Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:41:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom  (Read 38566 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »

The place was a camera and smoking fest for sure.
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

- definitely want to give a shout out to htgth user Cotis who I saw up against the rail, dead center, all night rocking out. I'm too old for that but it's awesome to see the real fans working to get up front and giving the band such a good reception. it really seems like the band feeds off the crowd, and it really seemed like that a lot tonight because of how close everything was

shout out to yourself rocking the fuck out during Motivation! very few people knew that song but those of us that did, it surely had a different feel.

halfway through when Ron was center stage some dick behind us was asking people around him "hey is that robin finck? the NIN dude? he cut his hair and god he looks like a moron". needless to say, I'm pretty sure this was one of the guys that got passed out and over while crowd surfing...

definitely a change of pace with Jungle to open. it's been awhile since I saw a show with Jungle, and surely caught myself, Redman, Trocc, Elias all by surprise. we kinda looked at each other and said "WTF?".

can't wait for the next few shows - going to be a busy week! ok

Will be a busy week indeed.  I was happy too that a lot of us diehards were up and front and no fucking way were we letting anyone in.  Good to see user liguns up there too.  And not sure anyone mnetioned it yet, but the opener, Manitoba, was damn good!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »

What a fucking show. If anyone saw some dude screaming do you know where you are on the streets preshow well that was me. Even had a cop respond "in the fucking jungle, please don't end up in the back of my car". Pumped I got to hear civil war. Better show than the nj show in november. Crowd was great but had to yell at a bunch of idiots with no respect. hihi

gnrevolution.com
diego
VIP

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »

It was wild over where we were!  Axl takes the same amount of breaks he always did but like you said, he doesn't disappear for nearly as long.  He had great interaction with the crowd and the band.  I would even say he was downright jovial all night.  He said something to the effect of "We had a LOT of fun" at the end, right?  Everyone was in top form and I have seen some shows that have NOT been in top form so it is not something I say easy.  Everything just meshed right.

Something like that...and said he'd like to do it again.  When they came out at the end...they were all smiles. 

It bears repeating: EVERYONE sounded good last night. Axl, the band...everyone.  The chemistry on stage was REALLY good, too.  They seem like they've really meshed well.

I did see the cameras and some shots of the crowd being taken.  It was definitely a pumped crowd, that is for sure but it was like that at the Hammerstein shows as well so I expected no less.

There was some talk about cameras in another thread (or earlier in this one):  I saw security letting people in with cameras all night long...just in case anyone was wondering.

The dude said he was filming a documentary about the GNR shows in NYC and such. Hence why he was on stage during November Rain (right up in Axl's face, even moved his monster can on the piano), was on stage for a few other songs, up along the rail, back and forth, side of the stage, on the VIP level shooting, he was ALL OVER.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

The dude said he was filming a documentary about the GNR shows in NYC and such. Hence why he was on stage during November Rain (right up in Axl's face, even moved his monster can on the piano), was on stage for a few other songs, up along the rail, back and forth, side of the stage, on the VIP level shooting, he was ALL OVER.

Did you get his name?

I think we can safely say we ALL want to see that documentary.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

Did you get his name?

I think we can safely say we ALL want to see that documentary.....

He will be at Terminal 5 (he said) and I'll talk to him then and see what's up.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

It was nice having the Vegas reunion front & center like it was. Myself, Cotis, Elias & Troccoli. Was LIguns to the right of Troccoli? If so - hi! I was to liguns right...lol.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »

They didn't have any chick shirts---at least that I saw at the table I was near!!
ravensjacket29
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oQaYhAszcU

full WTTJ from last night.

not mine. credit goes to ChapinxVida from Youtube. just found it

Axl looks like hes in pretty bad ass shape startin off this club tour  ok
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »

NY TIMES REVIEW

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/arts/music/guns-n-roses-on-stage-in-unchanging-fashion.html

Wake up. . . .time to die
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Kicks Off Series Of 'Intimate' New York Shows; Video Available - Feb. 11, 2012

GUNS N' ROSES played the first of seven intimate small theatre/club shows and the first of three shows in New York City last night (Friday, February 10) at Roseland Ballroom. According to a review by The New York Times critic Stacey Anderson, "The nearly three-hour show was laden with familiar extravagances: grandiose guitar solos, the band?s aggressively priapic stage presence, [Axl] Rose's multiple costume changes and pliant snake dance. Yet it was a far more streamlined production than past outings; it almost started on time, for one, with nary an onstage tantrum. Mr. Rose remained the sole original member, though the keyboardist Dizzy Reed has hung on since the early 1990s."

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Welcome To The Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Estranged
05. Rocket Queen
06. This I Love
07. Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
08. Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
09. Sorry
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Better
12. DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad of Death)
13. Sweet Child O' Mine
14. Instrumental Jam (Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)
15. November Rain (with Happy Birthday to Axl Rose)
16. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
17. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)
18. Civil War
19. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
20. Nightrain

Encore:

21. Instrumental Jam
22. Madagascar
23. Don't Cry
24. Motivation (Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals)
25. Instrumental Jam
26. Patience
27. Instrumental Jam
28. Paradise City

Multi-camera video footage of last night's concert can be seen below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=169618

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

One thing I've not seen mentioned:

This show was being pro filmed.  I saw at least 3 (and maybe 4) camera men....and they were getting very "DVD-ish" shots (like the one of the camera men, during November Rain got RIGHT up on stage and was filming Axl in close up).  I don't think there was a CC system set up in the venue and I didn't see any screens/monitors...but we were so close, I might not have.

I was on the rail and only saw one camera guy. He went everywhere. The pit infront of the stage, on the stage, on the side etc. Are you sure you didn't just see the same guy in different places or was it really multiple camera men? I didn't notice any others.

Also, I lol'd when Manitoba told everyone not to throw the football at Axl.

Btw, I overheard one of the security guys telling someone that he was told by the production manager to take tophats and ask people to turn Slash shirts inside out. So I guess that "rumour" wasn't a rumour after all. Still, I believe Axl when he said he never asked anyone to do this. It's probably Productions idea.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:29:57 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »

Happy birthday Axl Rose (Roseland Ballroom, New York - 10.02.2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOaxMLsbug

Axl Rose Signing Autographs in New York City While on 2012 GN'R Tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFRjuzIckA

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

I've never had so Much fun at a concert before. It was great to finally meet some fellow "board members". Had a blast w/ Trocc n' Redman upfront n' dead center.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »

One thing I've not seen mentioned:

This show was being pro filmed.  I saw at least 3 (and maybe 4) camera men....and they were getting very "DVD-ish" shots (like the one of the camera men, during November Rain got RIGHT up on stage and was filming Axl in close up).  I don't think there was a CC system set up in the venue and I didn't see any screens/monitors...but we were so close, I might not have.

I was on the rail and only saw one camera guy. He went everywhere. The pit infront of the stage, on the stage, on the side etc. Are you sure you didn't just see the same guy in different places or was it really multiple camera men? I didn't notice any others.

Also, I lol'd when Manitoba told everyone not to throw the football at Axl.

Btw, I overheard one of the security guys telling someone that he was told by the production manager to take tophats and ask people to turn Slash shirts inside out. So I guess that "rumour" wasn't a rumour after all. Still, I believe Axl when he said he never asked anyone to do this. It's probably Productions idea.

Any chance the Slash shirts are being covered up because of the filming? They certainly wouldn't want those shirts making it onto a DVD.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »

Ehhh.... show was good.  Not great, but good.  

Let me start by saying I refused to read a setlist or watch Youtube videos by the band when the post CD release tour started in 2009.  I wanted to be surprised by the setlist when I finally got to see the band.  I saw GNR at the Izod Center in November and was very impressed.  Coming into these shows I was expecting something different from what I saw at Izod, but unfortunately it was almost the exact same show except that they opened with Jungle and they played Civil War (the highlight of the night for me).  There may have been slight differences here and there but it was nothing that stuck out.  

To be honest even though it was cool seeing them in that setting I do feel somewhat cheated.  I was really looking forward to all 3 of these shows, but now I am worried that Sunday and Wednesday's shows are going to be the exact same thing.  

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I think if I saw that show and setlist for the first time on Friday night I would say it was incredible.  I just wanted something different than the Izod show.  

Oh and a celebrity sighting... my fiance and I met Norman Reedus of The Walking Dead.  He seems like a very cool guy.  

YDontUJustFOff
Opening Act

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 06:17:41 PM »

I had a great time last night!  I am thinking of picking up a ticket for tomorrow night if I feel up to it.  I'm already going to Wednesday's show too. 
Stopped by the Gossip pre-party and had a good time.  Great show, largest roseland crowd I think I've ever seen.
CHeers
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »

Where was he signing autographs at??
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »

Saw a bunch of people waiting out back when I left - could easily tell most were autograph hounds. Get him to sign stuff then put it on eBay and make a quick buck. Ruins it for real fans.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: