Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:44:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Eminem
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem  (Read 85240 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2004, 11:09:54 PM »

"The Marshall Mathers LP" is one of the greatest cds ive ever owned period, not just greatest rap cd but one of the greatest, it is a masterpiece.

rest of his albums were ok but that one right there was great.

You know that's what most people say about his records... Marshall Mathers is supposed to be his best and the rest are just ok.  I'm exactly the opposite, that CD is my least favourite of the 4.  It's incredible, but I just think the other ones are a few steps ahead.  I never got into the second half of that CD much.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2004, 08:47:06 PM »

I like Eminem. I think he puts out some really decent stuff, except for this album. I disagree that this is anything but juvenile crap. None of the beats are interesting at all. His last album "Show" was amazing. "Encore" just didn't anything for me, or anyone I've met who's heard it. This is the first I've heard from anyone that said it was good. I do have to say that his rapping has gotten better, and I do like the fact that's he's not rapping about anthrax on tampons and shit that's just sick.... now that I say that the puking song is pretty gay!

/AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2004, 09:21:10 PM »

i saw him on TRL this morning and i like Eminem, im not sure if ill pick this cd up or not, i was actually disappointed in the Eminem show, i listened to it bout 3 times and just couldnt get into it.  I dont know, i may pick it up if i have some spare cash lyin around one day

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2004, 04:06:04 PM »

The guy had his peak with Marshall Mathers LP. I doubt he'll ever do anything better that that.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2004, 08:29:50 PM »

how much will it sell the 1st week according to you?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2004, 09:03:19 PM »

Well according to Hits Daily Double he's moved over 700,000 this weekend.  Since the release was pushed up to Friday those numbers are just over the weekend, but it will still put him at number 1.  I would've liked to see how much he'd sell in a full first week of sales... but whatever.

CHART PREVIEW: ?EM? IS
FOR "MONSTER"   

Eminem, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, Destiny?s Child, Britney, Others Wrap a Wacky
Retail Weekend

November 15, 2004

The usually neat and orderly world of music retail suddenly became a chaotic, every-man-for-himself jungle last week as the early arrival of Eminem and other key releases created a street-date-breaking frenzy the like of which hasn't been seen since the fall of Saigon.
Okay, maybe that?s an overstatement, but observers can?t help but be a little impressed with the number of release-date changes happening lately, first among which this week is Eminem?s Encore (Shady/Interscope), which in keeping with his last two releases was bumped up to Friday, but actually was being sold widely by last Thursday.

Encore is set to take #1 on this week?s chart easily, with a ?first weekend? tally of over 700k, as the picture becomes clearer later today when more sales reports have been processed.

Eminem?s early arrival put an end to Shania Twain?s hopes for a #1 debut with her greatest hits package, which has nevertheless seen a boost from the CMA Awards, as has Toby Keith?s best-of set. Both performed on last week?s awards barn dance.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2004, 10:17:58 PM »

The man is so starved for lyrics he's starting to reuse phrases like "guess whos back, back again" come on, can't he think of something new to say? Roll Eyes

n' when the man does a greatest hits there all gonna have 'guess whos back' hihi

The Micheal Jackson bashing is pathetic to me, im mean, when i hear someone bashin' MJ today i just think how desperate you are for ideas, it's been done n' done n' done again. Roll Eyes

I respect the man but the knew single is fuckin' annoying to the max, the real people making him money are little 10 to 15 year old G wannabe's , c'mon it's true, thats why we got him and the top 50 to go with it!!!

Not baggin' you Sky72, i just think the man has had his time Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2004, 09:56:41 AM »

Clintron u think he's had his time Shocked

The man's a black wanna be, thats why i see so many white people dressing and acting black because of Eminem. Big fuckin deal he can SPEAK fast, he has no idea what rap is about, most don't know that anymore.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2004, 11:24:32 AM »

i bought the album a few days ago, its definately his worst album so far....he seems to have lost the venom that made him eminem....most of the songs sound pretty emotionless.
and somehow he seems to have a weird infatuation with 50 cent

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2004, 11:59:15 AM »

Eminem has funny lyrics at times, but for the most part, hes crap. The only reason hes so popular these days is caus theres no proper music to guide people my age around. If u go up to some person on the street and ask "Who is Joe Perry", the one of the very forefathers of blues-rock, chances are the wouldn't know. Also considering that Eminem listens to Aerosmith, shouldnt people have the same sound as the idols?
Jet and The Darkness are the onlt good new bands that i can think of roght off the bat. Dont get me wrong, i like a bit of Sum 41 and Billy Talent, but honestly, in this lifetime i doubt i see any up-and-coming rock ledgends.
Really, honestly.......don't be an idiot.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2004, 01:04:41 PM »

i like a bit of Sum 41

I stopped reading after that.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2004, 03:28:37 PM »

I personally never cared much for Eminem in the past. After hearing Mosh I decided I would give Encore a chance. I liked it more than I thought I would but I'm just not sure if most of the songs are supposed to be tongue in cheek stabs at himself and other celebrities, in which case he achieved his goal; or is it supposed to be a serious look at todays culture, in which case I think he seriously missed the mark. "Mosh" shows he can make a powerful song when he wants to but do we really still need to hear about Michael Jackson, Pee Wee Herman, Jessica Simpson? If "Mosh" wasnt on this C.D. I would be content to look at Encore overall as just a pop it in the player when I want to have fun release; but with the inclusion of "Mosh" i feel let down that nothing else on Encore comes close to matching the power, anger, intensity, and desperateness of the situations brought up in this song.

On one other note who ever is singing the female part on "Spend Some Time With Me" has an absolutely amazing voice. Anyone know who that is?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2004, 10:26:47 PM »

710.000 copies in just 3 days

i dont think his 15 minutes will ever be up, he is a true icon! imagine if he had the whole 7 days on his first week sales?   wow!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2004, 07:39:18 PM »

If "Mosh" wasnt on this C.D. I would be content to look at Encore overall as just a pop it in the player when I want to have fun release; but with the inclusion of "Mosh" i feel let down that nothing else on Encore comes close to matching the power, anger, intensity, and desperateness of the situations brought up in this song.

On one other note who ever is singing the female part on "Spend Some Time With Me" has an absolutely amazing voice. Anyone know who that is?

I agree, the "anger" you see in Mosh isn't present on the rest of the album.  He's got a little bit of fire on "Never Enough" (which is just a great song - Nate Dogg is the best), but the rest of the album is split between storytelling and "joke" songs like Puke or Rain Man.

I'm curious who the female is on "Spend Some Time" too... whoever she is, she really makes that song.  She sets a really good mood for it, definetaly one of the stand out tracks.  I'm really liking "Mockingbird" as well, the piano in that song is great.

Man.... if Eminem had a full 7 days on the first week, he would've pumped out like 1.5 - 2 million copies.  Definetaly not an artist that "won't be remembered 20-30 years from now" like so many here claim he is.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2004, 11:05:57 AM »

so how much copies "encore" sold for the 1st week? it's been 1 week now)

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2004, 10:18:38 PM »

so how much copies "encore" sold for the 1st week? it's been 1 week now)

Well fuck.... in it's first full week of sales Encore sold over 900,000 copies... so in 10 days it's total is at 1.7 million (the same as "The Eminem Show" did in it's first 10 days). 
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2005, 05:08:38 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000980248

Superstar rapper Eminem will retire from touring and making solo albums this fall, according to a report in the Detroit Free Press. The piece quotes sources close to Eminem as saying his final live performance will be Sept. 17 in Dublin, and that his 2004 album, "Encore," will likely be his last.

Eminem exploded into the mainstream in the late 1990s, having honed his skills amid the Detroit rap underground. He has sold nearly 29 million albums to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan; "Encore" has shifted 4.68 million since its release last fall.

Eminem's manager, Paul Rosenberg, told the Free Press that while "no official decision" has been made about the artist's future plans, "Encore" is "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

A source close to the situation offered Billboard.com a similar take, saying, "'Encore' was the close of the first chapter in his career. Beyond that, who knows?"

Like his mentor, Dr. Dre, Eminem (real name: Marshall Mathers) will transition into a behind-the-scenes existence of writing and producing material for other artists, according to the article.

Based on its cover art showing the rapper taking a bow, Rosenberg says he is "actually pretty shocked" more observers didn't begin to wonder if "Encore" would be Eminem's last album.

The theme is taken a step further during a video montage that plays during Eminem's set on the in-progress Anger Management tour. At one point, he is seen aiming a gun at his face in the mirror before placing it at his temple and pulling the trigger. But the weapon misfires, leaving Eminem to exclaim, "This is how you go out with a bang, baby!"

Seems about right to me... Before his last album I was wondering what kind of title he would have since his original "trilogy" was finished (Slim Shady, Marshall Mathers, Eminem).  Then he releases "Encore" which seems to end on a "the show is over" note.

I think he will still be able to contribute to the world of music if he focuses on producing and scouting talent, and this will end a near flawless run as a solo rapper.  The only thing I would change would be playing the final show in Dublin... I mean, he should at least have a big blowout concert at Ford Field or something.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »

Use to really like the guy - but this latest album is horrendous,?this album has produced some of the weakest songs I have ever heard - and i really liked the other three (well, the handful of songs that weren't blatant filler)

He should have retired an album ago, he's totally lost his way

Quick! To the bandwagon!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2005, 10:22:24 PM »

looks like God hasn't abandoned us after all  Wink

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
MikeB
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2005, 10:35:10 PM »

looks like God hasn't abandoned us after all Wink
My prayers are finally answered, right on dude ok
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: