Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:05:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The "Slither" thread (post your opinions here)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Slither" thread (post your opinions here)  (Read 45950 times)
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2004, 10:16:45 PM »

Personally I like Slither it has a good grove and is fun to play.  I am going to buy the album. I would have bought it off of hearing Set Me Free alone (that song kicked my ass all over the place).  I am cycked about this band and can't wait for them to explode.

Later

Slashisthebest
 peace

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2004, 10:20:20 PM »

Do "alot" of your friends think that Zeppelin is "too" 70's??

Talent is talent and Slash's talent is UNTOUCHABLE and certainly cannot be "dated" or dismissed as "too" anything other than "Too Motherfuckin Rockin for the weak".

Amen, dude.  Slash's talent is untouchable.  and no Zeppelin is timeless, like the rolling stones and GNR.

Slashisthebest

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2004, 11:23:32 AM »

Heard Slither for the first time yesterday and i hate to say it, but i thought it sucked. The dj was really talking it up, but it's just another crappy, middle of the road song to me.

I'm really surprised this is what VR chose to make as their debut single off their debut album. What a downer.

This is coming from a fan who that talks up Slash every chance I get too. Slash, dude, thumbs down.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2004, 02:57:33 AM »

the song is ok
but it doesnt like put u in a trance, it doesnt make u really move with excitement

if it were a new band it would be good

but since we know what slash and co are capable of it makes it less of a song on that alone

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2004, 08:46:43 PM »

I love this song the solo makes me just go WOW and the band is really great sounding not GNR sounding really and not STP either it's like a mixture of both (I wonder why? lol).A real great video Scott looked a little weird but Slash,Duff,Matt and Dave looked pretty cool.Velvet Revolver has that kick ass attitude to them and this is just what rock needs a good kick in the balls just like Axl, Slash and Duff did back in the 80's.I am not saying that Velvet Revolver is better than the original Guns N' Roses I am just saying they give me a simular feeling when listening to them.I think Velvet Revolver can hold down the Rock N' Roll fort untill Axl gets it all together IE replacing Buckethead and re-doing his parts.
SacredCow
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2004, 02:43:05 PM »

I actually like this song quite a bit, and I've only heard it once.

On the other hand, I did NOT like Set Me Free. That song did nothing for me.

Slither will be a marginal hit, nothing huge but it will put VR on the map and set the tone for the band's first album and tour. I like the song, I think the band will work out just fine, and hopefully the album, the tour and the success that the new band has will force Axl to do something, ANYTHING, with Chinese Democracy.
How great would it be to have a battle of the bands between Guns and VR? Each trying to outdo each other on stage, in the studio, on the billboard list...that would be the best case scenario for us fans, so let's hope it happens.
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2004, 06:39:50 PM »

slashglp said it best:

"there is a good riff there just after the intro & the intro sounds like they are trying to cop in on modern music, which sucks, coz most modern music sucks"

then slashglp asks:

"the structure of the song is pretty crap, basic muted power chord used for the rythm, just listen to an afd song then slither, what the fuck happened slash?"

what happened is afd songs were structured by the giant songwriter Izzy Stradlin

then slashglp says it himself: "the key is izzy, adler, duff, axl"

yeah, put Slash IN there and you have it.

Slash walked out of his "i just wanna play good rock" ass when he (and duff & matt) dismissed Izzy proposal to go out in a van and play good rock"

and now my considerations on the song, based on what MadmanDan said: "that doesn't do it for us: We're used to Guns N' Fuckin Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want perfection!"

So I say: SLITHER HAS GOT NO FUCKING CHORUS!!!!!!!!!

It?s sick drool

The song Slither has NO chorus Angry

It?s ridiculous.  crying

That "part" of the song ("here comes the water...") wich everybody (including the band) considers to be the chorus is actually a bridge to a chorus that NEVER comes.  Huh

It?s the BIGGEST shame that Izzy is not on this band.  Cry

It?s a shame Slash did have "higher aspirations" to this band and did NOT want to throw the things in the Van and go out and play (with Izzy & Duff singing).  no

Because these guys (Slash, Duff & Matt) are the best in what they do and they can?t even get a chorus in their fucking FIRST SINGLE.  rant

Ok, if Slither was a filler (and it was said the album does not have any). But no chorus on the fisrt SINGLE?  drool

And the weird thing is, if they (Matt, Duff, Slash) had never been in Guns n Roses, they would be like the best band around today.  ok

But since it?s pretty hard to avoid comparing both... One can not help saying that they need Izzy so bad that it?s shocking.  Shocked

One day Izzy and Dee Dee Ramone will be recognized among the greatest songwriters of modern rock n roll.  Cheesy

Fuck, listen to 53rd and 3rd  crying and Sweet Caress love !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: