Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:54:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Man, I really hope the reason for the delay isn't this...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man, I really hope the reason for the delay isn't this...  (Read 9447 times)
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« on: May 28, 2004, 02:09:26 PM »

So Fortus is in nyc watching Slash's new band. Buckethead is gone. Dizzy's playing his own shows. GnR, as it is now, isn't doing shit.......why?

i really hope the reason isn't b/c Axl's trying to become a better guitarist. If thats the case, GnR is over with.

The rest of the new GnR is just using him for $$$ and recognition.

This is all sad. The greatest rock band of all time has become a fucking joke! The VR show in nyc rocked, but it wasn't magical like MSG. Axl just doesn't realize how great he is.

Again, i hope he's not trying to become the guitarist for GnR.

- Greg
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the streets, time went by and it became a joke, we just needed more and more fullfilling uh huh, time went by and it all went up in smoke... no
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:33:41 PM »

Ya know...i just read the Matt n Duff interview...and not to bash Axl, cuz i love him....adore him...worship him

but...

its so painstakingly obvious that Axl is nuts. I just hope he doesn't do something harmful to himself. Its clear he's far gone. Well, maybe not far gone, but definely in his own world, with his own rules, with no sense of reality.

I mean, its as clear as that - its Axl's fault, 100%. thats my opinion. i used to think maybe slash or duff were being dicks or whatever. nooo, this band collapsed b/c on ONE PERSON --- Axl. Over with.

"My World"

- Greg
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 02:42:46 PM »

the album is done dont worry

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 02:57:07 PM »

Sure whatever you say buddy!  hihi

Just because it is done (assuming you are right) does't mean anything. You may have to wait to take it , "Out of his cold dead hands....."    hihi
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 02:58:50 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 03:12:51 PM »

Just because it is done (assuming you are right) does't mean anything. You may have to wait to take it , "Out of his cold dead hands....."    hihi

Laugh at dave all you want but I kinda beleive him. The album is done, it's just the "People In Charge" don't know when or how to release it.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
estranged.1098
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 03:21:05 PM »

Would you care to explain the "obvious"?

Ya know...i just read the Matt n Duff interview...and not to bash Axl, cuz i love him....adore him...worship him

but...

its so painstakingly obvious that Axl is nuts. I just hope he doesn't do something harmful to himself. Its clear he's far gone. Well, maybe not far gone, but definely in his own world, with his own rules, with no sense of reality.

I mean, its as clear as that - its Axl's fault, 100%. thats my opinion. i used to think maybe slash or duff were being dicks or whatever. nooo, this band collapsed b/c on ONE PERSON --- Axl. Over with.

"My World"
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 03:23:17 PM »

What's hilarious is the fact that if that's true and they don't release it soon, Axl will sue them for not releasing it, after they got his case thrown out on the grounds of HIM not releasing it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 03:24:54 PM »

i frankly think enough material has been done to put out the album for years now. There is a world of diffrence in Axl's world between having the album done and actually summoning the courage to release it. I totally believe its done, but the likelihood we actually see it....not quite so sure. Dave also told us not to worry that it would be out absolutely no later than like June of last year, so take his imput with a grain of salt as he would believe 2+2=5 if Axl said so.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 03:39:09 PM »

Laugh at dave all you want but I kinda beleive him. The album is done, it's just the "People In Charge" don't know when or how to release it.

I've been reading crap about this album for years now. Who knows.

Dave always says things like he knows exactly what is going on.

He said with the upmost certainty that last year it would be out during such and such time of year. Just like he is saying "It's finished" now. You'd think that somebody who was often wrong would stop, but he does not.

I'm not laughing at the guy really, I'm just saying "whatever dude!"
bill213
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 03:45:05 PM »

Um yeah right those "people in charge" that release hundreds of records a year and make millions upon millions must be doing something wrong......I can obviously see why they'd want to not consider releasing chinese democracy, I mean i'm sure they enjoy spending millions upon millions on it being made with no results.  Yeah and all the money they're reaping in on the greatest hits and the dvd's they had to release can go towards another 8 years of production and a few more bandmembers to pay for Axl. ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 03:46:19 PM »

Alright, release it now!

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 03:46:34 PM »

If you think Axl is such a fuckin joke and CD will never be released then WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOIN ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD?HuhHuh??
  Seems to me that you being here kinda makes you the fuckin joke

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 03:54:44 PM »

If you think Axl is such a fuckin joke and CD will never be released then WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOIN ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD?HuhHuh??

Calm down bro.

Many of us are huge Axl fans, myself included. But the silence and him fucking things up (IMO) are frustrating. Are we not allowed to vent a little?

I myself get tired of people that speculate and put it on the table as fact. I am very easy going about it compared to other people here. I never say "Dave you suck," or "Go to hell". I just say "whatever dude!" I actually admire Dave's loyality in a way.

I hang out on this board mostly in the Jungle. I will make jokes on Axl's behalf until something real happens again and then I'll forgive him and buy a ticket/cd.

No big deal.
bill213
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 03:59:52 PM »

hmm i'm on this message board BECAUSE I'VE BEEN A FAN OF GUNS N ROSES SINCE 1988  Shocked  haha calm down turd..........as loyal as I've been to Guns N Roses I'm authorized to make as many fucking jokes as i'd like until as slc said we're given something worth shutting up for.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Calm down bro.

Many of us are huge Axl fans, myself included. But the silence and him fucking things up (IMO) are frustrating. Are we not allowed to vent a little?

I myself get tired of people that speculate and put it on the table as fact. I am very easy going about it compared to other people here. I never say "Dave you suck," or "Go to hell". I just say "whatever dude!" I actually admire Dave's loyality in a way.

I hang out on this board mostly in the Jungle. I will make jokes on Axl's behalf until something real happens again and then I'll forgive him and buy a ticket/cd.

No big deal.

I'm not talkin about people who make Axl jokes. Some of them really made me laugh hard. Joking about him and criticising him are normal things,but some people on this board do nothing but say bad,hateful things about Axl and the new GNR,and it kinda makes me wonder: Don't they have anything better to do then talk about someting they're not into?

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 04:34:14 PM »

I think this is a good thing: Maybe that means that they are almost finish with the record, and that it's just some few things left to do.

I don't know if the album comes out very soon, but I think it is def. worth the wait when it comes out.

I only wish they can play some shows during 2004, and that we maybe hear a new song!...(?)
Peace...

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 05:06:44 PM »

Calm down bro.

No big deal.

I'm not talkin about people who make Axl jokes. Some of them really made me laugh hard. Joking about him and criticising him are normal things,but some people on this board do nothing but say bad,hateful things about Axl and the new GNR,and it kinda makes me wonder: Don't they have anything better to do then talk about someting they're not into?

I see what you are saying. There are certainly people who do the same thing with VR.

The answer to your question is : NO they don't have anything better to do... hihi
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 05:18:37 PM »

i really hope the reason isn't b/c Axl's trying to become a better guitarist. If thats the case, GnR is over with.

I must admit it is a concern of mine that one day Axl will anounce he is GNR's new lead guitarist - would be so weird

But

he has been playing guitar now since 1990 - in 14 years he surely has to have become technically profficient and while u can't learn ability like Slash has - he surely must be a fine guitarist in his own right - Slash had been playing for less than ten years when AFD was released.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 05:30:54 PM »

But he has been playing guitar now since 1990 - in 14 years he surely has to have become technically profficient and while u can't learn ability like Slash has - he surely must be a fine guitarist in his own right - Slash had been playing for less than ten years when AFD was released.....

Slash happened to be an individual who posesses stunning natural talent when it comes to the guitar...I can't see that Axl would have...

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: