Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stopping the Greatest Hits album
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stopping the Greatest Hits album  (Read 120486 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2004, 02:54:40 PM »

Good call, along with the other abbreviations such as UYI and AFD, POS is perfect for this album.

This is not a Guns N Roses album, this is a universal/geffen album. Here for only one purpose..... to make money.

However curious I am, I refuse to buy this crappola. Christened now not GH, but POS

$%@#Muther
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2004, 02:56:35 PM »

well, as you can see, the tracklist got something from all the albums. it's just that style record..we have many GH records from bands that are made that way, couple hits from every album and in time order. and Ain't it fun is one hell of a song, hit and I remember that it sold quite well paying regard to the lack of success of TSI
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 02:58:12 PM by John Daniels » Logged
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2004, 03:20:46 PM »

Since when are "Aint It Fun," "Since I Dont Have You," "Civil War," and "Sympathy For The Devil" hits?

All released as singles throughout Europe.  Every single one of them.  All went into the top ten in UK, with the exception of Civil War, which peaked at #11.

Rob.
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2004, 03:25:26 PM »

The new GnR' sucks anyway..Buckethead...really this band is not GnR' without Slash and Dizzy...get a life people..

I'm guessing the original poster is referring to Izzy, rather than Dizzy.  Can't see too many people protesting about Dizzy leaving the band (not that he has) over Izzy, Duff or even Matt, Steven or Gilby.

Izzy and Slash were critical to the band's continuing.  I'd love to see anyone prove this otherwise.  Maybe Axl could if he put out Chinese Democracy and by some miracle it proved to be on a par with AFD and UYI, but somehow... I think this will never happen.

Cheers,

Rob.
tom324
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2004, 05:31:14 PM »

I'm very glad people feel the same way as me about the Greatest Hits. We should definitly protest it. It IS weak, offering what I would say were a poor selection of tracks, and more to the point it is yet again an exercise in pointless nostalgia for the moron masses. It packages GNR neatly in a bracket for Supermarket music buyers, offering them the chance to say 'hey look I've always loved Sweet Child' while in noway aiding the band. All the material is out there already- who are they selling too? If you want any track here seek out the album. All this pointless repackaging does is suceed in making people convinced the band is over, or past their best. I loath the idea of this Greatest Hits. GNR have been so inspiring and enjoyable to me over the years, I hate to see them sold out in such a way, particularly if the band have had no say in the album. Come on Axl. Stop this. We're all awaiting the NEW album and I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say that I believe it will be everything we could want.

cruizerdave
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2004, 05:45:25 PM »

Here is my email:
Dear Mr. Cohen,
I would like to add my voice to those who have spoken against the
release of the GNR greatest hits album. After looking at the set list,
I've come to the conclusion that this album has nothing to offer me. I
own every one of these songs on prior GNR releases. There would be no
reason for me to purchase this album.
The only album GNR fans are really interested in is Chinese Democracy.
We don't know when or if that will ever come to fruition, but releasing
a greatest hits album with the track list I've seen would be a disaster.
I know I wouldn't spend any of my hard earned cash on it and I wager
most other GNR fans are in the same boat.
There is also a rumor that this album doesn't have Axl Rose's approval.
I don't understand how this can be, but GNR fans are typically very
loyal to Mr. Rose. If he doesn't come out and say "this is a good thing
that I approve of," chances are most fans ? including myself ? will not
purchase the album.
Thank you for your time,
Respectfully,
David Anderson
Richfield, Utah
whitegatorz
Opening Act

« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2004, 05:50:47 PM »

no Estranged, how can it be a greatest hits CD, also 4 covers

slashjunior
Opening Act

Anime > U

« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2004, 06:01:12 PM »

Why?

Simple solution: don't buy the album! Record companies do this all the time with artists who never have to conform with the artists first.

I couldn't really care if it didn't pass Axl first who is just an egotistical control freak. It deserves him right for leaving CD so damn long. It is likely he will have one of his little tantrums, stamp his feet and jump up and down, but I don't give a fuck I'll just sit back and laugh at the idiot.

"Say hello to my little friend...

...The 30GB iPod" Cheesy
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2004, 06:05:47 PM »

I couldn't really care if it didn't pass Axl first who is just an egotistical control freak. It deserves him right for leaving CD so damn long. It is likely he will have one of his little tantrums, stamp his feet and jump up and down, but I don't give a fuck I'll just sit back and laugh at the idiot.
He may be egotistical.  He may be a control freak, but he is not an idiot.  Irrational and insecure maybe, but an idiot? No.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2004, 06:07:48 PM »

no Estranged, how can it be a greatest hits CD, also 4 covers

Five brotha.
Mike D
Opening Act

"fo $hizzle"

« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2004, 07:24:58 AM »

owww crap!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001KIESE/ref

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=275873

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=275918
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 07:28:48 AM by Axl_X » Logged

"My CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer"
kockstar99
« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2004, 07:52:31 AM »

but Ill still buy it just so i have a copy....to keep my collection up to date....but fuck id like to wipe my ass with this CD...I wonder what the Liner Notes will say.....

This bullshit is unbelievable.

I wonder how many of you are saying you don't want this Greatest Hits CD because you will be FORCED to buy it to "keep your collection up to date"??  Grow some balls and don't give the record company your money for a CD which has songs you already own.

Fuck, comments like that almost make me want this CD to come out just to distance me from people that think like that ^.

i want to buy it coz i own all the GnR cd's and bootlegs i can get... i want to read the liner notes and see what its all about...  I have balls dude..

and if you are grasping to the release of a CD "to distance yourself"  from someone on the internet you never met your more of a douche bag than your post lets on.... you really ought to get out more...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2004, 08:07:52 AM »

STOP THE NAME CALLING RIGHT NOW.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2004, 08:23:35 AM »

Please keep the peace people, and stay on topic

Oneway --> In response to your query, there are no hard and fast answers to anything at the moment....but one thing to possibly think about is that management tried to stop the recent DVD's and failed, and there has been no repercussions fromt that to date, so while on the one hand it is an annoyance that Universal are pursuing this Greatest Hits nonsense, I don't think there is any need to assume gnr's world is going to end tomorrow because of it. Just because the ground shakes sometimes, doesn't mean the world has to stop spinning
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2004, 08:29:02 AM »

We got a mention on my local rock station (106.9 WCCC) last night during the music minute (HTGTH got one too).  I sent the links to the story to one of the jocks I talk to regularly, and last night one of the other jocks talked about GH, the protest, and Axl possibly suing.  Not sure that I had anything to do with that, since it looks like the story is making the rounds of the major music media outlets....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2004, 09:07:05 AM »

Mysteron....sometimes in the world of GNR the ground shakes, causing the world to spin off it Ax(is)L and derail itself... hihi thanks for the prompt response...I'm voluntarily choosing to be deceived into maintaining my faith....

cheers
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2004, 10:12:49 AM »

I'm a cynic. I feel that they know we are waiting for the new album. They are just toying with us, thinking we'll buy ANYTHING! Throw a dog a bone he'll bite, they just want our fuckin money. I'm not buying it. I already, like all of you, have all these songs already. BUT I will buy it ONLY AFTER Chinese Democracy comes out. I'm behind Axl, if he wants to sue them, be my guest.  peace

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2004, 10:16:37 AM »

Now there's an idea. Protest against the greatest hits by not buying it. We already have all the songs and the label just wanna make money outta us.

If you want to protest it but really want to own all official releases, buy it after CD comes out.

@#$%Muther
Death Cube K
« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2004, 11:55:28 AM »

Just had a scary thought though.

The "insiders" told us to keep our eyes open during the next weeks.

And what appeared? A Greatest Hits CD.

Maybe they just took the "signals" wrong and this is seriously what was in their plans.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

Now there's an idea. Protest against the greatest hits by not buying it. We already have all the songs and the label just wanna make money outta us.

If you want to protest it but really want to own all official releases, buy it after CD comes out.

@#$%Muther

FORGET bout "US" !
WE already have all the albums, so WE will buy this shit just becouse of the ART inside... but they are thinking in the people who knows just the gnr hits, and THAT?S NOT US!!
so, a lot of people will buy it, of course... not US , get it?  peace

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: