Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 176488 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #740 on: September 10, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »

The guy who stole the songs, that's certainly not cool and deserves some consequences. Same for the guy who uploaded them for the world to hear ...

As for the curious fans who downloaded it, frankly after 17 years next week without an album release of original music, GNR should be thankful people are still interested. I'm not saying that downloading the songs was good or bad, but I can't pass judgement on those who did. I mean, it may not have been lawful, but at least it lets them know people still care enough about the music to seek it out.

Another point about those who downloaded the songs, in the past, leaks have been rumored to have come from within the GNR organization. Those who downloaded the songs may have thought (or been misinformed) that these songs were intentionally leaked. I mean, I don't understand how something like this could get out. It's like the KFC secret recipe, a state secret or something. I can't believe it actually got out without help.

So I'm not going to condemn people for still being fans enough to seek out new GNR music after all this time.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #741 on: September 10, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »

Stop being so self centered for a few seconds and read my post again.

Just because it's great for you, doesn't mean it works like that for everybody else.

That's why the guy got the RIAA and FBI after him.

/jarmo

How am I being any more self-centered than you?  Your self-centeredness revolves around you wanting to maintain the credibility of this site so you take the official stance of the band in regards to the leaks.  I would guess that if you were not so vested in this site and the band you would have the leaks and would listening to them as we speak. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »

How am I being any more self-centered than you?  Your self-centeredness revolves around you wanting to maintain the credibility of this site so you take the official stance of the band in regards to the leaks.  I would guess that if you were not so vested in this site and the band you would have the leaks and would listening to them as we speak. 

Umm, no.

When you start seeing the big picture instead of just thinking about yourself, then your decisions might change.

When you understand that leaks hurt the bands you claim to support, you might start thinking differently about them.

The band didn't want the songs out like this.

I respect and understand that.

I have no need to show the band that I can get even with them.

Unlike you.....

I love the band for the music they've given us. It's not about "give me more music or I'll stop listening to you. And do this, do that, or else!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2008, 11:54:02 AM »

Umm, no.

When you start seeing the big picture instead of just thinking about yourself, then your decisions might change.

When you understand that leaks hurt the bands you claim to support, you might start thinking differently about them.

The band didn't want the songs out like this.

I respect and understand that.

I have no need to show the band that I can get even with them.

Unlike you.....

I love the band for the music they've given us. It's not about "give me more music or I'll stop listening to you. And do this, do that, or else!".

/jarmo

Yeah, my sole intent was to get even with the band.  It wasn't to hear the music and enjoy it.  It wasn't out of curiosity.  It wasn't to see if the wait had been worth it.  Sorry, but that is just a moronic statement.  I said yesterday that Axl and I were even, downloads for time wasted.  It was a tongue in cheek comment.  You got all pissy about it so I ran with it.  You make it seem like I have been plotting my revenge for years.  That's absurd.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »

It wasn't to hear the music and enjoy it.  It wasn't out of curiosity.  It wasn't to see if the wait had been worth it.  Sorry, but that is just a moronic statement.  I said yesterday that Axl and I were even, downloads for time wasted.  It was a tongue in cheek comment.  You got all pissy about it so I ran with it.  You make it seem like I have been plotting my revenge for years.  That's absurd.

Moronic is somebody whining about a show starting "late" eight or more years ago. When in fact there were reasons for that!

So you want to hear music. No matter how, when and what's behind it. Even if it means somebody broke the law.

I'm not like you.

Trust me, you haven't seen me pissy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #745 on: September 10, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »

Im sorry guys but you fellas are fucked!!!   Why argue so much, its not helping anything.... no offence Jarmo

Let the law deal with this shit,  yes it is wrong for what Skerwl " aka The worlds biggest nobody looking for new friends and fame"  did and he wll be punished accordingly for his actions.

I love Guns N' Roses for all the music they given, all the amazing concerts they played and the most ingenious lyrics that got me through so many hard nights".     

I also love them for what is yet to come.

Screw the Leaks, we waited so long and im sure a few more months will not kill us,  at that time we know why it took so long when the Worlds Best Record is released

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #746 on: September 10, 2008, 12:22:39 PM »

It wasn't to hear the music and enjoy it.  It wasn't out of curiosity.  It wasn't to see if the wait had been worth it.  Sorry, but that is just a moronic statement.  I said yesterday that Axl and I were even, downloads for time wasted.  It was a tongue in cheek comment.  You got all pissy about it so I ran with it.  You make it seem like I have been plotting my revenge for years.  That's absurd.

Moronic is somebody whining about a show starting "late" eight or more years ago. When in fact there were reasons for that!

So you want to hear music. No matter how, when and what's behind it. Even if it means somebody broke the law.

I'm not like you.

Trust me, you haven't seen me pissy.

/jarmo

So just because I stated a fact that a show started late I am whining?  I used no emoticons that indicated whining Smiley !!

So if you went to your favorite record store on the Friday before CD was to be released and the clerk offered to sell it to you early, what would you do?  Refuse it and comeback on Monday?Tuesday?  Or buy it?

I don't consider this an arguement, do you?  More of a debate.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #747 on: September 10, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »

I've heard the entire album. It's amazing. I don't think me hearing it before the release is hurting anyone, but on the other hand I do understand the position the band is in, but I'd be more pissed if I got killed today and didn't get to hear it, so in a sense I do have to think about myself first in this situation. I've always said to myself, "please don't die before it comes out, please!". A really good friend of mine died a couple years ago and he was a huge fan. Now I have to go to his grave and play the album. Not as much fun if it had come out earlier and we got to smoke a couple joints together, but that's life right. All I'm saying is, if you can get it, get it. No ones at fault for anything here (IMO) other than the person who originally got it from the master tapes or where ever they got it from. So be it, move on, live your life, and enjoy the album if you have it already. I'll still be buying one.

How come no ones going after the person that leaked the entire album? This guy who leaked 9 songs is nothing IMO.

That's it,
a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #748 on: September 10, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »

Slash mentioned that he heard the album as well... and I wondered if he meant he heard the 9 leaked tracks or if he heard the actual album... are you saying you heard the actual album as it will be released ?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #749 on: September 10, 2008, 12:38:05 PM »

So just because I stated a fact that a show started late I am whining?  I used no emoticons that indicated whining Smiley !!

You stated a "fact" to prove your point. A fact that was proven to be false.

Did you apologize? No....

So if you went to your favorite record store on the Friday before CD was to be released and the clerk offered to sell it to you early, what would you do?  Refuse it and comeback on Monday?Tuesday?  Or buy it?

Did you say BUY as in PAY for the album?

Not STEAL or download for FREE from a blog?

There's a difference?  Shocked

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #750 on: September 10, 2008, 01:34:46 PM »

You stated a "fact" to prove your point. A fact that was proven to be false.

Did you apologize? No....

Did you say BUY as in PAY for the album?

Not STEAL or download for FREE from a blog?

There's a difference?  Shocked

/jarmo

Fact:  Indianapolis 1992 Hoosier Dome, Guns took the stage 3 hours after Metallica left it.
Fact:  Las Vegas HOB Guns took the stage nearly 3 hours after we were let in the venue.

It would still be illegal for the record store to have the album for sale before the given date.  The store could get into trouble with the record company for this and you would be aiding and abetting the "crime".
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #751 on: September 10, 2008, 01:43:39 PM »

Fact:  Indianapolis 1992 Hoosier Dome, Guns took the stage 3 hours after Metallica left it.

Fact: You're bringing up something that happened to you 16 years ago so you can keep having something against the band!  hihi

I wouldn't be surprised if 16 years ago you thought it was bad ass to have a band that didn't care about rules!

But not now.... Oh no. Now it's not cool anymore. Your time is precious. Even if it happened 16 fucking years ago.

Fact:  Las Vegas HOB Guns took the stage nearly 3 hours after we were let in the venue.

Fact: One of your beloved professional bands' set went over their time and therefore delayed GN'R's show.

Doors often open hours before the show itself starts. So that would explain at least another hour of your precious time.  Smiley

It would still be illegal for the record store to have the album for sale before the given date.  The store could get into trouble with the record company for this and you would be aiding and abetting the "crime".

Are you comparing BUYING and PAYING for an album a day too early to breaking copyright laws?

What other possible ways are you gonna try to justify you being so self centered?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:47:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #752 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »

Fact: You're bringing up something that happened to you 16 years ago so you can keep having something against the band!  hihi

I wouldn't be surprised if 16 years ago you thought it was bad ass to have a band that didn't care about rules!

But not now.... Oh no. Now it's not cool anymore. Your time is precious. Even if it happened 16 fucking years ago.

Fact: One of your beloved professional bands' set went over their time and therefore delayed GN'R's show.

Doors often open hours before the show itself starts. So that would explain at least another hour of your precious time.  Smiley

Are you comparing BUYING and PAYING for an album a day too early to breaking copyright laws?

What other possible ways are you gonna try to justify you being so self centered?

/jarmo

Fact:  16 years ago after the Guns show I didn't get laid when I should have.  My girl fell asleep on the way home because Axl and his ham kept us there too late.

If Axl and the boys don't care about the rules then why are they so worked up about some leaks?  Oh, because it's not cool to not care about the rules now?  You can't have it both ways.

All I've got is precious time.....

Here you go again, pushing your GG Dolls infatuation off on me.  It's OK, you're amongst friends here.  Just admit it and we will get you the help you're so in need of.

In the eys of the law there is no "kind of illegal" act.  Getting an album early would be illegal.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #753 on: September 10, 2008, 02:56:08 PM »

Fact:  16 years ago after the Guns show I didn't get laid when I should have.  My girl fell asleep on the way home because Axl and his ham kept us there too late.

No wonder you have that kind of resentment towards the band.

Maybe you just need to let it go? Ever thought about it?

Could you concentrate for a minute and think about it? Please?

If Axl and the boys don't care about the rules then why are they so worked up about some leaks?  Oh, because it's not cool to not care about the rules now?  You can't have it both ways.

Are you really that ignorant?

I bet you're pretending. I bet this is your idea of fun.

To act like a douche bag because you didn't get lucky in 1992.

Nobody can be that fucking ignorant, that they don't see the difference between stealing the band's music (the band they claim to be fans of), and going against the rules that you love so much. You know, the rules that say you have to go on stage at 9PM sharp so that you can get home before midnight.

And by the fucking way, it's the RIAA who went after the guy. Not the band.

Another case of you needing to get your facts straight.

But who needs facts when you got fiction.....

Here you go again, pushing your GG Dolls infatuation off on me.  It's OK, you're amongst friends here.  Just admit it and we will get you the help you're so in need of.

Who was the one who was talking of professionalism?

Does it bother you now that you found out even those so called professional bands have shows start late and/or run late?

It does, doesn't it?

Instead of just admitting that your whole case of the band being late in Vegas depends on factors out of the band's control, you ignore it and keep trying to make "funny" jokes.

This is exactly what I meant with "you people".

People who try to argue but when they are aware that their whole case is bullshit, the insults and lame jokes start coming.

Just what you've done over and over again.

Your whole act is so lame.

You have nothing to back up your argument with other than "Axl was late in 1992 so I can download his songs".

In the eys of the law there is no "kind of illegal" act.  Getting an album early would be illegal.

I'm not that familiar with the law. What law is it?

I'm just assuming that STEALING music is a bit different than BUYING it a day too early from an authorized retailer (not some scummy guy selling pirated cds on the street).

But what do I know right?

You're the guy who's FINALLY getting justice after 16 fucking years of misery!

Priceless. rofl

If anybody needs help, it's you.

Your obsession with your time can't be healthy in the long run. Holding a grudge for 16 years.....

Maybe some relaxation tapes will do the trick....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:58:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #754 on: September 10, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »

I've heard the entire album. It's amazing.
How come no ones going after the person that leaked the entire album? This guy who leaked 9 songs is nothing IMO.

That's it,
a.

what the fuck are you talking about? youve heard the entire album?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #755 on: September 10, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »

No wonder you have that kind of resentment towards the band.

Maybe you just need to let it go? Ever thought about it?

Could you concentrate for a minute and think about it? Please?

Are you really that ignorant?

I bet you're pretending. I bet this is your idea of fun.

To act like a douche bag because you didn't get lucky in 1992.

Nobody can be that fucking ignorant, that they don't see the difference between stealing the band's music (the band they claim to be fans of), and going against the rules that you love so much. You know, the rules that say you have to go on stage at 9PM sharp so that you can get home before midnight.

And by the fucking way, it's the RIAA who went after the guy. Not the band.

Another case of you needing to get your facts straight.

But who needs facts when you got fiction.....

Who was the one who was talking of professionalism?

Does it bother you now that you found out even those so called professional bands have shows start late and/or run late?

It does, doesn't it?

Instead of just admitting that your whole case of the band being late in Vegas depends on factors out of the band's control, you ignore it and keep trying to make "funny" jokes.

This is exactly what I meant with "you people".

People who try to argue but when they are aware that their whole case is bullshit, the insults and lame jokes start coming.

Just what you've done over and over again.

Your whole act is so lame.

You have nothing to back up your argument with other than "Axl was late in 1992 so I can download his songs".

I'm not that familiar with the law. What law is it?

I'm just assuming that STEALING music is a bit different than BUYING it a day too early from an authorized retailer (not some scummy guy selling pirated cds on the street).

But what do I know right?

You're the guy who's FINALLY getting justice after 16 fucking years of misery!

Priceless. rofl

If anybody needs help, it's you.

Your obsession with your time can't be healthy in the long run. Holding a grudge for 16 years.....

Maybe some relaxation tapes will do the trick....

/jarmo

Hey man, she was really hot and you would carry that with you for a long time too!! no no  Those represent my blue balls from 1992.

Actually, this is kind of fun.  What's really funny is that neither of us are allowing the other to have the last word.  

Should whoever leaked the songs get fined?  Yes, they shouldn't have done it.  Should they get jail time?  Absolutely not.  I know there is a difference between buying early and downloading, I was just yanking your chain a bit.  Plus, I never said that my case wasn't bullshit from the get go.

I think you have the wrong idea about me.  I have no grudge with the band, they've been good for me through the years.  But the leaks represent a very big carrot dangling out there and I was not going to miss a chance to hear them.  The way I look at it is that I am going to buy the album when it is released so me hearing the leaks will not harm the band.

Any recommendations on some good relaxation cds?  Please don't say the GG Dolls.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #756 on: September 10, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »

Should whoever leaked the songs get fined?  Yes, they shouldn't have done it.  Should they get jail time?  Absolutely not.  

Well that's up to the judge I guess.

I think you have the wrong idea about me.  I have no grudge with the band, they've been good for me through the years.  But the leaks represent a very big carrot dangling out there and I was not going to miss a chance to hear them.  The way I look at it is that I am going to buy the album when it is released so me hearing the leaks will not harm the band.

But, once again, can you see that the leaks are wrong and do harm?

Yes/No?

/jarmo

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #757 on: September 10, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »

Just a quick question to gilld1......if your time is so valuable to you, why have you kept this going for two days....go get laid or something.

Axl is God.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #758 on: September 10, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »

I am torn on the amount of harm they do to a band, any band.  If the music is good then I think the harm is minimal.  It can create a buzz and fuel sales.  But if the songs sucked then there could be great damage.

Honestly, these are the first songs I have obtained in this way.  I am old school and still buy cds.  I like having the album booklet to read, the lyrics, etc.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #759 on: September 10, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Just a quick question to gilld1......if your time is so valuable to you, why have you kept this going for two days....go get laid or something.

I am at work and I am pretty sure that there is a no sex at work policy!!  Plus, I am married and we have a little one at home so getting laid is easier said than done, if you know what I mean?

Valid question though.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: