Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alternative CD Cover found in Store in Germany
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternative CD Cover found in Store in Germany  (Read 27070 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 08:23:31 AM »

I don't put a lot of stock into that "GNR News" twitter account.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cineater
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »

Whatever it is, GNR don't want to claim it.  Lets get back to harassing them about new music, not that its worked in the past, but that's where everyone's focus should be.  It's a rock band right?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »

Really? Cool.

Sort of irrelevant though given it?s a GN?R tweet in question. Smiley

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »

Really? Cool.

Sort of irrelevant though given it?s a GN?R tweet in question. Smiley

....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm dumb. Thanks for the heads up. I just went to look at GN'Rs tweets online and saw what you're talking about. I get it now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »

I wonder if the plan all along was to release a re-issue with new cover art ,etc. Or if not, was the artwork we got on CD, a "quick solution" and was the only artwork available at the time of release, even though Axl wanted these?.

I was just thinking, all of these new alternate covers are what I actually imagined the booklet to have looked like before the release.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »

I wonder if the plan all along was to release a re-issue with new cover art ,etc. Or if not, was the artwork we got on CD, a "quick solution" and was the only artwork available at the time of release, even though Axl wanted these?.

I was just thinking, all of these new alternate covers are what I actually imagined the booklet to have looked like before the release.
I think that was "A" plan at one time.  Who knows if the band and record company were ever on the same page on any front though.  It sure doesn't seem like it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »

wow. i'd cut one of my arms for one of them. it looks awesome, much much better than the one we all have!

If you promise to cut your arm off, I will get you one.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 04:08:55 PM »

wow. i'd cut one of my arms for one of them. it looks awesome, much much better than the one we all have!

If you promise to cut your arm off, I will get you one.

I promise.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 07:48:28 PM »

Jarmo, can you confirm if this artwork/booklet is authentic or are just fake?
cheers
jarmo could you clear the air on this?
A lot of people think it's legit/fake?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »

Jarmo, can you confirm if this artwork/booklet is authentic or are just fake?
cheers
jarmo could you clear the air on this?
A lot of people think it's legit/fake?

http://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/104052173926707200
@GunsNRosesNews: Third ?Chinese Democracy? #booklet emerges (part of the trio originally to be released through Best Buy): http://666kb.com/i/bw4e9w0higv5wtx7g.jpg
17 Aug via web

@gunsnroses: @GunsNRosesNews beware - that would be a ripp-off!
18 Aug via web

As far as I know, that's not something official. A bootleg in other words.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:45:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2011, 03:41:05 AM »

i don't want change the subject but i found this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Democracy-Deluxe-Guns-Roses/dp/B001L4MHBE/ref=sr_1_6?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313825748&sr=1-6
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2011, 06:01:48 AM »

That's just the special edition they were selling with the release. much too expensive for some buckle and shit

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »

Hmmm. While I enjoyed reading 'Axl's' little essay on China, I'm sort of glad that it didn't make it into the CD booklet that was released. It would have given people the idea this was a really 'political' album when, as a whole, it really isn't.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

I don't think they're fake or a bootleg at all... too much coincidence... and it certainly doesn't look like a bootleg.

Second of all it's pretty damn a coincidence everyone starting to actually getting this cds in the same period of time.

So here's my opinion... and i'm sure a lot of you will say that's not possible and i'm sure no one will actually think I'm making sense, but here it goes anyways...

I think the people that have been selling this on ebay or say they found it in the store, are actually people that were offered this cd's by the band/camp themselves, and now they're just making a buck or two with it or showing it off on websites, because i believe from what i could gather this covers releases are coming out really really soon!

The band's answer is the typical answer of a band suggesting you to buy the album with the covers when it actually comes out OTHER then buying the album from this other people who are trying to make a quick buck or simply just showing it on the boards.

I know for a fact that there were a couple of guys that got the cds with this covers from the camp, cause they knew a member or certain people in the camp. This actually happened back in 2008.

With CD alternative covers coming out to the stores real soon, they're just trying to show it off or make a quick buck before it's officially released...

That is my 2 cents.

We will all be able to buy them soon in our local stores, just be patient. And they will cost a miserable amount of 15 euros or 12 dollars or so.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:54:54 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

With CD alternative covers coming out to the stores real soon, they're just trying to show it off or make a quick buck before it's officially released...

That is my 2 cents.

We will all be able to buy them soon in our local stores, just be patient. And they will cost a miserable amount of 15 euros or 12 dollars or so.

Hope you're right drool I'll be one of those suckers paying for it  hihi
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »

I would buy loads of copies of the album if it was re-released... because I would know in my heart that this was the version that Axl wanted, compared to the art that was released. Regardless of the album art though, this album is no doubt the best album ever in my book, so another excuse to purchase CD is very much welcomed.

Also I want to add that I work at Birmingham Airport at World Duty Free, and I usually have a few hours spare to start my shift. So every night I listen to CD all the way through, and I can't believe all of the noises and sounds that are hidden under the overall layers. It's definitely worth listening to CD multiple times, because you will be surprised at what you discover!!!!!.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2011, 03:34:37 PM »

I would buy loads of copies of the album if it was re-released... because I would know in my heart that this was the version that Axl wanted, compared to the art that was released. Regardless of the album art though, this album is no doubt the best album ever in my book, so another excuse to purchase CD is very much welcomed.

Also I want to add that I work at Birmingham Airport at World Duty Free, and I usually have a few hours spare to start my shift. So every night I listen to CD all the way through, and I can't believe all of the noises and sounds that are hidden under the overall layers. It's definitely worth listening to CD multiple times, because you will be surprised at what you discover!!!!!.

I agree, playing around with equaliser setting then play CD on the hifi often yields a surprise or two each time I hear CD

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2011, 08:01:30 PM »

Im pretty sure we will have it in stores soon

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2011, 07:19:36 AM »

Why?

I?m pretty sure GN?R will be the first band to perform on Jupiter.

Considering your statement has no supporting evidence either how is mine any less valid?

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2011, 08:04:48 AM »

Why?

I?m pretty sure GN?R will be the first band to perform on Jupiter.

Considering your statement has no supporting evidence either how is mine any less valid?

rofl

Sorry, but that's awesome. I was thinking something similar when I read that post then I scrolled down and saw your reply.

rofl

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: