we got direct response about Portland AND deleted threads. I have to assume there's a reasoning behind silence about CD. It could be they really just find us all amusing.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2006, 11:07:03 AM »

no one said there wouldnt be promo.. the question is whether or not promo starts when the cd is released or before...

I doubt it will be before because they dont want anything to leak...

who said you were saying there wouldnt be promo. Do you even read my post?
Basically how can you be so sure about what the band think?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:10:07 AM by ppbebe » Logged
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »

this album will get leaked.

jay z's new album got leaked today , and that's not released until 28th (i think).
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »

If the album is coming out this year, Axl and Merck should say it clearly. Axl should say at a show : "Yes, it's coming out this year !" Or if it's not coming out : "No, it's not coming out this year !"

Axl and Merck know that the hardcore fans have been waiting for years, they know we are scrutinizing any sign as maniacs.

At this point, Axl and Merck know if the record will be released this year. But they are not saying much, I think it shows a lack of respect for the fans.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:54:18 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »

If the album is coming out this year, Axl and Merck should say it clearly. Axl should say at a show : "Yes, it's coming out this year !" Or if it's not coming out : "No, it's not coming out this year !"

Axl and Merck know that the hardcore fans have been waiting for years, they know we are scrutinizing any sign as maniacs.

At this point, Axl and Merck know if the record will be released this year. But they are not saying much, I think it shows a lack of respect for the fans.

That isn't a lack of respect! That's simply a marketing strategy to avoid leaking or something...

And Axl and Merck stated several times that the album is coming out this year! So why are you complaining?
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2006, 11:57:38 AM »

And Axl and Merck stated several times that the album is coming out this year! So why are you complaining?
Axl didn't say anything about the album for a long time now. And Merck is being quite evasive.

Marketing strategy ? Come on ! There are hundreds of people making the albums, printing the booklet, doing the adverts, etc... Everybody knows what's going on, except the fans !

I'll download it !
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »

I agree even if it will be 2007 JUST TELL US!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2006, 12:23:36 PM »

Silence is golden. sometime it even glitters.
I still think a silent release would be wicked for a very anticipated album. especially for a loud and grand one.

Axl didn't say anything about the album for a long time now. And Merck is being quite evasive.

well after ~ years, you call a couple of months a long time?  Shocked "One of the tuesdays before jan" evasive?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2006, 03:23:08 PM »

Axl was clear.

You just have to wait now.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »

I emailed one of my contacts at Universal late last week and got this reply back last night for what it's worth:

"Hey Russ,

How?s it going?  Yep, pretty crazy that I?ll be dealing with the G N? R record now that I am over at Universal.  So far, I haven?t heard anything that says the record will be out this year.  It might pop on to the schedule at the last minute, but I would think that they would want to make sure they have this record properly set up.  ******* and I will definitely let you know whenever we get a release date.

Enjoy the show!  I?ll be out of town for the holiday weekend.

Hope all is well!

Regardless of whether he's a 'contact' or 'insider'-type, I highly doubt someone that could e-mail you that easily with info, is going to know anything about the album's release.

jmho...

He happens to be a good friend of mine who works for Universal and has been assigned to the album promotion in this area. So yes he would have access to the information and yes he would share it with me that easily.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »

I emailed one of my contacts at Universal late last week and got this reply back last night for what it's worth:

"Hey Russ,

How?s it going?  Yep, pretty crazy that I?ll be dealing with the G N? R record now that I am over at Universal.  So far, I haven?t heard anything that says the record will be out this year.  It might pop on to the schedule at the last minute, but I would think that they would want to make sure they have this record properly set up.  ******* and I will definitely let you know whenever we get a release date.

Enjoy the show!  I?ll be out of town for the holiday weekend.

Hope all is well!

Regardless of whether he's a 'contact' or 'insider'-type, I highly doubt someone that could e-mail you that easily with info, is going to know anything about the album's release.

jmho...

He happens to be a good friend of mine who works for Universal and has been assigned to the album promotion in this area. So yes he would have access to the information and yes he would share it with me that easily.

there it is there, it may not even be out this year , hell it may not even exists , i am lost more then a 2 year old without his binky
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »

Marketing strategy ? Come on ! There are hundreds of people making the albums, printing the booklet, doing the adverts, etc... Everybody knows what's going on, except the fans !

i would hardly consider you a 'fan'
Dark_Ryu
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2006, 08:21:38 PM »

If its coming out this year, then im a 2two bit whore. i think it wont be out.
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2006, 08:23:58 PM »

Axl did say that it would be out this year, he said it would definately be out, im so fucking tired of ppl saying that we havent been promised anything, if thats not a promise, then wat is

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2006, 08:53:14 PM »

Axl did say that it would be out this year, he said it would definately be out, im so fucking tired of ppl saying that we havent been promised anything, if thats not a promise, then wat is

He did say the album will be out this year at least twice. However he has never in anyway made any promise about a specific date.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: