Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash Speaks On Reunoin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Speaks On Reunoin  (Read 4943 times)
gezm
« on: May 09, 2004, 04:10:50 AM »

Loaded had an interview with SLASH and Duff in their latest issue. It was mostly about their old, wild GNR days, but there were others on their lifestyles and some on VR. SLASH said NO to a GNR reunion peace

so now u know guys there wont be one not now not of a long time if never
i would like to see it but it wont happen and i respect slash on it
too many bitter things with axl and axl would most prob cancell the show half way tho lol
 ok
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 04:15:30 AM by gezm » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 04:48:27 AM »

LOL, this is not much of a suprise at this point.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 04:58:18 AM »

Well at this point VR is his main interest atm. So a reunion in the next few years doesnt seem liekly

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 10:57:08 AM »

Old news.  Slash has said this a number of times over the past year.  I wish people would quit asking him about it, if they'd just do some research into his interviews, they'd know that he has answered this question dozens of times.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 02:44:29 PM »

True.
And also all the VR interviews are  very similar:
"How did VR started??" "How did you hook up with Scott?"
"How is the songwriting??" "Wich is the diference between playing with Izzy Stradlin and Dave Kusher??"
This questions are in almost every VR article

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 05:19:35 PM »

He said something like, :If axl were to approach me about it I would not respond positively!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 11:27:19 PM »

The future of anything is never set in stone no matter what the person might say. Tommorow we could all wake up to news of a reunion tour.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 05:40:55 AM »

What the fuck would they call it? And how the fuck would it look like? It's not gonna happen because of the name still being passed around and there has never been a "breakup" of "Gunsnroses".

Gunsnroses has never ceased to exist, it has just changed content various times.

As Slash said: " It's too tainted"

I go with axl. The original band would finally loose their magic.

Like every other band doing the same stuff over and over...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
SlashFan
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 12:45:12 AM »

I don't think there will be a reunion for a few years atleast.I mean KISS waited 15 years and now they don't even have some of the original members in the band.We should all hope that if GN'R ever do a reunion that they don't have Matt in the band,because that would suck,Steven is better than Matt and everyone knows that. peace
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 02:43:32 AM »

i think slash has said many time he wont do a reunion, axl and himm have got to handle their issues before there is ever a reunion. anyways by the time that happens they might be to old to rock out, if ever so i dont know if we will ever see the original gnr back together, which sucks cause i would have loved to see them live but i was to young

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 08:49:13 AM »

I think the 20th anniversary of Appetite's release might hold perhaps the only glimmer of hope.  The only problem with that is that we will all feel really old lol and they even older! lol  But you know Sabbath and Ozzy always said never - you never believe the word never in the music world eh?  How many last time tours have they had now? lol  But they still continue to be cool enough - people want to see them.

But depends what happens before then, Surely if Both are serious about the work they plan to do- band wise. If They are going to get stuck into touring ect they'll have to bump into each other at some point?

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 09:06:17 AM »

The future of anything is never set in stone no matter what the person might say. Tommorow we could all wake up to news of a reunion tour.

Yeah, and tomorrow I could wake up with two 18 year old swedish blonde playmates, get up to take a shower and realise my penis is brushing against my knees. Then I'll go downstairs and find a naked maid has fixed me breakfast before going to wash my ferrari, drying it will some spare 50's I'd left lying around.

@#$%Muther
Dizzy
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 05:48:19 PM »

I think the 20th anniversary of Appetite's release might hold perhaps the only glimmer of hope.  The only problem with that is that we will all feel really old lol and they even older! lol  But you know Sabbath and Ozzy always said never - you never believe the word never in the music world

That's true.  Here is an Ozzy quote from 1989....

Kids are always asking me, 'when is Black Sabbath going to reunite'?  And I always tell them the same thing: NEVER!
BenDrinking
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 08:16:26 PM »

We should all hope that if GN'R ever do a reunion that they don't have Matt in the band,because that would suck,Steven is better than Matt and everyone knows that. peace

What exactly are you smoking!!!?? I am a drummer and trust me, Matt is a much better drummer that Steven. Just listen to the end of Coma and ask yourself if you think Steven could have done those drum parts. The anwer is NO WAY!! Steven is a good drummer but trust me,  drum wise, GNR are a much better band with Matt then Steven.

Ben
Dizzy
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 08:50:10 PM »

What exactly are you smoking!!!?? I am a drummer and trust me, Matt is a much better drummer that Steven. Just listen to the end of Coma and ask yourself if you think Steven could have done those drum parts. The anwer is NO WAY!! Steven is a good drummer but trust me,  drum wise, GNR are a much better band with Matt then Steven.

What exactly have you BenDrinking?  He smokes nothing.  I don't care how "technically" good Sorum is, it ain't Guns N Roses without Steven Adler.  Sorum is too much of a power player to fit with GNR's sound.  Steven was perfect for the band's fast rock paced n roll sound.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:51:02 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 08:51:56 PM »

I watched something funny last nite on VH1 Bands reunited. Although the name of the program is pretty self explanatory, for those who don't have any clue of what I'm talking about, it goes about a host trying to convince each member of the featured band to get togehter again for one more gig only.

I've never seen that show until last night, the band featured was Berlin ( famous for the song " take my breath away" of the Top Gun soundtrack) Some members hadn't seen each other for 15 years. So, I had a visual of the same host trying to convince Slash and Axl to get together again...Axl would prob kick him out of his house and Slash would prob laugh his ass of...or...you never know.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:54:44 PM by Chinasky » Logged
BenDrinking
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 09:44:32 PM »

Sorum is too much of a power player to fit with GNR's sound.  Steven was perfect for the band's fast rock paced n roll sound.

Not true. GNR sound grew so much when they added Matt. You can feel it in the begining of You Could Be Mine. When I first heard that song I was like "Wow who is that drummer" cause I new it wasn't Steven. The piont is, I don't think Steven has ever done anything drum wise that would make me, or anyone, go wow. I remeber Slash saying in an interview that after hearing Matt play for the first time, he said something like "Wow we have to get this guy". And this is comming from Slash, Steven buddy.

On a personal note, I would rather listen to Matt play drums than Steven. There is just nothing that spectacular about Adler, while Matt is a Drum God. And please don't tell me that GNR sounds better with Steven than with Matt!! I bet if I started a poll of who people thought was the best drummer, Matt would win hands down. Just cause Steven was the original doen't mean he was the best. Hell, isn't that the reason they fired his ass??

Ben
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2004, 09:57:34 PM »

I would vote Matt too again being a musician you can see how advanced he is - he's not the best in the world but is a strong solid drummer.

anywa hey Fuck it,  it's been a crazy ride so far so why would a reunion be any different in the GN'R world.  

We could have 2x drummers Steven and Matt.
3x guitarists Slash, Izzy and Gilby.  
Dizzy on Keys, Teddy Andreas on the harmonica  and maybe a guest appearence for Tracy and Reberta lol I think you knowww the words lol

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: