Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:53:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Found, Tommy Stinson Lost?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Found, Tommy Stinson Lost?  (Read 22914 times)
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: May 15, 2004, 10:07:38 PM »

WARNING: This Post contains a Rumor that I am starting . .  but with sources and then my own deductions

Richard Fortus Found: Part I
Another thread asked, "Where is Richard Fortus?" I've found him, but I thought what I unearthed was worthy of another thread . . . and discussion given there is little to speak of . .

Contrary to belief, Richard plays in a hard-core rock band called "Pisser" in NYC to rave reviews www.pisserband.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?n=/press) He is teamed up with Anthony Esposito (ex-Lynch Mob) on bass which leads me to . . .

Tommy Stinson Lost: Part II?
Anthony Esposito goes by the username "Pure13" on the George Lynch Message Board and signs his posts "Ant". Recently (5/8/04), he is quoted as saying the following:
"i have been recently asked to play in a major, major band and will keep you guys posted on updates when finalized.
hopefully i will get to see you again on the road sometime after the summer."

p210.ezboard.com/fgeorgelynchmessageboard52219frm50.showMessage?topicID=117.topic

It is not unreasonable to think that Richard might have recruited Anthony into GNR. It would be "major,major". Of course this could just be a crazy idea, but it really seems that some of the new GNR members are beginning to move on to other things as evidenced by Tommy's solo album. Tommy would probably be prohibited from saying he left (he seemed pretty distant from GNR in his last quote ex. "when they call me". If this were true, it would be another GNR PR disaster.

If nothing else, maybe Mysteron will come back to dispel this . . . Something to keep your Saturday night interesting. . .

I highly recommmend Lynch Mob - REvolution. Check it out!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 09:19:13 AM by alternativemonkey » Logged
Burt Cokain
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 10:26:38 PM »

Why would tommy stinson leave now?
Assuming Axl is lying when he said in the Rio Press Release that he hopes to release an album release date in the next few months (maybe he does hope but he also hopes to levitate) why would tommy leave? He has nothing on his plate- a tour supporting his new album is a drop in the ocean, he is releasing this album for personal pleasure and not expecting or believing it will be a commercial success. He recorded it at the expense of a favour from black francis and the fact that Sean Beaven was involved in the Producing and Sanctuary or geffen or whoever (someone axl related i seem to remember) are releasing it suggests that Axl pulled strings too.
His only possible commitments could be a tour to support his new album and he can cancel that at a call from axl because its small fish. I think your jumping to a logical but wrong conclusion. Tommy will make more money and pretty much to get to do what he wants on axl's roster that on his own, why move mr stinson? If i were mr stinson i would stick right where i was, thankyou.

''Almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day, its getting kinda long, i coulda said it was in my way, but i didn't and i wonder why''
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 10:28:24 PM »

Maybe now that Buckethead left, Axl's going with two guitarists and two bassists instead of three and one.
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 10:46:54 PM »

Maybe now that Buckethead left, Axl's going with two guitarists and two bassists instead of three and one.
He He!No, Axl can?t be so damn crazy to do that

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 11:03:17 PM »

Tommy has been too committed to this project to walk away. I don't believe he was referring to GNR.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 12:03:42 AM »

If Tommy were out, I beleive he just come out and say it...he's been around longer than anybody (except Finck and Dizzy), and hasn't backed out...but who knows? If he is out, he is....This is the Axl Rose show now, we all know it, if the players are capable, then who cares (unless of course, it means re-recording CD for the umpteenth time)?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 01:57:03 AM »

tommy is not going anywhere
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 02:00:22 AM »

If you want to mention quotes, you should put this one too:

As for Chinese Democracy, the mirage of an album Gn'R has been working on for nearly a decade, Stinson is fairly tight-lipped. "All I can say right now is the record is going to come out sometime sooner than later," he says, "and I will tour with them when they call me to do so."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 02:18:40 AM by Fuckin' Gunner » Logged

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 07:09:59 AM »

hihi

Now that would be insane!

3 Keyboard players plus 2 bassists - that would be pretty revolutionary!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 07:22:03 AM »

2 bass player ?
is that possible ?
would that sound awful ?
 Grin

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 08:40:30 AM »

Tommy wouldn't leave now his solo albums out.  Axl probably set up that deal for him with Sanctuary records! (Like he was gonna do with Buckethead) That fact that Sean Beavan is executive producer kinda confirms it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 08:46:14 AM by AdZ » Logged
delvis
Opening Act

Kizza Me

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 11:12:46 AM »

Why do some of you here believe that Axl set up Tommy's record deal?  I think you will see when his record comes out that he doesn't neen Axl to score him a record deal.  Why do you assume that somebody is doing Tommy a favor? least of all Axl, who can't even do shit for himself or his fans.  I think Tommy, who as the bassist for The Replacements, has established himself enough to get himself a record deal.  Its a bit easier that you think,  he's a great musiciaon and songwriter, and that is why Tommy has a deal.  It definitely helps that he is a member of GNR but for fuck sakes, give the guy some credit, and for the love of Christ, stop giving Axl credit for this.

Delvis
estranged.1098
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 11:34:48 AM »

People belive Axl helped him get a deal because he wasn't doing very well before joining GN'R, the deal is with Sanctuary Records and Axl said he was doing that for BH. I don't think Tommy was doing much better than BH.

And the other guy, just because he's a bass player doesn't mean he can't play the guitar. Duff played guitar after he left GNR.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 12:05:20 PM »

I dont think Tommy is going any where, from what he said basically is to stayed tuned for the next few months will get some GN'R activity but we can only wait.

EEEERRRR Little boy
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 01:26:38 PM »

People belive Axl helped him get a deal because he wasn't doing very well before joining GN'R, the deal is with Sanctuary Records and Axl said he was doing that for BH. I don't think Tommy was doing much better than BH.

And the other guy, just because he's a bass player doesn't mean he can't play the guitar. Duff played guitar after he left GNR.

Tommy's not a better musician than Bucket - but The Replacement's were far bigger, and there fans more devoted than Buckethead is.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 03:01:25 PM »

Pure13? Dont you remember Pure from a few years ago? He was a bullshit artists and even admited to lying on gnr boards.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 06:24:51 PM »

Pure13? Dont you remember Pure from a few years ago? He was a bullshit artists and even admited to lying on gnr boards.

"even admited to lying on gnr boards"
I don?t remember that , dude... can you explain me?

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 10:19:48 PM »

Not this shit again...
you read the mans last statement, just fuckin' leave it.
HE'S STILL A  GUNNER!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2004, 02:10:09 AM »

tommy is not going anywhere

I couldn't see Tommy going any where. Right up there with Dizzy. Hell, out of all the guys I would have expected Bucket to leave first. He was great (is great!) but he seemed out of place.

I hope Richard stays around too. He put out a lot of energy live! Though I'll admit I woulnd't be overly heart broken if he went. It'd suck though.

All we need is Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Robin to stay. The others can be replaced right? I don't think many people have gotten to attached to Brain. Hell we never hear from him. Never a mention of him and GNR really.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2004, 10:57:47 AM »

Tommy's been in 7 years, and he looks like he's having a blast on stage, if he left he would make it public, i'm pretty sure he would, he's not so secretive over his status

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: