Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:26:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lieberberg: GNR are considered to be at RIP/RAR 04
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lieberberg: GNR are considered to be at RIP/RAR 04  (Read 5792 times)
rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« on: March 02, 2004, 03:25:51 PM »

marek lieberberg was recently interviewed by a german rock am ring-fan site (it was my question which was handed over to marek lieberberg, the concert-manager):

this is what the german-fan site asked:

"Die Ger?chte um einen Auftritt von Guns N Roses bei Rock im Park/Rock am Ring vermehren sich im Internet von Tag zu Tag. Vor allem ein Ger?cht, dass Herr Lieberberg bereits mit GNR verhandelt. Entspricht es der Wahrheit, ist die Band schon fixiert, bzw. welchen Status haben die Verhandlungen"

in english: gnr are rumoured to be at rock am ring/rock im park, is there any truth behind that!?

this is what marek answered:

"Wir verhandeln in der Tat seit geraumer Zeit mit GNR, wobei wir uns ?ber die besondere Problematik bewusst sind. Die Fans sollten sich auch dar?ber im Klaren sein, dass immer ein Fragezeichen ?ber den Auftritten dieser Gruppe schwebt. Solange man sich keine Illusionen hier?ber macht, kann man eine Beteiligung von GNR anvisieren, aber fixiert ist derzeit noch ?berhaupt nichts. Ein Auftritt von GNR w?re aus meiner Sicht eine Art freiwilliger Bonus, der kommt oder nicht kommt."

in english: we are in negotiations with GNR for a long time now, and we know that GNR aren?t very easy for us  to handle(because of no-shows,...) but it is a strong possibility that they are gonna be at rock am ring/rock im park.... you have to see this band as a bonus, which comes or doesn?t come....

beer

source: http://www.rar-fan-project.com/rar04_lieberberg.html
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 03:28:50 PM by rockTHEworld » Logged
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 03:52:03 PM »

you have to see this band as a bonus, which comes or doesn?t come....

Grin Never a truer word spoken  beer

Could be interesting.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 04:20:30 PM »

marek lieberberg was recently interviewed by a german rock am ring-fan site (it was my question which was handed over to marek lieberberg, the concert-manager):

this is what the german-fan site asked:

"Die Ger?chte um einen Auftritt von Guns N Roses bei Rock im Park/Rock am Ring vermehren sich im Internet von Tag zu Tag. Vor allem ein Ger?cht, dass Herr Lieberberg bereits mit GNR verhandelt. Entspricht es der Wahrheit, ist die Band schon fixiert, bzw. welchen Status haben die Verhandlungen"

in english: gnr are rumoured to be at rock am ring/rock im park, is there any truth behind that!?

this is what marek answered:

"Wir verhandeln in der Tat seit geraumer Zeit mit GNR, wobei wir uns ?ber die besondere Problematik bewusst sind. Die Fans sollten sich auch dar?ber im Klaren sein, dass immer ein Fragezeichen ?ber den Auftritten dieser Gruppe schwebt. Solange man sich keine Illusionen hier?ber macht, kann man eine Beteiligung von GNR anvisieren, aber fixiert ist derzeit noch ?berhaupt nichts. Ein Auftritt von GNR w?re aus meiner Sicht eine Art freiwilliger Bonus, der kommt oder nicht kommt."

in english: we are in negotiations with GNR for a long time now, and we know that GNR aren?t very easy for us  to handle(because of no-shows,...) but it is a strong possibility that they are gonna be at rock am ring/rock im park.... you have to see this band as a bonus, which comes or doesn?t come....

beer

source: http://www.rar-fan-project.com/rar04_lieberberg.html

That's how to sound positive and negative at the same time  hihi
kockstar99
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

at least it shows they are talking to other festivals about possible dates.... We have not heard the last of this band..... They will be at RiR4.... peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 07:57:39 PM »

When does tickets go on sale for RAR/RIP? Maybe he's just trying to get GN'R fans to buy tickets in hopes that GN'R will appear there....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 10:42:41 AM »

I'll try to make it clear once more: this is a RUMOR, not a fact. But here we go:

A major unofficial Rock am Ring website: www.ringrocker.com is suggesting that GN'R could be the last headliner for the festival on friday.

Guns N' Roses Headliner am Freitag?

Die Ger?chte verdichten sich, dass Guns N' Roses der dritte Headliner f?r Rock am Ring und Rock im Park werden.

Zu diesem Thema gibt es nun ein Statement von Marek Lieberberg: "Wir verhandeln in der Tat seit geraumer Zeit mit GNR, wobei wir uns ?ber die besondere Problematik bewusst sind. Die Fans sollten sich auch dar?ber im Klaren sein, dass immer ein Fragezeichen ?ber den Auftritten dieser Gruppe schwebt. Solange man sich keine Illusionen hier?ber macht, kann man eine Beteiligung von GNR anvisieren, aber fixiert ist derzeit noch ?berhaupt nichts. Ein Auftritt von GNR w?re aus meiner Sicht eine Art freiwilliger Bonus, der kommt oder nicht kommt."

Weiterhin gibt es Spekulationen dar?ber, dass Evanescene, die ja auch schon seit einiger Zeit in unserer Ger?chtek?che verweilen, die Band auf der Tour supporten soll.

Nichts genaues weiss man also mal wieder nicht. Sobald sich das ?ndern sollte, werden wir euch wie gewohnt hier dar?ber informieren.

Ok, my german isn't that good, but I can read it. Any german members around to translate this?

http://www.gunsnroses-forum.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3327

http://www.golala.com/forums/index.php?mforum=Gnrforum&showtopic=3
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 10:51:08 AM »

highly dought it axl wouldnt play rock am ring without anyone knowing especially before rock in rio 4

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 11:44:10 AM »

Malcolm, as I understand it, the festival is in June.  The poster is referring to the fact that GNR would headline on a Friday of the festival, not this coming Friday  hihi
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 07:11:24 PM »

There's a long time rumor that GN'R will play @ rock im par festival in nuernberg.
Now the organisator ( Marek Lieberberg) has done an interview with a rock im park fan site.

One question was:
There are some rumors that you are in contact with GN'R 's management to get the band play at rock im park. Is there any truth to it and if so how far did you get till now?

Marek Lieberberg answers:
Yes it's true. We are in contact with GN'R's Management, but we know about the problems with that band. The Fans should realize, that there will always be a question mark behind GN'R. If you don't have any illusions you can look forward to see GN'R but there's NOTHING FIXED yet. In my (Marek Lieberberg's)opinion, GN'R would be a kind of bonus, if they will play at rock im park remains to be seen.

beer

I think there's a real chance that GN'R will play there.
It's also interesting to see that there is no headliner annouced for saturday (June 5th). Usually the headliners are fix in december-january.

Here's the interview:
http://www.parkrocker.net/viewtopic.php?t=3031&sid=c515dbeed2098ad331ea9e2aed41a6d7
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »

thats great to hear...
there wouldn't be any talks if GN'R weren't planning on touring
which it seems more and more apparent that they are
very cool  ok

what disturbs me about the spokesman statement was "but we know about the problems with that band."

is he referring to the current legal issues?

or what?

Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 07:53:54 PM »

is he referring to the current legal issues?

or what?

No, I think he's referring to GN'R's no-show in 2001 (If you remember back in 2001 where also announced to play at rock im park)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 08:51:46 PM »

ah...  i see
i was thinking about the current 'problems'
but what you say makes more sense.  ok

i would hope that GN'Rs current issues aren't common knowledge  Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: