Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:46:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  brian plays the blues?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: brian plays the blues?  (Read 4855 times)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« on: June 08, 2004, 03:29:41 PM »

only speculation im afraid. its common knoledge with most gnr fans that have been following the chin dem saga that brian may has been in the studio to record "a few tracks" with guns yeah? okay. well i just listend to "the blues" the pittsburg version i think and it struck me how much the guitar solo reminded me of brian mays playing... you know the style and everything and i was wandering if this could have been one of the tunes that mr.may played on (originaly of course) i was wandering what any of you guys thought on this observation... other possible discussion points: do you think brian may will still feature on the new album? how would you feel about him becoming a full time member of guns (although hes lacking the gnr attitude of course) cheers for hearing me out..... smoking
estranged.1098
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 03:48:11 PM »

Someone asked Robin Finck's webmaster and he confirmed Robin wrote the guitar solo for The Blues.

As for May in the band, you should check out his interview available on www.newgnr.com.
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 04:03:47 PM »

Someone asked Robin Finck's webmaster and he confirmed Robin wrote the guitar solo for The Blues.

As for May in the band, you should check out his interview available on www.newgnr.com.

sorry dude, i cant find that interview yr talking about. someones gonna have to point it out to me.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 04:11:24 PM »

go to Multimedia and audio and the the May interview will be there its from 1999 though so quite a while back

EEEERRRR Little boy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 04:29:25 PM »

I guess he's talkin about the outro solo, the Fortus duet with Axl in the ending. In Boston Promo Studio Cuts it reminds me a lot of Brian May too, but I dunno. Maybe it's only Fortus style with echoes of May.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 06:49:25 PM »

I guess he's talkin about the outro solo, the Fortus duet with Axl in the ending. In Boston Promo Studio Cuts it reminds me a lot of Brian May too, but I dunno. Maybe it's only Fortus style with echoes of May.

I think fortus wrote the outro to the blues since it was never there until he joined the band

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 11:50:43 PM »

Yeap! Brian May was in studio with GNR before 2001, but the blues' outro solo appeared for the first time on Tacoma, 2002.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 12:09:53 AM »

Maybe the May part was already there, but only Fortus played like him and Axl agreed to put the outro solo in the song. I dunno, the slow tempo was in that studio clip (and they started to play like this in 2002, I guess). The solo was there too.
Anyone knows if the song was played with the slow tempo in both Las Vegas 2001/2002 shows?

estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 02:12:19 AM »

Since Fortus plays it differently everytime I guess it's not written by Brian May.

I also don't think the tempo is something they changed in the song - it was just playing it "wrong" live because they were still not used to doing the song live.
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 05:27:08 AM »

I've always speculated that Brian might play those "screaming" guitar parts on Madagascar.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 05:46:05 PM »

go to Multimedia and audio and the the May interview will be there its from 1999 though so quite a while back

cheers man... interesting interview...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 07:32:56 PM »

I love the blues it does sound very like Queen but Brain worked with them like 1999 lol

EEEERRRR Little boy
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 07:39:22 PM »

i think there will be a number of special guest's on CHI-DEM including Mr. Brian May, if he helped Axl out then i think Axl would have the decency to put him on the album

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 07:54:02 PM »

Very early on i was told by afreind of mine that buckethead was brian may. So I actually thought he was the guy before i looked into it.

Maybe axl should just try to convince may to wear the bucket gettup and join the band for good hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 02:04:59 AM »

Very early on i was told by afreind of mine that buckethead was brian may. So I actually thought he was the guy before i looked into it.

Maybe axl should just try to convince may to wear the bucket gettup and join the band for good hihi

If you heard any newer interviews with May he has no plans to tour EVER again. He said he's too old to do any touring and wont be joining any new bands

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 01:02:56 PM »

Well...there's joining "other bands" and there's joining Guns N' Roses. We know Brian respects the hell out of Axl, has a very high opinion of his new material and would likely have a very high opinion of his new pay-check if he signed on. I gotta believe joining GN'R would be at least something that Brian would have to "think about". I would love to see it personally. I think Brian is the type of calming/experienced influence that could both help Axl reign-in his brilliant talents and give him the self-confidence to put out CD and be judged. Brian has certainly handled brilliant, yet troubled frontmen before... and in that regard he could be helpful to the rest of the band as well as they deal with Axl on tour, etc. It would be the best personel decision W. Axl Rose ever made if he could pull it off.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 02:17:15 PM »

Brian has certainly handled brilliant, yet troubled frontmen before...

Did you realise you were still typing?  Roll Eyes

That's a pile of fucking crap. Freddie Mercury was his own person, who worked tirelessly without any form of coaxing from anyone.

And anyway, Brian's only been in 2 long term bands before: Queen and his own band, of which he was the frontman...

I'd advise you not to talk shit about Queen on this board, I know as much about Queen as Jarmo does about GN'R.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 03:31:35 PM »

Whoah... easy killer. Perhaps "handled" wasn't the right word. I really mean "worked with" or "handled working with" a talented, complex frontman. I would never suggest that Brian told Freddie what to do or coaxed him etc. Freddie was his own man (was he ever) and so is Axl (is he ever).

I was taking it more from the perspective that we know Axl worships Freddie and having someone around who worked with Freddie might be helpful and in some way "confidence inspiring" for Axl if after a couple weeks Brian just said to him..."This cd is awesome man. I think you should put it out." Given Brian's history/credibility that would probably hold a lot more water than one of Axl's 200 "Yes" Men saying the exact same thing. That's all.

BTW, Queen rocks. You won't see me talking sh1t about them anywhere.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: