Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 11:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  mention on metal sludge
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mention on metal sludge  (Read 7221 times)
alex3951
« on: May 16, 2004, 06:52:40 PM »

Was readin metal sludge..came across this mention on the "gossip and rumors" page.......wat does this mean???

- Axl Rose's record label has a lein on his house because of the millions invested in the infamous "Chinese Democracy."

http://www.metal-sludge.com/Gossip5-04.htm
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 07:22:05 PM »

shoddy journalism?Huh?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 09:01:41 PM »

Well......if we CD show up at some point I guess we'll know why. I would have to believe that at some point the label will attempt to recoup some money if Axl continues to refuse to release an album for whatever reason. I mean most companies I know don't willingly take a 13 million dollar bath, so if Axl won't release a CD he obvisouly has finished, then I hope they do bend him over a table and get some money back. He would have no one to blame but himself.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 09:12:04 PM »

actually the people to blame are the people that let him spend all that money.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 09:24:03 PM »

I would have to believe his contract allots him a gigantic budget on which to record this album so the 13 million isn't that outrageous in my opinion. The kicker is though at some point the record company expects an album they can release as a means of getting some money back, I mean that is how things normally go when you give someone money to record an album. You pay them, they give you album......it becomes a problem when a certain party refuses to give you the album you paid for, hence possibly putting a lein on someones house.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 10:44:10 PM »

According to metal sludge, there is a lien against Axl's house by his record company, due to the gazillions they've spent on CD.  

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 10:57:44 PM »

whoever made up that rumor is full of fecal matter. I doubt they could do that. Their would be a ton of better ways to get their money back from axl. And unless axl was taking out loans that he hasn't paid, they wouldn't be able to, someone with more financial knowledge could probably make a better case, but I just know that this is utter bullshit, the record company is not a bank. But on the other hand, the only way we will probably ever see the cd is if axl accumulates a large debt. With his opulent spending on things such as a gas station antiques you never know.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 11:03:14 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 12:46:26 AM »

I somehow doubt that's true, but who knows. If it is true, I'd like to know the deadline they've put on the contract. I mean, obviously, they didn't know the album would take this long, so they didn't come out with a 10 year long contract, or even 5 years, that would be rushing any kind of creative momentum.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 03:17:33 AM »

I doubt this is true

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 03:26:11 AM »

If I don't pay a doctor bill, they could put a judgment against me and eventually a place a lien on my home.

I have no idea of how the money end of the record biz works. So I can't speculate. But if it was considered a LOAN then it is possible.

We need somebody who knows the biz....mysteron?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 03:39:01 AM »

I heard this rumor elsewhere recently but I can't remember where.  Huh It sounds false to me but who knows.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 06:06:43 AM »

Seems slightly implausible - Axl has been advanced the money for the album which is common practice, especially with bands working on their first album, the money is then repayed via album sales, the record company taking a cut untill its paid off

quite why they would require his house as security.....i have never heard of another band being put in that situation, surely if Interscope/Geffen really wanted their money back they could just increase the percentage they take from Axl's royalties...

The way i see it Interscope/Geffen aren't stupid - they are typical evil capitalists - they won't have forgotten Axl owes them money, if they haven't come a'callin' for the album there must be a reason for that i.e its very good/very bad

Quick! To the bandwagon!
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 12:37:35 PM »

Actually this story isn't new and - unfortunately - isn't as far fetched as some of you think.

This rumor has been around since before the tour was scrapped.
There was talk that Axl might lose his house, and the rumor became quite "intense" when they pulled the plug on the tour. I haven't had any updates on the situation since then, so I can't really comment on where things stand now. But, it's not a bogus story.  

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 09:02:55 PM »

I have no idea of how the money end of the record biz works. So I can't speculate. But if it was considered a LOAN then it is possible.

I believe most recording budgets are in fact loans. Actually, this story to me seems in no way far-fetched. If you bought something on credit or something and didn't pay for it, you'd get either the item itself repo-ed or, if for some reason you were unable to give it back (say, lost it, stolen, hiding it), they would take something else of value or payment.

If you really think about it, it is not much of a different situation than that. There are obviously some differences as Axl hasn't bought anything from Universal/WHOEVER, but I'd say the principle remains quite close to the same. And Chinese Democracy is probably not lost or stolen, so...

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 10:52:57 AM »

Hello all, Never post b/c i'm just too damn lazy.  But I've been reading for years.  In the Rolling Stone article entitled "Whatever Happened To Axl Rose), there is a line stating that 10 million was fronted to GNR for "The Spagetti Incedent".  A record Co. is a bank.  And what do banks do if you don't pay them back, take everything you've got to recoup.  Slash and ZCo. probably know that Axl is fixing to get bent over and they want their piece of the pie before Geffen gets theirs.  Easier to go after Axl than Saten itself, Geffen.  Hopefully a new light is shed here.  Cheers beer

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 10:57:54 AM »

I wish they would take steps towards bending him over the table to get their money back....take his house and anything they can. Maybe faced with the choice of losing your house or turning over the masters to the album, he would give them the album. Maybe the thought of losing his house would be the motivation he needs to stop being lazy and give them enough songs to make an album. And if he won't, then the record company is entitled to get their money back and he will have no one to blame but himself for what might happen.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 11:07:01 AM »

I'd rather they didn't thanks. I don't want an album forced into release with the artist not being happy with it. That would be fucked up.

As for all this talk of Axl being lazy, etc, we know nothing of what is going on. If I was to listen to all rumours and opinions about Axl being lazy/un-motivated I might aswell believe Dizzy telling us that the delay is now nothing to do with Axl.

Beside which, all this talk of bending Axl over a table is turning this thread distinctly gay.....

@#%&Muther
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 11:19:09 AM »

You can call it whatever you want, but it DOES NOT take 7 years from the start of a project to record at least 1 releasable albums worth of material. And I wouldn't feel bad forcing his hand, they gave him 13 million dollars so far. He should pay them back if he doesn't plan on releasing the album....or give them the album. Thats normally what happens when someone loans you money. You either pay them back or give them something of equal value to settle the debt. In this case that would be CD.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 11:32:20 AM »

I can't argue with most of that. It shouldn't take this long, and as the record company I wouldn't feel bad about forcing him. That's business. If the money is like a loan, it's pay up time Mr. Rose.

Speaking as a fan tho, I personally wouldn't want an album released which isn't what Axl wanted. Music is supposed to be an art, and business shouldn't mess with the creative process.

Having said that, the only person causing that clash is Axl if the delay is being caused by him.

@#$%Muther
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 07:17:13 PM »

I doubt this is true

Me too.Haven?t we had some good bunch of fake rumors on the Gn?R world already?

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: