Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 735800 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #940 on: April 09, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »

I enjoy his 180 in the matter.

He went from saying this band has less meaning and how he thinks of me while listening to some old Axl rant about people who try to control what you think, to actually understanding that there might be more to this.

It's just refreshing to see him change his mind a bit. The same guy who's attacked me for trying to make people think.  

Wonder what made him see "the light".....

complete 180? Thats funny, I still think the band loses its idenity with the loss of Robin, on top of Bucket. I still think that the loss of Robin makes this band less meaningful in regards to touring for the album.

All Ive said was that I feel bad for Axl in regards to this situation. And if you have payed any attention, Ive always been a fan of Axl. Although I might not agree with him from time to time I still feel bad for him on some instances.

And just because I think Robin was at fault for how it appears he has handled things doesnt mean I dont like him or want him back.

So no 180 from me my friend

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #941 on: April 09, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »

Well sorry for giving you some credit for actually acting a bit more sensible compared to a few days ago.

I guess I was wrong...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Death Cube K
« Reply #942 on: April 09, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »

I suspect that if anybody has any announcement to make, they will do so.

First they have to find out themselves.  hihi
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #943 on: April 09, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »

Why email Bumblefoot what's he gonna say ?

Not that I would expect him to say something like " ya he was at the end of his contract and like Scott wanted to get back with the guys he had more chemistry with" Witch I felt the chemistry in the band while Robin was there so that couldn't be the problem. I really don't know I just want the truth, is that a bad thing...   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #944 on: April 09, 2008, 05:25:09 PM »

Jarmo, does GNR have a home base?  Like where members meet on a regular basis, or does that happen at Axl's home or a rented recording studio? 

Like a club house?

Considering two of them live on the East Coast, I'd say no.

This obviously changes when they're recording or rehearsing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #945 on: April 09, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »

Well sorry for giving you some credit for actually acting a bit more sensible compared to a few days ago.

I guess I was wrong...
I dont think I have been saying anything different but if you think I have been more sensible than thats a plus. We had a positive convo before so lets not let bimbo jimbo get in the way of that

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #946 on: April 09, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »

Jarmo, does GNR have a home base?  Like where members meet on a regular basis, or does that happen at Axl's home or a rented recording studio? 

Like a club house?

Considering two of them live on the East Coast, I'd say no.

This obviously changes when they're recording or rehearsing.

/jarmo

Good point.  I was just wondering if they had like an office/club house, where they go to talk about tours, setlists, have some beers, write some tunes, etc....  I fogot about the 2 on the east coast... Its possible these guys haven't seen each other in a very long time.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #947 on: April 09, 2008, 05:34:27 PM »

lets not let bimbo jimbo get in the way of that

Maybe you should be an example then and stop with the potshots at him....  ok

Good point.  I was just wondering if they had like an office/club house, where they go to talk about tours, setlists, have some beers, write some tunes, etc.... 

That's why they invented the telephone. Wink

/jarmo

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #948 on: April 09, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »

Most bands have a 'HQ' : GNR is a business, after all, and every business has to have an office.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #949 on: April 09, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »

Yes, many bands do have a rehearsal space, office and/or studio.

Don't know if that's the case with GN'R.

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #950 on: April 09, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »

Is All...  NIN, Finck, etc...

Only Promotion Positive By GUNS N' ROSES & New Recorded CHINESE DEMOCRACY...

GNR Tour Fall 2008.

Not Preocupation Fans.

beer smoking beer

HBK *

I'll take "What The Hell" For 400 please.

What is, stringing random words together in hopes they form a sentence, Alex? peace

I jest, I jest.

What he is saying I believe is that GNR should be positive and that he is hoping for or thinks there may be a tour in the fall and we should stop being pre-occupied with nonsense.

Hey, sounds good to me! peace
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #951 on: April 09, 2008, 06:31:25 PM »

lets not let bimbo jimbo get in the way of that

Maybe you should be an example then and stop with the potshots at him....  ok

Good point.  I was just wondering if they had like an office/club house, where they go to talk about tours, setlists, have some beers, write some tunes, etc.... 

That's why they invented the telephone. Wink

/jarmo

I bet if they did have a place to hang out every day this would be a little different and maybe fewer surprises!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #952 on: April 09, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »

Do you tell people you hang out with every day everything?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #953 on: April 09, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »

I guess stuff like this is why maybe I went from a die hard supporter to now being an Axl die hard but maybe a casual GNR supporter.

I have never been a fan of side projects, going back and forth between this band and this band etc.

Im not saying everyone should feel this way, but this is how I feel.

I supported this band more than anyone from RIRIII, through VMA's through the 2002 tour.

but the more solo albums I see, the more side projects, the more going to play with this big band or that big band..... It starts coming off like these guys are hired musicians and not a band. That is where I guess i start having problems with it.

I realize guys are musicians and have the right to play, I can accept Tommy doing what he does, Dizzy etc but NIN is just too huge. throw in the fact Robin quit GNR in 99 or so to go back makes it even more depressing and hard to understand.

Trent basically threw Robin under the bus and acted like he was replaced by someone far superior, so why the fuck would Robin go back?

U are the LEAD GUITAR PLAYER in GNR, U should have some loyalty.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ben9785
« Reply #954 on: April 09, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »

I briefly entertained the idea of emailing Richard about it but I just as quickly rejected the thought because its not in the place of Richard Fortus or Bumblefoot or any other member of the band to address whats going on, neither it is the place of any member of NIN or their representatives, unless of course Trent discusses in a future interview the extent of Robin's involvement with NIN.

I'm resigned to just waiting for any official word now.

ben9785
« Reply #955 on: April 09, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »

I guess stuff like this is why maybe I went from a die hard supporter to now being an Axl die hard but maybe a casual GNR supporter.

I have never been a fan of side projects, going back and forth between this band and this band etc.

Im not saying everyone should feel this way, but this is how I feel.

I supported this band more than anyone from RIRIII, through VMA's through the 2002 tour.

but the more solo albums I see, the more side projects, the more going to play with this big band or that big band..... It starts coming off like these guys are hired musicians and not a band. That is where I guess i start having problems with it.

I realize guys are musicians and have the right to play, I can accept Tommy doing what he does, Dizzy etc but NIN is just too huge. throw in the fact Robin quit GNR in 99 or so to go back makes it even more depressing and hard to understand.

Trent basically threw Robin under the bus and acted like he was replaced by someone far superior, so why the fuck would Robin go back?

U are the LEAD GUITAR PLAYER in GNR, U should have some loyalty.

Any member of a band has the right to work on other projects outside their main band, as long as, of course, their other projects don't overshadow or interfere with commitments of their main band. Things with GNR for now are on hold obviously due to legal/business issues relating to the release of the album, so you can't obviously expect all members of the band to put their life on hold waiting for GNR to reconvene.

Yes, the situation with Robin & NIN is different, because NIN is a big name in music, and we know of Robin's past. BUT, don't go attacking Robin right now, none of us have a right to come to any conclusions until we hear more officially.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #956 on: April 09, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »

well D.....  robin is a member of gnr for like 11 years now. in these 11 years gnr has NOT released ANY music featuring his guitar work. can`t you understand the possibility of becoming frustrated after spending 11 years of your life(!!!) for a band , that is not able to release a record?

it doesn`t matter why it was not released, fact is, it wasn`t released and things don?t appear to be changing soon.

i`m a huge fan of robin and his role in gnr and i hope he doesn`t leave for good, but i don`t think he is the one to blame after waiting this long. and if he tours with NIN to stay busy it`s probably the best thing to do at the moment.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #957 on: April 09, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »

Does GNR even exist until album comes out?  Seriously.  Its like GNR isn't anything anymore.  Simply a memory of past greatness until this album is released.  Maybe the guys don't view GNR as a band really and more of a job that until CD is released won't get to do their work.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #958 on: April 09, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »

it's been almost a week and no word.

It's getting weird.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #959 on: April 09, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »

It's not like Robin didn't have any number of outlets to say something/anything to his GNR fans HIMSELF.  He chose instead to let someone else mock us fans by posting his pic and welcome him back into their fold.

IMO, Robin doesn't deserve any respect for the way he's handled this.  no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: