Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash defuses 'fuck Axl' chant + Chicago Review
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash defuses 'fuck Axl' chant + Chicago Review  (Read 32334 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 01:19:22 PM »

Jarmo: Can you please stop with this whole VR thing with their fans not being "objective"?

I realize that english may not be your first language, so you don't exactly understand the full meaning of the word.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Roll Eyes

If there is one area of human existence where it's nearly impossible to be objective, it's music. Music is based entirely on the influence of people's emotions, and strong reactions are therefor in inherent in discussion concerning music.

You can't ask people to be objective when the topic is music. One can be objective about science, or some other arts, but when it comes to music, which is entirely dependant of how it influences people as individuals, you cannot expect objectivity.

I also see you consistently saying that Velvet Revolver fans are unobjective. Why don't you also acknowledge the same problem with GNR fans?

It's a joke ok?

There's people on this board whining about how Dave (an Axl fan) isn't objective regarding VR. Well, I have some bad news for those people, some VR fans aren't objective either.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 01:21:04 PM »

Slash has class - if he was saying it sarcasticly to get at Axl im sure the report would have stated it. Slash doesnt need to go tell certain members of Gn'R to suck his dick or that their up his ass.

Riot In Everyone!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 01:43:58 PM »

Slash has class - if he was saying it sarcasticly to get at Axl im sure the report would have stated it.
I know because that report was so professional and insightful.

Im not sayign slash is a scumbag. All im saying is you people make him out to be some saint. You have no idea how he said what he said. He could have been serious or he could have said it sarcastically.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 01:47:35 PM »

Jarmo: Can you please stop with this whole VR thing with their fans not being "objective"?

I realize that english may not be your first language, so you don't exactly understand the full meaning of the word.

If there is one area of human existence where it's nearly impossible to be objective, it's music. Music is based entirely on the influence of people's emotions, and strong reactions are therefor in inherent in discussion concerning music.

You can't ask people to be objective when the topic is music. One can be objective about science, or some other arts, but when it comes to music, which is entirely dependant of how it influences people as individuals, you cannot expect objectivity.

I also see you consistently saying that Velvet Revolver fans are unobjective. Why don't you also acknowledge the same problem with GNR fans?

It's a joke ok?

There's people on this board whining about how Dave (an Axl fan) isn't objective regarding VR. Well, I have some bad news for those people, some VR fans aren't objective either.  Tongue

/jarmo

Ok now I see.

Yeah I think that we should stop bashing each other's music. When I fought with Dave it was because I thought he was an idiot, not because I hate Axl... if I could choose between CD and VR's Contraband... I'd take CD....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 01:53:14 PM »

Slash has class - if he was saying it sarcasticly to get at Axl im sure the report would have stated it.

Which report?

Ain?t it fun when your earnest post just gets skipped over....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 02:05:18 PM »

the article in this thread

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2004, 02:07:12 PM »

I have often wondered who VR's fan base is - having not even released an album they seem surprisingly popular...

But now i have my answer there all STP fans and bitter GNR fans - ''Axl hasn't released an album crying''

Axl gave us the best albums ever made - he could go go on a killing spree before i would even entertain 'fuck axl chants'

Its a little sad really....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 02:13:20 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2004, 02:22:56 PM »

It's a joke ok?

/jarmo

Uh, maybe not, but they don't act like 10 year old spoiled babies when their idol is insulted.  Unlike Dave.

W.Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2004, 02:36:47 PM »

Heck, Axl Rose packed the Allstate Arena in 2002 for a disastrous "comeback" tour with a no-name cast of jokers that could barely stay on the same beat for two hours.

"No-name cast of jokers"? Dave Kushner isn't exactly wellknown either. Does that qualify as poor journalism?

How about the thing about how you don't have to write negative things about GN'R in order to make VR look good?

No VR fans object to the article?  Tongue

The fans chanting "Fuck Axl", are those the objective VR fans? hihi

I need coffee....  drool

/jarmo

hey jarmo i object...

every fucking critic needs to slam axl to make the other guys look good....these guys hate way too much

vr is the best badn in the last 6-7 yrs.... they dont need to slam axl to smake people think that
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2004, 03:36:39 PM »

vr is the best badn in the last 6-7 yrs
Oh so you become a great and relevant band by just showing up nowadays? I always thought you had to release an album or 2 first. Then if those album/s contain great material you then become a great band....but i never new you are a great band by just showing up...must have been away for awhile silly me.....

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2004, 03:44:59 PM »

It's a joke ok?

It's like I said to Dave yesterday, just because one side is doing it doesn't mean it's right for anyone on either side to do it. It's just getting silly now. What is this some little pissing match to see who is more objective or who are the better fans? Come on Jarmo, I respect you a lot but  I noticed lately you seem to enjoy taking little potshots at VR and their fans.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2004, 04:20:51 PM »

Im not sayign slash is a scumbag. All im saying is you people make him out to be some saint. You have no idea how he said what he said. He could have been serious or he could have said it sarcastically.

I don't understand how 'former' GN'R fans can hate Axl and chant Fuck Axl - neither the other side, when they call Axl a God, and Slash & Co liars, cheaters, who has nothing better to do than interfering Axl releasing CD.
But on the other hand, I don't remember if Slash has ever said that Axl is an asshole, he can suck some dick or 'he's up in my ass'. If someone says things like these about his former bandmate(s), the guy only proves that he's an agressive, unintelligent, egoistic, troubled person.  Angry

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2004, 04:38:08 PM »

What is this some little pissing match to see who is more objective or who are the better fans? Come on Jarmo, I respect you a lot but  I noticed lately you seem to enjoy taking little potshots at VR and their fans.

No, it's an observation about how some people think they're better than everybody else and are quick to point their fingers at others. When in fact everybody's the same.

For example, when somebody says "The Blues" is the best song ever, he/she will get attacked by certain people. When somebody says "Slither" is the best song ever, those people will stay quiet.... Just because those people like VR better than Axl. Same thing goes for Axl fans etc...

You seem to take these things personally....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2004, 05:09:35 PM »

What is this some little pissing match to see who is more objective or who are the better fans? Come on Jarmo, I respect you a lot but  I noticed lately you seem to enjoy taking little potshots at VR and their fans.

No, it's an observation about how some people think they're better than everybody else and are quick to point their fingers at others. When in fact everybody's the same.

For example, when somebody says "The Blues" is the best song ever, he/she will get attacked by certain people. When somebody says "Slither" is the best song ever, those people will stay quiet.... Just because those people like VR better than Axl. Same thing goes for Axl fans etc...

/jarmo

I don't remember anyone posting that Slither or Fall to pieces or other VR song is the best song ever. We haven't heard the album, and the bootlegs haven't proved me that. But there are Axl-fans who post why Madagascar or The Blues is the best song ever. I disagree, but it can be the best song ever for them.

The new theme of the forum is 'objective'. Well, nobody's objective, because we all have our point of view, our likes and dislikes, affiliations, culture, etc.. Only God is objective. 'Objective' rather means that you don't have a prejudice, you listen open-minded and 'open-eared' the new songs, and you don't have your opinion about the Nu-GN'R or VR, before you have heard their music, and at least you give them the chance. Many Axl-lovers posted that they didn't like the new songs for the first 3, or 5, or 10, or 50 listens, but they kept listening it over and over again, and now they are totally into the songs - but after they have listened a low-mediocre recorded VR bootleg, they post that VR is shit.  peace

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2004, 05:35:20 PM »

but they kept listening it over and over again, and now they are totally into the songs - but after they have listened a low-mediocre recorded VR bootleg, they post that VR is shit

Well, everyone is going to have their first impressions.  Obviously, yeah, some people want VR to suck for their own personal reasons.  Myself?  I'll use this analogy.  GnR fans have been starving for a long time, and we just got thrown a cracker.  Well, I may like the cracker and appreciate the cracker, but I'm not going to say it's the best cracker I ever ate just because I'm starving.  

But everyone that does love it, that's cool too.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 05:41:17 PM »

How dare someone say Slash doesn't have class.

Axl is the one who ripped on Addler for his coke problem.

Axl ripped on how Izzy had a drinking problem and couldnt play.

Axl has countlessly ripped on Slash because slash didnt follow his every wish.

I love Axl Rose. I love his music. I love the fact he is an asshole.  No one can sit here and say Axl isnt an Asshole. How many fans has he cancelled shows and tours on? How many times did he arrive late. How many years has he held back his cd.  And I'm sure Buckethead really screwed him like Axl said. In Axl's world everyone has screwed him. Axl has mental demons he has to beat and realise everything isnt someone else's fault.

Now for someone to say something like Slash isnt a class act? Well that is crazy. Slash never starts saying things about Axl.

Slash wanted to support the new GnR. Remember Las Vegas? Where AXL wouldn't left Slash into the Hard Rock to see new GnR. Slash wants to see the new GnR album. He still has respect for Axl as a musician. I love Axl, but dont try and say he is a classact.

Slash is the Classact.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 06:10:18 PM »

How dare someone say Slash doesn't have class.
Dare he who says bad on thy god
No one can sit here and say Axl isnt an Asshole.
NO1 is making those claims HuhHuhHuh

How many fans has he cancelled shows and tours on? How many times did he arrive late.
Didnt stop gnr from being the biggest band in the world now did it?

How many years has he held back his cd
Oh so now your an asshole for not releasing a cd? Now i get it...
if we go by that slash has been an asshole until he releases contraband.
Oh i forgot godforbid we say anhting about slash. my bad

Now for someone to say something like Slash isnt a class act? Well that is crazy. Slash never starts saying things about Axl.
He always talking baout axl. Tell him to get off axls jock. What exactely has Axl started that got slash all pissed off at him. I love how both axl and slash fans make things up about both sides.its comical.

Slash wanted to support the new GnR. Remember Las Vegas? Where AXL wouldn't left Slash into the Hard Rock to see new GnR. Slash wants to see the new GnR album. He still has respect for Axl as a musician. I love Axl, but dont try and say he is a classact.
lol. I know slash went to that show because he loves the new band and was dieing to see them. Im not gonna claim I know what slash's intentions were in going to that show but either way he comes out looking good. So why not go and collect more of those brownie points.

Slash wants to see the new gnr album not because he loves the new band but because he wants to see why gnr broke up. He wants to see what "axls fuss" was all about. Please stop trying to paint a nice picture.

And axl has all the respect for slash as a guitarist. Please show me a quote that comes from axl that bashes slashs talents.....keep looking....

I like slash but please dont try and say hes a classact.

Dizzy
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 06:24:11 PM »

Didnt stop gnr from being the biggest band in the world now did it?

Axl did arrive late at old shows, but no tour was ever cancelled during the original lineup's heyday.

He always talking baout axl.

I like slash but please dont try and say hes a classact.

He's a class act, because firstly, he only talks about Axl when he's ASKED, which is often and natural, since Guns N Roses was and is Slash's mark on music history, and people are going to ask him about it.  Secondly, Slash doesn't make it a point to trash Axl at every turn like Axl does to him.

Yeah yeah yeah, Axl said Slash is a great guitarist.  I realize that.  Axl also said this.....  The guy [Slash] is a fucking dick.....they're the bad cops and I'm Serpico and they can suck my dick!

I guarantee you will never hear Slash making those sort of comments towards Axl.

Why?

Because Slash is a class act, that's why.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »

I have often wondered who VR's fan base is - having not even released an album they seem surprisingly popular...

I thought you backed out of this ridiculous viewpoint after I made it clear to you that the new GNR is in the same exact position...Well, was.  VR now actually has an album.

Axl gave us the best albums ever made

Oh, I forgot that those GNR albums were Axl solos...Wait, theyre not?  Then why would Axl get sole credit?   confused

vr is the best badn in the last 6-7 yrs
Oh so you become a great and relevant band by just showing up nowadays? I always thought you had to release an album or 2 first. Then if those album/s contain great material you then become a great band....but i never new you are a great band by just showing up...must have been away for awhile silly me.....

new gnr to me is the greatest band in the world

ok
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2004, 07:05:59 PM »

/jarmo

Ok fair enough if you think everyone is the same, but why do you constantly point these sort of things out to one side and not the other? It seems petty.

I don't take it personally, I'm just honestly tired of the divide between both sides. That's the main reason I rarely pay attention to the main board anymore. I'm tired of the same arguments regardless which "side" is starting them. I was hoping they'd cease over here but people have to come over and keep beating the same horse that died a decade ago. The whole thing has gone beyond the point of being silly.

I try to stay away from these type of arguments, but sometimes you can't help but be annoyed with a grown man sticking his tongue out while saying  "na na my hero is better than yours."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: