Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR/VR-poll
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR/VR-poll  (Read 1763 times)
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« on: May 04, 2004, 01:17:36 PM »

Finnish radio station YleX has a VR/GNR-related poll.
They claim that "VR is more real GNR than this Axl?s solo project which has bought its GNR-name with money, cunningly and wrongfully. Axl probably doesn?t dare to release CD because he knows himself it?s full of shit. At least VR rocks and it has more real Gunners than Axl?s solo project."
The thing is to vote if you agree or disagree.

http://www.yle.fi/ylex/ohjelmat/sivu.34.shtml

The text in that page is mostly about their radio show called "X-Ryhm?", just scroll down the page and you?ll come up with text including words like "Axl" and such- that?s about this poll, I tried to translate that part as accurately as I could.

Below that there is a orange square and text "Samaa mielt?" meaning "I agree.

And below that there is a grey square and text "Eri mielt?" meaning "I disagree".

Just click on either one of those texts based on your opinion... and you?ve voted.

Below those texts are current results and small text "??nien lkm" which means quantity of votes.

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 01:41:29 PM »

I wouldn't be so radical with Axl but yes it's true that his solo project seems to be only a business. It's just for money and it's true that Velvet Revolver are more human, I mean, slash duff matt are CLOSE FRIENDS. It's for fun! It's Rock n' Roll. So yes it's much more human.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 03:38:42 PM »

I really think polls like this are stupid as fuck as they're only there to start shit.. I mean what good could ever come out of a thing like that?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 04:07:25 PM »

I really think polls like this are stupid as fuck as they're only there to start shit.. I mean what good could ever come out of a thing like that?

Agreed.
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 05:41:34 PM »

I wouldn't be so radical with Axl but yes it's true that his solo project seems to be only a business. It's just for money and it's true that Velvet Revolver are more human, I mean, slash duff matt are CLOSE FRIENDS. It's for fun! It's Rock n' Roll. So yes it's much more human.

How do you know that Axl isn't close friends with the new guys?? He has said in nearly every recent interview that he has a better friendship with them than he did with the old members.

Axl, Stinson and finck always seem pretty tight on stage, these guys have been in this band for years now.

Axl and Dizzy must be pretty tight also.

I strongly disagree that this new GNR is just a business to Axl and he is in it for the money, infact that is total bullshit. One thing you can never deny Axl is his motives. He has a love of music and wants to make the best album he can, this to me is obvious.

If it were a business he would have recorded CD in 2.5 weeks and released it just like VR are doing.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 05:47:00 PM by MrBen » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: