Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 12:53:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  HeadBangers Ball
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HeadBangers Ball  (Read 2355 times)
astutej
Opening Act

« on: June 07, 2004, 02:16:58 PM »

Anyone have summary of their appearance? Please post
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 05:34:33 PM »

I turned it on about 40 percent through.  From what I hear, in the first 45 mins. they played the Live Era It's So Easy video and I believe Yesterdays as well.  The part I saw was great.  After every commercial break, they would talk to Dave, Matt, Duff, and Slash (Scott was not there; he was with his wife).  The guy asked them about the new album and all that basic stuff and also talked about the F Axl chant in Chicago and their relationship with him now.  Matt said he ran into Axl in a bathroom one time at a hotel; that's the only time any of them has talked with him since the breakup.  The best part were the videos; they played Sex Type Thing from STP, a video from the Cult (not sure if Matt was drummer here or not), and played Garden of Eden and Live Mr. Brownstone from Rio II (Matt complemented Axl here).  They closed the show with Slither.  Great to see these guys back in the spotlight.
bill213
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 07:38:36 PM »

Has matt ever elaborated on that story before......i've actually never heard him say that in any other interviews?  Anyone have info?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 07:54:55 PM »

Has matt ever elaborated on that story before......i've actually never heard him say that in any other interviews?  Anyone have info?

Yeah, I never heard that either and was kind of shocked to hear about...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 05:40:24 AM »

Man I wish I could have seen that. Damn.
astutej
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 11:10:26 AM »

I turned it on about 40 percent through.  From what I hear, in the first 45 mins. they played the Live Era It's So Easy video and I believe Yesterdays as well.  The part I saw was great.  After every commercial break, they would talk to Dave, Matt, Duff, and Slash (Scott was not there; he was with his wife).  The guy asked them about the new album and all that basic stuff and also talked about the F Axl chant in Chicago and their relationship with him now.  Matt said he ran into Axl in a bathroom one time at a hotel; that's the only time any of them has talked with him since the breakup.  The best part were the videos; they played Sex Type Thing from STP, a video from the Cult (not sure if Matt was drummer here or not), and played Garden of Eden and Live Mr. Brownstone from Rio II (Matt complemented Axl here).  They closed the show with Slither.  Great to see these guys back in the spotlight.

Thanks for the summary!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: