Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash talking ?bout Axl again...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talking ?bout Axl again...  (Read 21016 times)
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

:-)

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

Slash spends a lot of time talking about how he wouldn't get back with Axl - if that was the case why does he keep bringing it up?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Because he keeps getting asked about it.

I think Slash shouldn?t answer those Questions anymore. He should concentrate on VR.

:-)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2004, 06:02:47 PM »

I think Slash shouldn?t answer those Questions anymore. He should concentrate on VR.

Exactly. He should oppose a "no comment" to that kind of questions. It's for his own benefit too. If I were him, I'd be really frustrated to be asked those questions over and over. I would feel like interviewers don't care about my new project and only want to hear about GN'R. That's one more reason to stop answering, IMHO.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2004, 06:22:05 PM »

Exactly. He should oppose a "no comment" to that kind of questions. It's for his own benefit too. If I were him, I'd be really frustrated to be asked those questions over and over. I would feel like interviewers don't care about my new project and only want to hear about GN'R. That's one more reason to stop answering, IMHO.

Judging from the amount of information given about VR, I dont think thats a problem.  In most of his major recent interviews (Guitar World, etc.), 90% of the interview is about VR.  So being forthcoming and honest about another important aspect of his career isnt that big of a deal.  Only those highly fixated with Axl, like many on this board are, would take offense or pay the comments more attention than they deserve.

Its kind of you guys to ignore that almost all of Axls few interviews over the past 5 years (including press releases and rants) discuss (and criticize) Slash and the old band at length.  At least  be fair with your "taking offense" to such "insults".
Dizzy
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2004, 09:18:06 PM »

Adler might have been fired in July, but he wasnt replaced immediately...Then again, Im not exactly a date buff, so correct me if Im wrong.

You're right, Sorum didn't come in immediately.  However, the article leads one to believe that Adler was fired and replaced by Sorum immediately in September 1990.

And does anybody else suspect most of these quotes are old?  

Even if they aren't old, it's obvious people are asking Slash to answer the same damn questions over and over again.

Its kind of you guys to ignore that almost all of Axls few interviews over the past 5 years (including press releases and rants) discuss (and criticize) Slash and the old band at length.  At least  be fair with your "taking offense" to such "insults".

I concur.  And as far as Slash answering those questions goes, maybe he's too nice of a guy to say "FUCK OFF!" to someone who asks him a question about Axl.  Because it's a given that everybody in the free world is going to be asking him about Axl and GNR.  So Slash would establish quite a cantankerous reputation for himself if he replied rudely to everyone who asked him questions about that issue.

But as Booker said, 90% of the interviews are about VR now, and if he's asked to comment on Axl, he does so, and to boot, he's always careful about what he says.  I don't see anything wrong with that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 09:23:51 PM by Dizzy » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2004, 10:11:21 PM »

Why is it when slash talks like this its him telling his side of the story but when axl tells his side its axl talking shit?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2004, 10:48:56 PM »

Why is it when slash talks like this its him telling his side of the story but when axl tells his side its axl talking shit?

Speculating here, but in most cases, Slash comes off much less bitter and abrasive than Axl.  He seems to be a more sympathetic figure in the entire situation (whether he's sincere or not, who knows).

There is no doubt two sides to every story, and I'm sure plenty of ill will, blame et al to go around in this sordid tale.  

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2004, 12:27:23 AM »

Its kind of you guys to ignore that almost all of Axls few interviews over the past 5 years (including press releases and rants) discuss (and criticize) Slash and the old band at length.
You never fail booker....
Axl has rarely spoken in an official interview. The press release is basically the most recent and official type of interview. In that interview he said his side of the story. In case you havnt noticed there was a lot more discussed in that release than just slash and the old band. And it wasnt liek Axl bashed them. He said his side of the story for the 1st time. He also complimented slash. WHther he comes across a certain way, well maybe he is. Maybe he is hurt. Maybe he is bitter. Maybe he could give two fucks about them. The point is hes allowed to discuss the issue and his side, especially being its the first time we have heard directly from him about the topic.

During the past tour he had a few "rants" about the old lineup. He is telling his side of the story. The old members have told their side countless times. I am always hearing slash talk about Axls musical direction and ideas, but when Axl talks about Slash's ideas its bashing. When Slash says "oh i rather just do straight rock rather than stuff like nr" thats ok but when Axl says slash never wanted to push the envelope and do stuff liek estranged etc than thats bashing. ANd Axl has said countless times how slash was great at it but just lazy. Point is he is telling his
side of the story. Whether you believe him or not is tough shit. They are both right and they are both wrong. But the funny thing is they have all moved on except their fans.
Axl has only recently talked about it. Whenevr Axl says something people jump on him. And thats fine. Hes the villian. ANd thats unfortunate only because he has only recently decided to discuss it. Slash and the old lguys will always be the angels. They get all the brownie points and thats fine. They are great guys. But so is Axl. Its ashame to see people like you jump on him every chance you get.

He hasnt said shit for years. Axl has kept to himself for well over a decade until recently. And even recently we dont know much. As he has said the past 10 years will be told thru the music.
Axl hasnt gone out of his way to get the story out there. Its not important right now.

Speculating here, but in most cases, Slash comes off much less bitter and abrasive than Axl.  He seems to be a more sympathetic figure in the entire situation (whether he's sincere or not, who knows).

There is no doubt two sides to every story, and I'm sure plenty of ill will, blame et al to go around in this sordid tale.  
Completely agree. Axl comes across as a dick or some crazy guy because he doesnt talk about it over the years. People dont know where hes coming from. But when he finally talks about he he gets jumped on. Like i said they are both right and they are both wrong. They had musical differences. The reason slash is more liked is because he hasnt been in hiding for the past 10 years. He has remeained in the spotlight. Axl hasnt by choice. And as a result peopel think he is the villian.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2004, 12:38:11 AM »

"Basically I was interested in making a Slash record with some contributions from everybody else. There?d still be some chemistry and some synergy happening and whatever dynamics anyone else could bring in to the project. It seemed to me that anytime we got close to something that would work, it wasn?t out of opinion that Slash would go ?hey it doesn?t work?, but it was nixed simply because it did work. In other words, ?Whoa, wait a minute. That actually might be successful, we can?t do that.? People like to call me paranoid. It has nothing to do with paranoia; it was to do with reality. If the material were strong enough for me to sink my teeth in then I would still be in a certain public position in regards to Guns, we?d have possibly still held a certain popularity with the public as I have previously been fortunate enough to have had."
Now people can say ?Well Axl, you?re after control of the band too.? You?re damn skippy. That?s right. I am the one held responsible since day one. When it comes to Guns n? Roses, I may not always get everything right but I do have a good idea about getting things from point A to point B and knowing what the job is that we have to do. Within those parameters, I give everyone as much freedom to do what they want something Slash has verified in several interviews. Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash?s ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks"
That part of the interview he is strictly talking about the music. His side of the story. FOR THE FIRST TIME. Where is he bashing. Where the fuck is he bashing slash?

The albany rant he was saying how the old band never liked doing slower type songs. Its no different than when slash has mentioned a zillion times how Axl is obsessed with pushing the envelope rather than just "jamming".

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2004, 01:08:53 AM »

You never fail booker....

To bring some sense to these topics?  No, I never fail.

Axl has rarely spoken in an official interview.

And Ive noted that theres been few.  Check those interviews - in MTV, Kerrang, Spin, or Rolling Stone.  And the most in-depth portion of the press release: Slash.  Most of the stuff in there is either no different, or more negative than what Slash has said in interviews.  

The press release is basically the most recent and official type of interview. In that interview he said his side of the story. In case you havnt noticed there was a lot more discussed in that release than just slash and the old band.

The same can be said for nearly any Slash interview.  Nobody said Slash was all that Axl talked about, onlt that his words have been no better than Slashs, which are currently being discussed and referred to as "dissing" or whatever ("Bashing" seems to be this sites buzzword).

And it wasnt liek Axl bashed them.

Naaa, not at all.  

When he said "Slash is in my ass" and "They can suck my fuckin dick," he was only telling his side of the story.

He said his side of the story for the 1st time. He also complimented slash. WHther he comes across a certain way, well maybe he is. Maybe he is hurt. Maybe he is bitter.

Lets go with bitter...

Maybe he could give two fucks about them.

Not likely...

The point is hes allowed to discuss the issue and his side, especially being its the first time we have heard directly from him about the topic.

confused

Who said he wasnt?

During the past tour he had a few "rants" about the old lineup. He is telling his side of the story.

Roll Eyes

"Suck my fuckin dick"?

The old members have told their side countless times. I am always hearing slash talk about Axls musical direction and ideas, but when Axl talks about Slash's ideas its bashing.

I dont think anybody said that....

When Slash says "oh i rather just do straight rock rather than stuff like nr" thats ok but when Axl says slash never wanted to push the envelope and do stuff liek estranged etc than thats bashing.

Again, who said that?

People might have their opinion on whos right and wrong, but nobody with an ounce of sense would call that bashing...Your using imaginary examples it seems like.

ANd Axl has said countless times how slash was great at it but just lazy.

Yeah, so lazy that hes done three full albums, a million collaborations and more than a few tours...not to mention tons of public appearences Roll Eyes

Thats nothing compared to Axls...uh...one soundtrack song and aborted/mini-tours and assorted shows.

Point is he is telling his
side of the story. Whether you believe him or not is tough shit. They are both right and they are both wrong. But the funny thing is they have all moved on except their fans.

How havent we moved on?  Because were discussing it?  Hmm...kinda like how they discuss it?  Im right there with Slash & Co. with Velvet Revolver, I cant wait.  And Id love to "move along" with Axl & Co. but... Undecided  And take a guess why tats not happening.

Axl has only recently talked about it.

Hes been telling his side of the story for about 5 years  now.  I understand how thats "recent" in GNR terms, but come on...

Whenevr Axl says something people jump on him.

And people dont jump on Slash?

And thats fine. Hes the villian. ANd thats unfortunate only because he has only recently decided to discuss it. Slash and the old lguys will always be the angels. They get all the brownie points and thats fine. They are great guys. But so is Axl. Its ashame to see people like you jump on him every chance you get.

I dont "jump on him" as much as you think..but when hes kicking people out for yelling something about Slash or telling the guys who helped make GNR what it is to "suck his fuckin dick" he certainly helps in writing his role as the villian.

You take note of the fact that nearly everyone thats ever had a relationship with Rose is now estranged from him, while they all get along with each other, and things start to add up and make sense.

He hasnt said shit for years. Axl has kept to himself for well over a decade until recently.

What?  Hes been doing interviews since '99 - 3 years after Slash left.  Nice try though.

And even recently we dont know much. As he has said the past 10 years will be told thru the music.
Axl hasnt gone out of his way to get the story out there. Its not important right now.

He had a "10,000 word essay" prepared for Rolling Stone preapared, inexplicably backing out.  But I assume much of it was used for the 2002 press release.  If that doesnt "tell the story" I dont know what would.

Completely agree. Axl comes across as a dick or some crazy guy because he doesnt talk about it over the years.

No, its because hes frequently acted like a dick or a crazy guy.

The reason slash is more liked is because he hasnt been in hiding for the past 10 years. He has remeained in the spotlight. Axl hasnt by choice. And as a result peopel think he is the villian.

Yeah, thats exactly it  Roll Eyes  You cant really believe that. no
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 01:12:20 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2004, 01:28:47 AM »

that was better than goofy mike monroe

i respect slash he seemed to be honest and just told his feelings, nothing wrong with that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SlashFan
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2004, 02:12:07 AM »

I didn't see any 'shit talking'.Anyways it also said Matt was an original band member which isn't true,as we all know ok
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2004, 04:30:12 AM »

Slash didn't say any shit about Axl here... and these are some old quotes! I really don't think Slash wants to talk about Axl, because he gives 100% to VR!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2004, 06:01:56 AM »

Well obviously the reason slash is talking about axl is yet again in an interview they bring up old shit over and over again, from which we have heard the same response 50 times.

Every time i want to see somethin on velvet revolver 25% of the interview is the interviewer asking slash the same shit, u'd think they would have known the answer back in 1999 Roll Eyes

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2004, 06:38:08 AM »

I think Slash and Axl, Axl and Slash just need to TALK.
please talk, an then let's reform one of the greatest Rock n' Roll band of all time: the REAL Guns n' Roses!

I don't know anymore. It would've been cool a while back but I don't want GNr to become like the Eagles when they reunited. Also, a reunion would only be possible if both projects ( new GNr nd VR) fail to succeed.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2004, 09:20:43 AM »

i wonder if we really get to know what is the truth.
what really happened?Sure everybody is to blame but it is such a creepy situation,very sad

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2004, 11:08:36 AM »

And Ive noted that theres been few.  Check those interviews - in MTV, Kerrang, Spin, or Rolling Stone.  And the most in-depth portion of the press release: Slash.  Most of the stuff in there is either no different, or more negative than what Slash has said in interviews.  

Did I miss something?

1999: November 8th - Axl Rose - A conversation with Kurt Loder
MTV US November 8th 1999

2000: January - Axl Speaks
Rolling Stone, January 2000

2002: August 14th - GN'R press release with Axl interview
gnronline.com

Those are the only interviews I can think of where the topic of Slash has been brought up.....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2004, 11:27:56 AM »

The same can be said for nearly any Slash interview.  Nobody said Slash was all that Axl talked about, onlt that his words have been no better than Slashs, which are currently being discussed and referred to as "dissing" or whatever ("Bashing" seems to be this sites buzzword).
I never said slash has bashed axl. WHat slash says isnt bashing. He is saying his side. People who say otherwise are idiots. But you are the one hwo brought up how axl bashes slash not me.
When he said "Slash is in my ass" and "They can suck my fuckin dick," he was only telling his side of the story.
I was talking about the press release. As for the rants. SO what he says slash could suck his dick. How is that bashing his music? He thinks slash lies so as a result he is angry with slash. Is slash lieing? I have no clue. Is axl lieing? No idea. But when each talk about the band issues they dont bash each other.
Not likely...
Actaully very liekly because he has been adament baout there being no reunion. WHereas slash has left it open for debate. So that tells me he could give two shits about slash etc.
I dont think anybody said that....
Then why say axl was bashing slash in that press release?
Yeah, so lazy that hes done three full albums, a million collaborations and more than a few tours...not to mention tons of public appearences

Thats nothing compared to Axls...uh...one soundtrack song and aborted/mini-tours and assorted shows.
Its all average work. Its nothing to get excited over from the once greatest guitarist in the world. Im talking about being lazy in gnr. I could careless what slash did outside of gnr. Axls says slash didnt ant to push the envelope. Slash says Axl wanted to do too much. There is no right or wrong. Its musical differences and philosophies.
 SLash has been doing average work all of these years. Maybe vr will be good, i hope it is. they got talent. But gnr have 3 albums worth of material. WHat if its great? Then what? If it flops then you win every argument we have had. But that cannot be answered till the albums are released. You can say how its become a joke, and it has but what wipes all of that out is great music. SO if great music is there then all the complaints and whiners have nothing to stand on.
What?  Hes been doing interviews since '99 - 3 years after Slash left.  Nice try though.
AGain in those interviews he briefly mentioned it when asked. How come its ok for slash to mention gnr becuase hes always being asked but when axl is asked questions about it you people say he cant let the subject go.
Hes been telling his side of the story for about 5 years  now.  I understand how thats "recent" in GNR terms, but come on...
Except for the press release he never went in depth about it. Again how come its ok for slash to say his side of the story all of these years but when axl does it he cant let go of the topic?
but when hes kicking people out for yelling something about Slash or telling the guys who helped make GNR what it is to "suck his fuckin dick" he certainly helps in writing his role as the villian.

You take note of the fact that nearly everyone thats ever had a relationship with Rose is now estranged from him, while they all get along with each other, and things start to add up and make sense.
Your right he should say all that stuff. But again he isnt bashing their talents. He isnt saying those things when discussing the old lineup. He says those because he thinks they have lied thats why hes mad.

Take note that Axl has distanced himself from people involved with the old lineup. Take note that since 94 every dam interview i read says he is a nice guy. He is a great friend. He is a loyal friend. He does stuff for kids etc. Is he a dick or spoiled brat? absolutely. but their is a whole other side that the public doesnt see because he has kept himself quiet for 10 years. As a result, theres a price to pay with staying in hiding. That price is people dont know how you have changed since you left the scene. He could give two shits about publicity and being in the spotlight. Gnr have been working night and day since 98 on making music. Taking there shits. SOme of those shots well desereved. And the way things have unraveled it has become a joke. But again, when the music is released, its a whole new ballgame.
No, its because hes frequently acted like a dick or a crazy guy.
Frequently? In the past 10 years he has been barely seen. What you are referring to is the speculation and myth that axl has. Im not syaing axl is an angel. he def isnt. Aside from the 99 arrest and the vancuver show when has axls behavior been crazy or obscene?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2004, 11:30:34 AM »

i think axl is bitter; being someone who is very self conscious, I think the departure of the old guys hurt him a great deal. He had a vision and felt that the old guys weren't seeing it his way. alot of very smart people often times cannot work with others because their vision is so grand, the people around them cannot appreciate what they are trying to do. i think this was the case here; axl wanted to move forward without compromising with each step along the way. The betrayl the redhead feels stems from the complete and total abandonment he feels now.

As for the flame war between slash and axl, I think it goes both ways. I don't really want to read anymore axl is a bastard threads when the redhead talks about the old band as well as those that put slash up there on the crucifix when he talks of the past. There was a point in this whole process where slash and Co. made a conscious decision to walk out. They must stand with that decision and stop making it look like they were forced out. The whole rights signing away story is not factually complete because any attorney worth his/her salt could litigate a return of slash's share in the name.

The pressure of the GnR name is squarely on axl's shoulders now and he isn't a person who can handle alot of pressure. i believe a lot of the new band's problems stem from the rather weak self confidence embodying the redhead. I hope he pulls it all together to show the world what he is capable. Axl Rose's public perception does not mirror his true talent.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
darkmonth
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2004, 11:32:59 AM »

Slash spends a lot of time talking about how he wouldn't get back with Axl - if that was the case why does he keep bringing it up?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Them getting back for a few shows would be so awesome......

He doesn't.  If you believe he phones up and starts talking about Axl to the journalists whenever he can, you are more stupid than I thought.  Journalists will always ask the questions.  Slash just answers.  Fool.
darkmonth
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2004, 11:40:22 AM »

Also, a reunion would only be possible if both projects ( new GNr nd VR) fail to succeed.

man, as much as I love the idea of a GnR reunion, if it were to happen, there would have to be some fucking HUGE compromises.  Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy... none of them were into Axl's eventual vision (I say eventual, because Axl used to be a hard rockin' motherfucker... lord knows what happened)... and likewise, Axl just isn't into the rock n roll vision of the other guys.  Fact is, Axl and the rest of the band will NEVER see eye to eye on music opinions again.  If they did get back together, they would only end up splitting with major arguments again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: