Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock in Rio Lisbon
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock in Rio Lisbon  (Read 2323 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« on: June 08, 2004, 07:48:09 AM »

This picture is taken from the RIR official website...

it basicly says

I came to RIR, GN'R Didn't...

well, in other news RIR 5 will be held in Lisbon in 2006, maybe by then GN'R will have something to promote other than a best of, and may be invited to play here... again hihi
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 08:11:47 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:43:15 PM »

You know, if someone said back in 2001 that GNR would be still to release an album in 2004, I'd said to fuck off. Now it's not safe to say that in 2006 we'll have CD for sure...  nervous
BTW, great pic, lol.  hihi

WalrusOct9
Headliner

one, two, three, fourteen

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »

Somehow I don't think Gn'R will be invited to play Rock In Rio again.  Even if Axl was to release an album and tour for a year beforehand, the liability would just be too much, considering how much planning, promotion, and money goes into such a huge event as RIR.  

Axl really blew it this time.  He can blame Buckethead all he wants, but that happened well over a month before the concert date.  With the rest of the band familiar with the material, a month is plenty of time to find at least a temporary guitarist who could fill in for that one show. (realize that in 2002, Robin took well over half the leads and solos in the set anyways)  It wouldn't have to have been a full time member, but with all the musical connections in the new band surely a temporary replacement could've been found.  Axl could've come on with this guy and the rest of the band and in one of his little speeches be like "this is _____, he worked his ass off the last four weeks so we could be here."  

But...it wasn't to be.  I think there were other reasons for the RIR cancellation besides Buckethead, but we'll never know.  In any case, I seriously doubt they will ever play RIR again.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 06:57:53 PM »

Somehow I don't think Gn'R will be invited to play Rock In Rio again.  Even if Axl was to release an album and tour for a year beforehand, the liability would just be too much, considering how much planning, promotion, and money goes into such a huge event as RIR.  

Axl really blew it this time.  He can blame Buckethead all he wants, but that happened well over a month before the concert date.  With the rest of the band familiar with the material, a month is plenty of time to find at least a temporary guitarist who could fill in for that one show. (realize that in 2002, Robin took well over half the leads and solos in the set anyways)  It wouldn't have to have been a full time member, but with all the musical connections in the new band surely a temporary replacement could've been found.  Axl could've come on with this guy and the rest of the band and in one of his little speeches be like "this is _____, he worked his ass off the last four weeks so we could be here."  

But...it wasn't to be.  I think there were other reasons for the RIR cancellation besides Buckethead, but we'll never know.  In any case, I seriously doubt they will ever play RIR again.

sad but true.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 07:02:40 PM »

Can't really say and don't really know but ain't Axl and Roberto Medina (guy behind RIR) suppose to be great friends or something...?

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 07:09:08 PM »

They could have got paul to play his old parts and have fortus play bhs parts.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 07:12:57 PM »

Nwo WHY THE FUCK will RIR 5 be in Lisbon again?? I mean, this one sucked big time. Portugal often receives big shows and stuff like that... Here in Brazil we get to see a big show just once in a while! Thats why 200 000 go to these kind of festivals here. Its dumb and unfair to make RIR in Lisbon again  Tongue
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 08:52:03 PM »

agreed... and Paul Tobias could have played if he were asked to play..... if Axl wanted to be there he could have been ....  shit i could have played the rythym for the setlists that hes been using ...  

Bottom line is if he wanted to be there he could have been ... him and Buckethead screwed RIR .. the event originizers.. the people who bought tickets to see GnR..

This cancellation did it for me... I dont give a fuck if CD ever comes out or not anymore... too many dissapointments with not even a single or an interview or even a decent website have made this Life long fan a very bitter fan and totally aloof to the CD project....

haha not to mention the greatest day of my life (link below) made me realize how artists should treat thier fans... Sixx and Gunns even hooked me up with a tattoo..

would Axl Rose? no way.. he wont even talk to his fans... 6 months ago i would have never said anything bad about Axl Rose.... Today i cant think of anything to say about him other than "hes a good singer and great front man"  other than that he seems like a piece of shit to me..  and im sure the RIR promoters dont appreceate being screwed anymore than the fans do....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: