Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:13:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1569755 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9580 on: March 05, 2023, 10:44:44 PM »

This is the first I've heard of a live album - any details? Physical or download?

It's a physical CD.

The details are still a mystery.

https://www.gunsnroses.com/subscribe

/jarmo

Thanks. That might actually get me to subscribe.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9581 on: March 06, 2023, 04:31:13 AM »

Thanks. That might actually get me to subscribe.

No problem. Smiley

I think it's pretty cool. I know some fans have been asking for more live material to be released.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9582 on: March 06, 2023, 10:58:18 AM »

I'd love to see a "Use Your Illusion Tour Collection" on Blu ray with the best shows of that era* like the "recent" Ritz 91

*if management need a slave to watch the thousand of hours of footage to select the best I'm available and my DM are open  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #9583 on: March 06, 2023, 01:56:30 PM »

I wonder if there’ll ever be a new record?  Huh

First of, you need to define "a new record".

Let's say they'd put out a new album next week with Absurd, Hard Skool and other tracks that's been worked on since the reunion happened, would that be "a new record" or would you just use the old "Chinese Democracy leftovers" routine?

/jarmo

Jarmo, now I know that you’re tarring all fans with the same brush. Those who desire and request new music are all serial complainers. That is simply not true. I’m hopeful that you’re familiar with my posts by now. A new record consisting of Hard Skool, Absurd and a few other Chinese era reworked songs would have me dancing for joy - literally

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9584 on: March 06, 2023, 02:16:54 PM »

that's not what he says.
he's talking about the minority of fans who will always find something to complain about, no matter what the band decides to do.

well at least it's what I understand

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9585 on: March 06, 2023, 02:48:27 PM »

Jarmo, now I know that you’re tarring all fans with the same brush. Those who desire and request new music are all serial complainers. That is simply not true. I’m hopeful that you’re familiar with my posts by now. A new record consisting of Hard Skool, Absurd and a few other Chinese era reworked songs would have me dancing for joy - literally

Tarring? What's with the "poor me" mentality? I just asked you a semi serious question in order to have a discussion instead of the endless "I want a new album" posts.  peace

Thanks for your opinion! I think that's the normal opinion of most people. Because I don't think the majority of fans micro analyze everything to find faults in order to appear like they're not nerdy super fans.... Which, if you post about your favorite band on the Internet, you kinda are, by default!

I don't know if there's a plan to put together an album of the songs the band has worked on in recent years, or if they just wanna put out songs. Followed by a new album with songs written after the reunion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9586 on: March 06, 2023, 03:57:12 PM »

I don't know if there's a plan to put together an album of the songs the band has worked on in recent years, or if they just wanna put out songs. Followed by a new album with songs written after the reunion.

/jarmo

is it just me or these are very specific things you don't know about Shocked

I'm not good at reading between lines but...

did you just confirmed it will be leftovers of CD as singles (like Slash was talking about last year) AND THEN a new album written with Slash and Duff?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9587 on: March 06, 2023, 04:13:39 PM »

did you just confirmed it will be leftovers of CD as singles (like Slash was talking about last year) AND THEN a new album written with Slash and Duff?

LOL. I'm confirming what I heard Slash say:

Eddie Trunk: What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans about the future of GN'R? Live shows... I know the Use Your Illusion box set is coming. That thing looks massive. Have you guys been in a room and written songs for anything new down the road? What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans going forward?

Slash: Well, I mean, I wanna go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point. Probably sooner than later. Uhm, but other than that, we have stuff that's still got to come out. So that's gonna be coming out piece meal over the next, uhhh, I don't know, over the next few months or something like that. So that's basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that'll free us up to be able to work on the new record. So... Yeah, I'll keep you posted.

ET: When you say.. When you say you have stuff coming out, you're talking about the Illusions set, or maybe going back and putting out like Absurd...

Slash: No, no.

ET: And stuff like that. More of that sort of stuff

Slash: There's a handful of those songs that we actually fixed up and did when we were in, uhh, lock down. So those have yet to be released. So those are gonna come out. They're really good too. So, I'm excited for those. We're just like gonna put out like one or two songs and then another one or two songs. I think that's pretty much gonna be all of them, I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total.

ET: Yeah well, that's cool. 'Cause I loved hard Skool. I thought Hard Skool was a great track and I know there was a lot of history with that. That was a really great song.

Slash: These other ones aren't, they don't have the same kind of amount of history. 'Cause I know Hard Skool seriously has, goes way back.. But there's a couple epic ones coming out. So I'm excited about that.

The Eddie Trunk Podcast
November 17th, 2022 | 39:50 | E330

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9588 on: March 06, 2023, 04:25:55 PM »

Slash: These other ones aren't, they don't have the same kind of amount of history. 'Cause I know Hard Skool seriously has, goes way back.. But there's a couple epic ones coming out. So I'm excited about that.

Did we establish 100% that Hard Skool dates back to the 90s, or does he mean that the remaining reworked songs are way newer than early-mid 2000s?

I was just thinking, if he lumps HS in with the likes of The General, Atlas and Zodiac... he's sorta saying that the songs they plan to release stems from a later time than those. But HS is probably just way older than the rest of them, mid 90s maybe.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9589 on: March 06, 2023, 07:00:50 PM »

LOL. I'm confirming what I heard Slash say:

Eddie Trunk: What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans about the future of GN'R? Live shows... I know the Use Your Illusion box set is coming. That thing looks massive. Have you guys been in a room and written songs for anything new down the road? What can you tell Guns N' Roses fans going forward?

Slash: Well, I mean, I wanna go in and cut a whole brand new record at some point. Probably sooner than later. Uhm, but other than that, we have stuff that's still got to come out. So that's gonna be coming out piece meal over the next, uhhh, I don't know, over the next few months or something like that. So that's basically it. We have one more tour left to do next summer, and then that'll free us up to be able to work on the new record. So... Yeah, I'll keep you posted.

ET: When you say.. When you say you have stuff coming out, you're talking about the Illusions set, or maybe going back and putting out like Absurd...

Slash: No, no.

ET: And stuff like that. More of that sort of stuff

Slash: There's a handful of those songs that we actually fixed up and did when we were in, uhh, lock down. So those have yet to be released. So those are gonna come out. They're really good too. So, I'm excited for those. We're just like gonna put out like one or two songs and then another one or two songs. I think that's pretty much gonna be all of them, I'm not sure exactly how many we did in total.

ET: Yeah well, that's cool. 'Cause I loved hard Skool. I thought Hard Skool was a great track and I know there was a lot of history with that. That was a really great song.

The Eddie Trunk Podcast
November 17th, 2022 | 39:50 | E330

/jarmo

ahah ok, forgot the part when he talked about a new record after this tour  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9590 on: March 06, 2023, 11:45:24 PM »

So we're probably getting singles from Axl's time without Slash and Duff, beefed up by them, during the tour and when that ends they write a new album?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9591 on: March 07, 2023, 05:40:59 AM »

So we're probably getting singles from Axl's time without Slash and Duff, beefed up by them, during the tour and when that ends they write a new album?

yeah, they already wrote stuff, don't know if it's with Axl, but pretty sure it's Slash/Duff and maybe the other guys.
one question is : will it work? I mean, they didn't rush the thing to say the least, for a reason :

imagine Slash & Duff proposing songs to Axl, and he's not interested...It's not like it never happened in the past.
it would have jeopardized the whole reunion thing, meaning, the successful tour.

one thing is pretty sure we will see the CD leftovers (but when...?)

for a whole new album from this line up...not so easy as it looks

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9592 on: March 07, 2023, 06:19:33 AM »

That all depends on what the goal is.

For the UYI albums, they basically used everyone's songs. Ready or not. And ended up with two full CDs of material.

When they started working after that tour, maybe the intention wasn't to make another similar record and that's why Snakepit happened etc.

Look at the writing credits on Chinese Democracy and tell me it's all Axl's songs. Because it's not.

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9593 on: March 07, 2023, 09:27:51 AM »

yeah that's not what I implied or meant to say, but Axl needs to like the material to work on it with the other guys, writing lyrics, etc.
of course it can be on any member's songs, but it has to be at a certain level of quality to be featured on the album.

I think Snakepit happened because he saw things in 3 or 4 tracks maybe, but also that it needed work, and Duff was agree if I remember correctly.
then Slash was pissed and took back the material because he wanted the songs untouched and recorder "as is."

what I said (or tried to say hihi ) is *maybe* Slash and Duff are kinda reluctant to propose stuff to Axl...

I remember Scott Weiland said at first the guys gave him songs to work on for the first Velvet Revolver LP and it sounded like a bunch of southern rock tracks he wasn't very enthousiast to work with...

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9594 on: March 07, 2023, 09:28:41 AM »

GNR has always been contributions from everybody.  I think Axl gets really into it.  He's creative so there's one little thing that draws him in, gets him fully engaged at the time.  Once he's spent that creative force there, he's ready to move on and doesn't spend a lot of time doing the same thing over again.  I'd be looking to spark him rather than how do we keep the GNR sound we've developed.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9595 on: March 07, 2023, 10:37:13 AM »

what I said (or tried to say hihi ) is *maybe* Slash and Duff are kinda reluctant to propose stuff to Axl...

I doubt it. I think they know each other well enough by now.

The main difference is, as you pointed out, when a finished song is presented and there's nothing to collaborate on.

Take the singles, Absurd and Hard Skool. Duff and Slash put their own personal touches on them. I don't think they were told which notes to play....

/jarmo

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9596 on: March 07, 2023, 06:06:56 PM »

I remember Scott Weiland said at first the guys gave him songs to work on for the first Velvet Revolver LP and it sounded like a bunch of southern rock tracks he wasn't very enthousiast to work with...

I think you're confusing that with Axl's impression of the Snakepit material. The demos they sent out for VR included stuff that made the album, like Set Me Free.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DeN
Legend

« Reply #9597 on: March 08, 2023, 06:35:37 AM »

I think you're confusing that with Axl's impression of the Snakepit material. The demos they sent out for VR included stuff that made the album, like Set Me Free.

complete different story, not the same protagonists, not the same band, not even the same time. yes Set Me Free was written by Matt and I think it's with that single they tried to find a singer with the Hulk contract.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9598 on: March 08, 2023, 08:03:49 AM »

It was in his book:

“They put some songs on a CD that they want you to hear,” Mary said. “They think you’ll like what they’re doing.”

I didn’t. It sounded like Bad Company–styled classic rock. And I never liked Bad Company. But being a nice guy, I said, “There’s some stuff that’s okay, but just send me another disc when you have a few new songs.”

A week or so later, another CD arrived with songs custom-designed for me. The tunes had STP written all over them.”

Excerpt From Not Dead & Not For Sale by Scott Weiland

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

« Reply #9599 on: March 08, 2023, 11:18:38 AM »

It was in his book:

“They put some songs on a CD that they want you to hear,” Mary said. “They think you’ll like what they’re doing.”

I didn’t. It sounded like Bad Company–styled classic rock. And I never liked Bad Company. But being a nice guy, I said, “There’s some stuff that’s okay, but just send me another disc when you have a few new songs.”

A week or so later, another CD arrived with songs custom-designed for me. The tunes had STP written all over them.”

Excerpt From Not Dead & Not For Sale by Scott Weiland

/jarmo

oh you're right, I've read that book! well, these parts at least  hihi

thx Jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: