Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 733941 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1000 on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:46 AM »

Del emailed a GnR Bar community member and said:

Only Robin knows what the hell he's doing.

Take care,
Del

How Random is that.  Thanks Del!

The Bar member asked him about Robins status and he replied.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1001 on: April 10, 2008, 01:35:21 AM »

Take care,
Del

That also could be interpreted as "Why are you asking me what Robin is doing?  He's the one who should be asked that question."  I see it as more of a dismissive answer rather than a revealing answer in any way.

Ali
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1002 on: April 10, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »

oh man just by that email respond this page is gonna grow another 50 pages
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1003 on: April 10, 2008, 01:44:02 AM »

There really is nothing to talk about. 

Robin is going on a tour with the NIN boys.

GN'R doesn't have any immediate touring plans.

Robin can do "whatever the hell" he wants.

Shucks.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1004 on: April 10, 2008, 01:45:54 AM »

Take care,
Del

That also could be interpreted as "Why are you asking me what Robin is doing?  He's the one who should be asked that question."  I see it as more of a dismissive answer rather than a revealing answer in any way.

Ali

You are perfectly free to interpret that way, however the reply seems to fit into the notion that the GnR camp did not know or willing to admit knowledge of any plan for Robin to return to NIN. 

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1005 on: April 10, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »

Take care,
Del

Ali

Yes, I tend to agree and maybe it's because Robin's keeping his cards close to his chest.  Only my opinion, but perhaps Robin hasn't made a final decision, or wants to keep his options open at this time, and Axl is giving him time to decide what he wants.  They appear to have had a good working relationship by and large over the last decade, and we know from experience that Axl isn't one to give up on his friends lightly, so maybe he's hoping, and working towards, a resolution that will benefit everyone.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1006 on: April 10, 2008, 02:06:42 AM »

It's not like Robin didn't have any number of outlets to say something/anything to his GNR fans HIMSELF.  He chose instead to let someone else mock us fans by posting his pic and welcome him back into their fold.

IMO, Robin doesn't deserve any respect for the way he's handled this.  no
I agree with you. Sadly... Sad

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1007 on: April 10, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »

Take care,
Del

Ali

You are perfectly free to interpret that way, however the reply seems to fit into the notion that the GnR camp did not know or willing to admit knowledge of any plan for Robin to return to NIN. 

Do you really think Del James would give any indication of the status of the situation in an e-mail to a member of the GN'R Bar? 

I really don't.  I think that's more of a dismissive, "don't bother me with that question" type of response.

Ali
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1008 on: April 10, 2008, 02:19:52 AM »

Shucks.

Exactly.

Is it really that difficult to fathom?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1009 on: April 10, 2008, 02:20:32 AM »

It's not like Robin didn't have any number of outlets to say something/anything to his GNR fans HIMSELF.  He chose instead to let someone else mock us fans by posting his pic and welcome him back into their fold.

IMO, Robin doesn't deserve any respect for the way he's handled this.  no

Silliness.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1010 on: April 10, 2008, 02:21:34 AM »

What would make you think Del would know anything about what Robin's doing? I think that's what his e-mail was saying.

The fact there isn't any word from GNR is a very bad sign. Too bad if its not true they couldn't squash this rumor right away like the reality show. And if there is that deep of a detachment between members of Guns that no one really doesn't know what Robin is doing, than that is very, very sad. no

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1011 on: April 10, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »

What would make you think Del would know anything about what Robin's doing? I think that's what his e-mail was saying.

The fact there isn't any word from GNR is a very bad sign. Too bad if its not true they couldn't squash this rumor right away like the reality show. And if there is that deep of a detachment between members of Guns that no one really doesn't know what Robin is doing, than that is very, very sad. no

I wouldn't take a lack of confirmation one way or the other as being a sign of detachment or anything else between the members of GN'R.  I think that would be quite a leap to make that conclusion.

Ali
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1012 on: April 10, 2008, 02:46:41 AM »

I think that would be quite a leap to make that conclusion.

Ali

I don't think so, Im with the naysayers,  hihi I SMELL A DEAD CAT
I mean, everything seems to point towards the horrible scenario.
-Picture of Robin sleeping with the enemy.
-no NEWS whatsoever regarding this issue from ANYONE on the gnr camp.  - AND DONT TELL ME THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS THREAD.

Once confirmed , we'll  be here to say : ''WE told you so''

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1013 on: April 10, 2008, 03:35:09 AM »

well D.....  robin is a member of gnr for like 11 years now. in these 11 years gnr has NOT released ANY music featuring his guitar work. can`t you understand the possibility of becoming frustrated after spending 11 years of your life(!!!) for a band , that is not able to release a record?

it doesn`t matter why it was not released, fact is, it wasn`t released and things don?t appear to be changing soon.

i`m a huge fan of robin and his role in gnr and i hope he doesn`t leave for good, but i don`t think he is the one to blame after waiting this long. and if he tours with NIN to stay busy it`s probably the best thing to do at the moment.

My point is, He can play with NIN all he wants. I just think there will come a time where he has to choose. are u gonna be in NIN or are u gonna be in GNR?

I think this is a slap in the face to fans who have supported him and have stuck up for him against bashers and haters.  The CD is handed in, Axl hired a new management team, so why leave and go back to a super huge major band now?

It just doesn't add up.

Unless, pure speculation, he figures why not get paid for the work he did on CD without having to go through the headache of waiting and touring with GNR?

Maybe Robin doesnt like the Midnight shows anymore than the old band did?

this way, he knows Bucket remains on the album, so he can tour with NIN, and still get paid handsomely for his work on CD.
WIN WIN

Its like having a great woman at home but still going and fuckin your ex chick on the side.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1014 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:32 AM »

Take care,
Del

Ali

Do you really think Del James would give any indication of the status of the situation in an e-mail to a member of the GN'R Bar? 

I really don't.  I think that's more of a dismissive, "don't bother me with that question" type of response.

Ali

But that's the point, he doesn't give any status report because he doesn't know.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1015 on: April 10, 2008, 03:38:49 AM »

The lack of information strikes me as being odd. No one seems to have anything to say, as if they don't know anything. Surprisingly.

I would not be shocked if Del had some information as he is the GnR biographer and has posted updates before (one even on the official site). But the facts are that he doesn't have any information to share. I find that surprising.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:43:03 AM by killingvector » Logged

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1016 on: April 10, 2008, 03:40:18 AM »

I'll miss Robin's onstage charisma if he did leave but I would not mind at all if the Bucketheaded one was welcomed back into the fold. All hail the mighty Bucket.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1017 on: April 10, 2008, 03:48:56 AM »

Shucks.

Exactly.

Is it really that difficult to fathom?

Apparently for some it is, since this topic is already 52 pages long Roll Eyes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1018 on: April 10, 2008, 04:18:24 AM »

I wouldn't take a lack of confirmation one way or the other as being a sign of detachment or anything else between the members of GN'R.  I think that would be quite a leap to make that conclusion.

Ali

Where have you been the last 8 years? No one really knows what's going on inside GNR, including the members of GNR. That's the way it's always been. And yes, I find it very strange that members of the band have no clue of what's going on with their band.

You can get immediate confirmation that a reality show or tour isn't in the works, but there's no one who can seem to answer if a band member is still part of the band. That strikes me as a pretty big detachment. That's not a leap, that's looking at the subject objectively. I would love to be wrong on this though, but I really thought there would be an official answer about this a couple days ago. But if its being reported in more than one media outlet that Robin has left, I think the GNR camp would want to address this. Wouldn't you?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Death Cube K
« Reply #1019 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:08 AM »

When Robin goes on tour with NIN, he stays on tour for a long time. We're talking at least a year from now on. Maybe more. Meaning no tour, no album and we're in for another long wait.

If you don't see the seriousness in this situation then I cant help you

But if its being reported in more than one media outlet that Robin has left, I think the GNR camp would want to address this. Wouldn't you?

Exactly. Media reports it, NIN reports it. It's just that GNR have no clue whats going on with Robin and therefore can't issue any statement. They simply don't know. They know Dr. Pepper had fun with them, they know Del James will sign books. But they have no idea what the hell Robin is doing and have to simply go with the fact that he IS in the band until otherwise. That is, whenever Robin bothers to tell them what's going on.

Robin temporarily left because GNR have no immediate touring plans meaning the next year and a half? Well that's fine, but that situation points to CD not being ANYWHERE close to being released. And people don't get why others are upset??
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:47:06 AM by DCK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: