Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alternative CD Cover found in Store in Germany
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternative CD Cover found in Store in Germany  (Read 26825 times)
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »

I would buy loads of copies of the album if it was re-released... because I would know in my heart that this was the version that Axl wanted, compared to the art that was released. Regardless of the album art though, this album is no doubt the best album ever in my book, so another excuse to purchase CD is very much welcomed.

Has Axl ever said that the current CD cover is not the cover that he wanted?

Regardless, I wouldn't re-buy a cd just because it had a new album cover. It would have to contain unheard or remixed songs for me to consider buying an additional copy.

Once I have an opportunity to pick up the album, I'll buy whichever album cover is available at that time.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »

Im pretty sure we will have it in stores soon

I would love this to be the case, but would the label be interested in a re-release, especially without new tracks??

My gut tells me no Sad

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »

I'm guessing if the other booklet(s) were released there would be substantial royalties to pay the artists, which may mean the band or label could lose money.

But it would be a cool thing for the fans. I'm sure best buy could shift some of it's remaining stock too if they switched the booklets without having to slash the price.

Here today...ready to rock
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »

I would buy loads of copies of the album if it was re-released... because I would know in my heart that this was the version that Axl wanted, compared to the art that was released. Regardless of the album art though, this album is no doubt the best album ever in my book, so another excuse to purchase CD is very much welcomed.

Regardless, I wouldn't re-buy a cd just because it had a new album cover. It would have to contain unheard or remixed songs for me to consider buying an additional copy.

Once I have an opportunity to pick up the album, I'll buy whichever album cover is available at that time.

Not to my knowledge no, but it has been widely known that CD's release was rushed through too quick. And there was various mistakes in the booklet I believe, which would indicate this to be true. So I'm guessing that it's not that far from the truth that Axl and GN'R felt that the release was rushed through with little promotion. So if the CD was to get re-released, one would think it would be a much more "accurate" portrayal of what Axl wanted this CD to look like with all of the album art included...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »

From Axl forum chats:

Fan: Axl was their ever a cover B and cover C for chinese democracy?

Axl: Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2011, 03:35:36 PM »

Here's where the guy who bought them posted originally:

http://www.gunsnrosesforum.de/showthread.php/16382-quot-How-are-you-quot-Grenade-Cover-bei-Media-Markt-gefunden-!/page2

Anyone read German that could give us some more info?  Or at least ask him for better quality scans or at least a pic of the back.  Still skeptical.

Weird.  Now not only is that thread gone but the entire forum is gone!  At least for me.  Anyone else?

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »

It was being updated today but i don't know what happened now.
Doubt it has anything to do with this

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »

From Axl forum chats:

Axl: Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.

Just wanted to say thank you.

So many of us (myself included and extremely guilty) can always remember vaguely when something was said then we paraphrase it extremely loosely then somewhere along the interwebs it becomes fact.

I sincerely and genuinely appreciate when fans like yourself go and dig up the actual, factual answers and repost exactly what was said.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »

From Axl forum chats:

So many of us (myself included and extremely guilty) can always remember vaguely when something was said then we paraphrase it extremely loosely then somewhere along the interwebs it becomes fact.

I sincerely and genuinely appreciate when fans like yourself go and dig up the actual, factual answers and repost exactly what was said.

Me 2..... I knew Axl had said something along those lines, but never knew the exact quote.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »

To bad they couldn't get this, i think it would have fit right in w/  the AFD and UYI covers

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

very cool pink floyd vibe

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »

Im pretty sure we will have it in stores soon

Why?

I?m pretty sure GN?R will be the first band to perform on Jupiter.

Considering your statement has no supporting evidence either how is mine any less valid?

Yours is as valid as mine  Smiley

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »

To bad they couldn't get this, i think it would have fit right in w/  the AFD and UYI covers

That one is fake. Out of the 3 that leaked, this one is the only one that is fake. That was done by someone at Chinesedemocracy.com. Fanmade

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »

That one is fake. Out of the 3 that leaked, this one is the only one that is fake. That was done by someone at Chinesedemocracy.com. Fanmade

Understood... But the artist confirmed GNR approached him to buy it... And yes its fan made with the vision of what it would have looked like... IMO the best option by far
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

It was being updated today but i don't know what happened now.
Doubt it has anything to do with this

Hey thanks for the info, yeah it is working now.  Sweet.  I don't know if you know the person who has these or if you can speak German, but can you ask them to take a pic of the back please?  That would be grand.  Lastly, and not trying to be an asshole here, but have you seen this thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=167678&st=225

Check out the 6th post down.  Don't get me wrong, I really hope it's legit, and thanks for pointing this out to all of us, but what do you make of it all?

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »

here is the original "skeleton"-pic, not in the mood to copy/paste but you can check artwork comparing and information here some more:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=f5413568f2677ef0b8eb835d8d1665a3&showtopic=167678&st=285

Re-Union time, baby!!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »

Not to my knowledge no, but it has been widely known that CD's release was rushed through too quick. And there was various mistakes in the booklet I believe, which would indicate this to be true. So I'm guessing that it's not that far from the truth that Axl and GN'R felt that the release was rushed through with little promotion. So if the CD was to get re-released, one would think it would be a much more "accurate" portrayal of what Axl wanted this CD to look like with all of the album art included...

That really sounds weird, even though its true....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »

A fool throw a stone and a hundred wise men try to find it....
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »

From Axl forum chats:

No problem man.

Wasn't really that much of a dig though... I don't know if everyone have noticed, but the whole Axl forum chats are gathered in one thread as a sticky on this page.  ok Thanks to Jarmo for that!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: