Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash talking ?bout Axl again...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash talking ?bout Axl again...  (Read 21075 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: March 05, 2004, 10:31:31 AM »

"THE RAZZ: SLASHED AND BURNED
Mar 5 2004

Axl Rose

THERE'S a Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits CD due out later this month,but there's little chance of guitarist Slash and singer Axl Rose getting together to celebrate the event.

While Rose still uses the band's name, Slash and original group members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum are now in Velvet Revolver with singer Scott Weiland and guitarist Dave Kushner.

There has been a tidal wave of bad blood between the two camps especially over the decision by Rose to keep the name.

And when asked about a possible reunion, Slash, whowas born in England and whose real name is Saul Hudson, said: 'I haven't talked to him since I quit. I don't really see a reunion happening.

'The things that are keeping us apart are so much tougher than money.

'He made some idle threats while we were touring and wouldn't go on stage unless we signed a piece of paper.We opted to go on stage and not let everybody down so we signed the piece of paper.

'I didn't want to be involved with the name if the band's not together anyway.

'Even to this day I still don't care. But now he's dragged it through the mud so much that even if he said, 'Look guys, I've been to therapy and I'm a better person now, let's get back together anddo a show.' We'd all be like, we don't want to be in that band. 'None of us would have even bothered to think about taking the name.'

While the bad feeling simmers away, it is perhaps better to remember some of the great rock tunes the band produced.

The Greatest Hits package, released in the UK on March 15, is a 14-track collection and includes Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City as well as covers of Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die and Sympathy For The Devil.

GN'R are the only act to hold the top two album spots in both the UKand the USon the week of releasing Use Your Illusion II in September 1991.Use YourGN'R are the only act to hold the top two album spots in both the UKand the USon the week of releasing Use Your Illusion II in September 1991.

Rose and guitarist Izzy Stradlin started the group in 1984 and over the next couple of years they brought in Steven Adler on drums, guitarist Slash and Duff McKagan on bass.

They became Guns N' Roses and their everyone by contributing Oh My God to the soundtrack of End Of Days. Backed by new musicians, he also embarked on The Chinese Democracy tour and claimed to have finished the band's long-awaited new album.

They started a tour, but after just nine performances it was scrapped (including a date at Glasgow's SECC). Chinese Democracy has still to be released.

So what would it take for Axl and Slash to kiss and make up?

Slash said: 'No amount of money will make that happen. It's a relationship that's too human, too delicate and too volatile to have money manipulate it.

'There was a period where people said, 'Why not doone show?' And I'd say, when you get him straightened out, then we can talk about doing a show, but right now it's just not my priority. I'm not really waiting around for Axl to get his head together.'

off-stage activities made Liam Gallagher's antics look like schoolboy pranks.Their appetite for drugs, drink and groupie sex was legendary.

But, like the title of their first album Appetite For Destruction, bad times were always around the corner.

Two fans died during crowd disturbances at the Monsters Of Rock show at the Donington Festival in 1988.

The beginning of the end of the classic line-up and there have been many member changes began in September 1990 when Adler was replaced by Matt Sorum.The following year saw the departure of Stradlin. He actually returned to the fold in 1995, but by that time Rose and Slash, the main focus of the band, were at loggerheads.

In November 1996 , Slash confirmed Rose's departure.Then in February 1997 it was Slash who was was on his way out with the singer purchasing the rights to the band's name.

Slash said: 'The way things were headed I wanted to quit while it was still cool.

'I didn't want to go down the drain with Axl in that sense.

'When you're in a band which goes in that direction it's rare that you ever make a comeback. Leaving Guns was hard, but I'm glad that I left, despite all the legal problems and stuff that goes along with leaving.'

Source:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/therazz/music...ll&siteid=89488
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:05:28 AM by RnT » Logged

AxlN'Slash
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 10:38:58 AM »

how is that talkin shit?

axl is not a little angel.

Retards Attempting Poetry
               RAP
Crowebar
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 11:00:40 AM »

Yeah. How is he talking shit? From what I can see, Slash is merely telling his side of events as he remembers them and how he feels about the overall situation. I don't think he was really talking shit about Axl. It seems to me that people in this world just want to play the blame game all the time. Shit happens. Each person is responsible for the part that they played including Axl.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 11:30:08 AM »

No shit in his words !!!
Slash rules !!!!!!!!!

//JK
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:30:12 AM »

nice piece of info and I don't see here any shit talking.

it makes me think if Axl had all figured out at that tour..perhaps he saw which direction they were heading and managed to get the name rights etc.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:38:55 AM »

But now he's dragged it through the mud so much that even if he said, 'Look guys, I've been to therapy and I'm a better person now, let's get back together anddo a show.' We'd all be like, we don't want to be in that band. '

Well, the utopists who keep praying for a reunion will finally know what to expect (or rather what NOT to expect)....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 11:55:59 AM »

Hes not talking shit about axl. Hes saying how he feels in regards to what has happened.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
fuzzbubble
Opening Act

It's only rock n' roll but I like it!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 12:03:51 PM »

what everyone else said, it's just his side of the story.

NOBODY DIES A VIRGIN LIFE F.U.C.K.S US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size]
Death Cube K
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 12:15:15 PM »

They started a tour, but after just nine performances it was scrapped (including a date at Glasgow's SECC). Chinese Democracy has still to be released.

LOL

This one's classic!

I never knew Glasgow's SECC was located in the US.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 12:52:47 PM »

Its funny when you look at both sides of the story.

Slash said the infamous tale of Axl blackmailing the band, that if they did not sign the papers (which apparently gave Axl 100% control over the bands name), then he would not go on stage.

But from the other side, one has to wonder what the band did that drove Axl to that point of desperation.

There is two sides to every story. True...true.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 01:04:13 PM »

But now he's dragged it through the mud so much that even if he said, 'Look guys, I've been to therapy and I'm a better person now, let's get back together anddo a show.' We'd all be like, we don't want to be in that band. '

Well, the utopists who keep praying for a reunion will finally know what to expect (or rather what NOT to expect)....

Agree with you 100%
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 01:13:49 PM »

I really hope you guys don't believe that that is how he 'lost' the rights to the Guns N Roses name.
Its a lot more complicated than that.  I wish Slash would stop spewing that little anecdote.  If he really wants to present a case for being ripped off he should have his lawyer issue a statement about it.  If Slash (and Duff) were forced into an agreement they would have a case for nullifying the agreement.  That hasn't happened because they don't have a case.  Plus money exchanged hands.  Was that forced too?

C'mon Slash... gimme a break!

Plus he has ALSO said that he didn't want the name because after GN'R was done he thought that was it for the name (something to that effect).

And to contradict himself further yet again, a couple of years back he was indeed pursuing legal avenues to get it back.

And we have to wonder why Axl called him a liar? Roll Eyes
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 01:18:24 PM »

I think Slash and Axl, Axl and Slash just need to TALK.
please talk, an then let's reform one of the greatest Rock n' Roll band of all time: the REAL Guns n' Roses!
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 01:56:17 PM »

please talk, an then let's reform one of the greatest Rock n' Roll band of all time: the REAL Guns n' Roses!

If Axl talking to Slash results in disbanding the new band then I say fuck Slash.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 04:32:25 PM »

Slash spends a lot of time talking about how he wouldn't get back with Axl - if that was the case why does he keep bringing it up?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Them getting back for a few shows would be so awesome......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dizzy
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 04:35:17 PM »

I concur with everyone here, Slash was just asked (yet again) about his relationship (or lack thereof) with Axl, and he simply answered the questions.  I think he did so very delicately to avoid trash-talking.

My disdain for this interview comes with the factual inaccuracies......

While Rose still uses the band's name, Slash and original group members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum

Matt Sorum was not an original GNR member.

Rose and guitarist Izzy Stradlin started the group in 1984

No, they started Hollywood Rose.

They became Guns N' Roses and their everyone by contributing Oh My God to the soundtrack of End Of Days.

Say what?   Huh

Backed by new musicians, he also embarked on The Chinese Democracy tour and claimed to have finished the band's long-awaited new album.

Okay, now they sharply shift to Axl as if they'd been talking about him alone the whole time.  Well-tailored article, eh folks?   Roll Eyes

The beginning of the end of the classic line-up and there have been many member changes began in September 1990 when Adler was replaced by Matt Sorum.

Steven was fired on July 11, 1990.  Not September.

The following year saw the departure of Stradlin. He actually returned to the fold in 1995

He did?  He did shows in 1993, but I don't remember him rejoining the band.

In November 1996 , Slash confirmed Rose's departure

Do what?  Slash's departure was announced in October 1996.

Then in February 1997 it was Slash who was was on his way out with the singer purchasing the rights to the band's name.

Wait a minute, I thought Axl was out of the band?   Roll Eyes

Duff was the one who quit in 1997.

That site needs to get its shit together.  What a piss-poor article.   I hate factual inaccuracies.  Angry
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 04:39:14 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2004, 04:36:45 PM »

Come on, this will NEVER happen, time to wake up now!

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Dizzy
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2004, 04:37:09 PM »

Slash spends a lot of time talking about how he wouldn't get back with Axl - if that was the case why does he keep bringing it up?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Because he keeps getting asked about it.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2004, 04:41:05 PM »

But from the other side, one has to wonder what the band did that drove Axl to that point of desperation.

well.... The band did nothing, but Axl is one greedy motherfucker
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2004, 04:51:53 PM »

The beginning of the end of the classic line-up and there have been many member changes began in September 1990 when Adler was replaced by Matt Sorum.

Steven was fired on July 11, 1990.  Not September.

Adler might have been fired in July, but he wasnt replaced immediately...Then again, Im not exactly a date buff, so correct me if Im wrong.

That site needs to get its shit together.  What a piss-poor article.  

I agree

Because he keeps getting asked about it.

Come on Dizzy, you know common sense is frowned upon in threads like this...

And does anybody else suspect most of these quotes are old?  I say this because not only do half of them look famliar, but its incredibly odd that a new interview with Slash inside of an article about the Greatest Hits wouldnt have him touch on that subject at all  Huh
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 04:54:58 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: