Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Before There Was Guns N' Roses, There Was Hollywood Rose...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Before There Was Guns N' Roses, There Was Hollywood Rose...  (Read 2161 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: May 27, 2004, 04:28:14 AM »

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3031

The Roots of Guns N' Roses To Be Released on June 22nd, Comprised of Pre-GNR Material and Additions From Gilby Clarke and Fred Coury

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Before Guns ?N Roses, there was?

HOLLYWOOD ROSE -- The Roots of Guns 'N Roses

DEADLINE MUSIC TO RELEASE ?THE ROOTS OF GUNS ?N ROSES? ON JUNE 22ND, BY HOLLYWOOD ROSE, THE BAND COMPRISED OF AXL ROSE, IZZY STRADLIN, CHRIS WEBER AND JOHHNY KREIS

Album features previously unreleased tracks as well as never-before heard studio recordings with new remixes by Gilby Clarke of GNR fame and Fred Coury of Cinderella.

Produced by Chris Weber, album also includes bonus guitar overdubs by Tracii Guns (Brides of Destruction, L.A. Guns) with liner notes by original GNR manager Vicky Hamilton.

Los Angeles, CA -- Indie juggernaut, Cleopatra Records announced that its hard rock/metal imprint Deadline Music will release The Roots Of Guns 'N Roses by Hollywood Rose, the band that included members who would later become one of the biggest rock ?n roll acts in the world, Guns 'N Roses. The release date has been set for June 22nd.

Comprised of Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Chris Weber and Johnny Kreis, Hollywood Rose recorded these tracks some twenty years ago. They have remained in a vault, nearly forgotten... until now.

Formed in 1984, the inception of Hollywood Rose was a chance meeting at the legendary Sunset Strip landmark, The Rainbow, between Chris Weber and Izzy Stradlin. Mutual friend Tracii Guns introduced the two guitarists who would become fast friends. Weber expressed interest in forming a band and Izzy suggested his childhood friend Bill Bailey, who would later change his name to Axl Rose, fill the vocalist spot. They enlisted drummer Johnny Kreis, who answered their ad in The Recycler, and began developing their powerfully charged brand of fiery glam rock by performing at such L.A. venues as Country Club, Troubadour and Music Machine just to name a few.

With little more than the desire to just be a rockin? band, Hollywood Rose went into a now defunct sixteen-track studio in Hollywood to lay down these five recordings, financed by Chris?s father. ?When we went into the studio to record these songs, there were no expectations, just a band of musicians creating art,? states guitarist Chris Weber. ?We weren?t trying to get a record deal or anything like that, we just wanted something to hand out to people at our shows. And at this time, we were all so broke that my dad ended up paying for our studio time,? reminisces Weber.

Included with the original, five track, unpolished gems are new remixes and mastering by Gilby Clarke (of GN?R fame), Fred Coury (Cinderella) and guitar overdubs by Tracii Guns (Brides Of Destruction, L.A. Guns). The sound is a musical hybrid of angst-ridden punk rock fueled by hook-laden guitar riffs. This highly anticipated release offers fans a glimpse into the beginnings of one of the greatest rock n? roll bands of all time.

Cleopatra Records is one of the premier leading independent record labels in the world. It proudly boasts releases by punk icons The Germs, Johnny Thunders and the godfather of electronic Gary Numan among many others. Its hard rock/metal imprint Deadline Music offers headbangers releases by such metal luminaries As Cinderella, Quiet Riot, L.A. Guns and Faster Pussycat, just to name a few. Cleopatra Records and its subsidiary labels are distributed exclusively by Navarre Corporation in North America and Canada.

Just another article on this upcoming release seems the dates been moved back by a few weeks
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 04:38:07 AM »

I cant wait to buy this.... this sounds sweet...
badapple81
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 04:39:31 AM »

That's great, thanks! I cant wait to listen to it!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 08:01:46 AM »

Can't wait for this cd sounds preety damn good.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 08:12:58 AM »

you know whats funny or "sad" i guess is this cd of old recordings is more interesting than any new cds by Korn or any other bands....  ill buy this the 1st day it comes out...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 11:00:07 AM »

Pushed back a few weeks...... Typical..... hihi
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 01:51:05 PM »

you know whats funny or "sad" i guess is this cd of old recordings is more interesting than any new cds by Korn or any other bands....  ill buy this the 1st day it comes out...

your not the only one that thinks that!

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 06:21:43 PM »

your not the only one that thinks that!

I know the feeling

It better be realeased in the UK

« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 06:23:37 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 06:43:54 PM »

Me too :-)

I hope its not like the VR single is - I went straight to Virgin this Monday to buy 'Slither' only to find it isn't being released?!?!?! I understand its not released in the states either? Why is that? Surely with them touring now is the ideal time??? I can understand wating in the UK until they tour here or something. Any news on UK dates?

Anyone know a website where I can get the Slither single from the UK? I've tried amazon.co.uk and play.com. Is it planned for release here soon?!! It don't make sense - why film a vid and put it on MTV but not release the single??

Back In Power
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: