Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Street Team/Gnr status update
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Street Team/Gnr status update  (Read 35897 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« on: March 04, 2004, 02:44:15 PM »

Official update is ; Guns n'roses are still together and will be touring from late May

I will further add that Sanctuary are waiting on the outcome of their action against the Greatest Hits album before deciding on what to do with Chinese Democracy

Please do not ask me any further questions as there is no further information at present

As usual, relevant items will be forwarded to Jarmo
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 02:48:33 PM »

"I will further add that Sanctuary are waiting on the outcome of their action against the Greatest Hits album before deciding on what to do with Chinese Democracy"

Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap.

That's exactly what I was afraid was going to happen.

&*$#%@  Interscope/Geffen.  Greedy SOB's.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 02:49:32 PM »

geeez
so sanctuary are deciding of the faith of CD ?
were they the ones holding cd that long ?
why do they have to see what going on with GH ?
can't just release the CD, looks like everything is "marketing , money, money ..."

yeah well
at least the touring news is a good news

thx myst.

Siliconmessiah
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 02:54:20 PM »

..................................................... confused
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 02:55:17 PM »

So GNR/Sanctuary are still trying to stop the GH??

Yes
madagas
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 02:57:07 PM »

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Chinese on the way.....this thing isn't coming out ANYTIME """"""SOOOOOOOON"""""""""""" Embarrassed
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 02:58:12 PM »

Well, if they are going to do something about the GH, they had better do it quick since the release date is pretty soon.  Now i kinda just want GH to come out because that looks like the only thing that delaying Chinese Democracy.  I bet we will get it around May.  Well, hopefully....
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 02:58:32 PM »

damn this circus...if gnr/sanctuary takes on the legal actions, it will be long lasting battle, and that means we will not hear anytime soon from chinese democracy.
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 02:59:23 PM »

That must mean CD is done.  Cool info mysteron thanks for the post.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 03:02:35 PM »

I can't see how they (GN'R & Sanctuary) can stop the GH at this point (unless they prove some legal reasons for a 'cease and desist'). The GH package will be shipped to record store in the next week and a half. You mean to tell me that "they" think Universal Music is suddenly going to swallow the cost of all the pressing, packaging and promotion done for the GH so far?

Sounds like a losing battle to me. Axl & Co...don't stray from your primary focus here. Release Chinese Democracy...ASAP!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 03:02:45 PM »

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Chinese on the way.....this thing isn't coming out ANYTIME """"""SOOOOOOOON"""""""""""" Embarrassed

This is only my -opinion-, but it's going to become clear in the next two weeks or so (release date, 13th March) as to whether or not  the Greatest Hits album is going to be released, and it would be stupid to pursue the action after the album has been released, so I would guess it is safe to assume that 'decisions' will be made in the not too distant future. Is that logical? And the fact that they are pushing on with the tour must be a good thing too, no?
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 03:03:26 PM »

I dont understand why Geffen would not want to put out CD instead of Greatest hits.  It makes no sense!  If they feel greatest hits is more marketable then CD they are dancing with Mr. Brownstone
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 03:04:08 PM »

well, this is good news. Many artists are selling tickets for May/June concert dates and usually summer festival shows go on sale very early as well.  
I assume GnR will be hitting european festivals through the first couple months of summer. These festivals already have their own built-in promotional campaign in progress, so GnR doesn't have the burden of promoting the show and having their CD out in time.  However, if they have any notions of headline their own tour in the US, or other parts of the world, they must realize that they HAVE to have the new CD out to make it any kind of success. Somehow, cooler heads will prevail and the CD will get out.
Let's hope so, at least.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2004, 03:06:52 PM »

I can't see how they (GN'R & Sanctuary) can stop the GH at this point (unless they prove some legal reasons for a 'cease and desist'). The GH package will be shipped to record store in the next week and a half. You mean to tell me that "they" think Universal Music is suddenly going to swallow the cost of all the pressing, packaging and promotion done for the GH so far?

Sounds like a losing battle to me. Axl & Co...don't stray from your primary focus here. Release Chinese Democracy...ASAP!

I agree.  Stopping CD would mean some sort of legal injuction (issued by a judge).  The only reason I can think of, off the top of my head, that an injuction would be issued is if GnR/Sanctuary provided compelling evidence that GH breeched their contract with Interscope/Geffen.  That would get the injunction issued, stop GH, and allow GnR/Sanctuary an opportunity to argue their case in court, holding up GH until, at least, the case was settled/decided.

Extended legal battles with your label, IMHO, are never a good sign about forthcoming material.... I'm hoping this will be the exception.

Smiley

Together again,
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 03:09:31 PM »

[quote
This is only my -opinion-, but it's going to become clear in the next two weeks or so (release date, 13th March) as to whether or not  the Greatest Hits album is going to be released
Print ads have already released for the week of GnRs greatest hits release, meaning if the GH got pulled now, the label would be on the hook for hundreds of thouasands of dollars in correction notices and/or reprinting costs. All of the main music retailers in the U.S. are going to have it in their Sunday AD on March 21st. The label is aware of the deadlines to pull it, and didn't.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2004, 03:10:26 PM »

I dont understand why Geffen would not want to put out CD instead of Greatest hits.  It makes no sense!  If they feel greatest hits is more marketable then CD they are dancing with Mr. Brownstone

IMHO, the issue is they want both.  They want to have their cake and eat it too.  They want the revenue from GH, and the new material.

Together again,
rockTHEworld
Headliner

gnfr rockin the world again....soon....

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 03:10:59 PM »

thank you for the update Mysteron!!!

i hope they manage it to stop the release of GH.

... but if not, i wonder how long it will delay Chinese Democracy!?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 03:14:42 PM by rockTHEworld » Logged
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

Mysteron I know you said no questions but this question has nothing to do with what you posted.  Do you know how many albums GNR owes Geffen and if it is one will GH count as it?

Thanks
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 03:12:29 PM »

I don't think it's an issue of GH Vs CD, although I could be wrong. I think it's the label wanting more bang for their buck...and the GH to gain interest for CD. I imagine Axl wants no reminder whatsoever of the old band, and just wants all the attention on the new stuff, that's why he's pissed the Greatest Hits is being released.
Guns N Roses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 03:14:47 PM »

IMHO, the issue is they want both.  They want to have their cake and eat it too.  They want the revenue from GH, and the new material.

Yeah I dont see why they just dont release both at the same time and promote both at once to save a little money
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: