Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 11:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eminem/Axl Mtv-2004 airing june10
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem/Axl Mtv-2004 airing june10  (Read 27348 times)
Annie
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2004, 11:41:26 PM »

I didn't really get it, because I didn't understand one word that they said.  But Eminem looked mighty cute dressed as Axl. Wink And He only had the costume on for like 5 seconds.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2004, 11:55:29 PM »

He only had the costume on for like 5 seconds.

yeah, it was quick wasn't it?

the other guys kept theirs on longer though
cineater
Legend

« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2004, 12:20:10 AM »

Axl gets more girls them Em and he knows it--lol--he did get a girl with that wig on.  Maybe the rest of you guys should try it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Jade
Opening Act

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2004, 11:38:40 AM »

Axl gets more girls them Em and he knows it--lol--he did get a girl with that wig on.  Maybe the rest of you guys should try it.

Haha true true.... ;)I love guys with long hair!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2004, 05:35:46 PM »

Here's the pic from the June 21, 2004 issue of Star mag.  Like everyone's been saying, he only had the wig & stuff on at the very beginning of his song and only for a few seconds at that.  The part where he mooned the audience was at the end of the song.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jade
Opening Act

« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2004, 06:49:31 PM »

*falls over laughing* WTF Lips Sealed? I like it I really do yes.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2004, 08:43:43 AM »

This probably belongs in the appetite for collection section of the forum, but since this thread is here already i will put it here. Feel free to move it.

You can download the performance here. You need Bittorrent though and a fast connection as the file is
85mb:

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/1928/D12-My.Band.[MTV.Movie.Awards.2004].XVCD-tV_g-mpg.torrent

Enjoy!

Jonx
Dizzy
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2004, 10:30:53 AM »

I missed that.. (Conan O'Brian's comments and the reaction).. what happened?

It was typically idiotic "Conan sucks" comments.  Conan cracked maybe three or four jokes on Axl (as opposed to the hundreds of jokes he makes about every other celebrity), and the Axl apostles here gave the typical reactions...

"Fuck Conan O'Brien!  He sucks!  He's not funny! etc"  The exact same replies as to the SNL pardoy of Axl.

I think raoxsle's comments were the most moronic.  He said something to the effect of "Conan's friendship with Slash motivated him to make these jokes."

First off, Conan doesn't even write the monologue jokes.  Secondly, Conan cracks thousands of jokes on Britney Spears.  I guess that means he has a friendship with Justin Timberlake, huh?  But wait a minute, he also cracks myriad Timberlake jokes.  So that mean he's friends with Britney too, right?  Wait a damn minute here....   nervous

You get the gist.
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2004, 09:59:20 PM »

Well, I thought the "performance" was pretty lame. It's no wonder why Eminem needs to dress up and needs gimmicks.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2004, 10:13:38 PM »

FYI, during the credits they show Eminem backstage before the D12 performance.  He looks at the camera, flashes the "devil horns", and says "Guns N' Roses is back together!"

hihi
Jade
Opening Act

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2004, 12:04:22 AM »

hmm I didn't watch it but I bet it sucked just like everything else he does. haha poor guy...he really needs to get a life. ;)blah drool
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2004, 08:45:11 AM »

Well, I watched the MTV Movie Music Awards, from beginning to end... and wow... it was incredibly boring.  The general dialogue / jokes were not even amusing, nor were the live performances... when D12 finally made their appearence, again, it was nothing too impressive.  Eminenim's backstage comments were more amusing than the actually performance.  

And that was that Smiley
Jade
Opening Act

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2004, 12:46:05 PM »

ha Cheesy
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2004, 10:26:15 PM »

I thought it was really cool to watch them pay homage to those classic old bands, but I couldn't help while watching it but be disappointed when I realized that the parody was more interesting to watch than the real thing (i.e. when they went back to their rapper threads).  Wonder what it would have been like to have watched MTV at the height of GN'R's success, back when an appearance by Axl Rose in public wasn't like a Bigfoot sighting.

The overall awards show was really lame, though.  Bad jokes, stupid meaningless "theme".  The only good parts were the D12 performance, the Beastie Boys, and Lindsay Lohan.  drool
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:30:20 PM by Mattman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: