Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does GN'R exist?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does GN'R exist?  (Read 4002 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« on: June 09, 2004, 10:12:59 AM »

I didn't want to offend anyone with a topic like this, but some of you adviced me to do this.

So... tell me what an existing band should do:

-writing songs?
-recordings?
-rehearsals?
-tours?
-meeting sometimes?

Should they do all of the above? Which is not needed to call it an existing band?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 10:15:03 AM »

It is a band until an official statement is made that there is no longer a band. Just my opinion.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 10:43:57 AM »

At the VMA's Axl said that they would be back in the studio after the American leg of the tour and take if from there.

But they didn't get back. Every 'band'member is on holiday since then. This band does not exist. I wonder when they've met all together or only with Axl, 'cause it's been months they had a conversation with Axl - on telephone.

You saying that they didn't get back is pure speculation on your part.  So is saying that every band member has been on holiday since then.

Just because there is a comment from a band member about last speaking to axl on the phone a few months ago does not prove either of your statements.

Just because the band members have done/been doing solo work doesn't prove your statement.

You said they didn't get back.  I say they did.  Don't argue things that can't be proved right now.

Great idea, I will start a new topic. But Tommy said that after the 2002 'tour' the band went to holiday. Later he said that they'll be back together rehearsing from 2003 September. It didn't happen, Tommy has been doing his solo album since then. Maybe they have a new bass player?

Richard Fortus said that he recorded his parts 2 years ago, then went to the tour, and nothing.

Robin Finck's on holiday, working on his new look.

Aunt Ger can surely tell if Dizzy did any work with the other guys in the last 18 months.

Buckethead left.

That's it.

Psst...  there are things that go on that we don't know about.
Believe it or not - its not like everything that goes on is posted abot on the internet.  There are people who know things who don't talk about it on the internet.  Shocked

shocking, isn't it!  Grin

It is a band until an official statement is made that there is no longer a band. Just my opinion.

ok
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 10:47:06 AM »

Believe it or not - its not like everything that goes on is posted abot on the internet.  There are people who know things who don't talk about it on the internet.  Shocked

It's quite sad when somebody's out of arguments, isn't it? Then they can onlysay we don't know everything.

PS: I know I post it on the internet, but I tell you a secret. Axl has recorded 10 albums, and the band right now is touring in the next galaxy with great success, billions and billions of little green people adore him and the other band members. A well-known guitarist replaces Buckethead, called Zigga-Zugga Zaggala, who has 24 arms and plays 12 guitars on the same time and he's much more rapid fire than Buckethead, whom he ate for dinner yesterday. Psst!

Rollin' on the streets
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 10:49:35 AM »

ok

If it's that all we can get from a band, then I'm quite satisfied. GN'R is stronger than ever.

Rollin' on the streets
madagas
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 10:59:44 AM »

I don't consider a band a band until they release a record of their own material. For instance, I really don't consider Traci Guns as ever being a part of Gnr-they never released recorded songs together. Thus, until I see an albums worth of released songs written by Fincky and the boys, I only consider them hired musicians-some studio musicians-some touring-some just psychological support for our fallen angel. Personally, I have wiped the past clean for Gnr-nothing in the past matters, not the 2001-2002 shows, not all the lineup changes. The only thing that counts is tomorrow and the only people who count are the ones who end up on the final version of the record. Just my opinion. Undecided
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 11:38:27 AM by madagas » Logged
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 11:07:54 AM »

GnR Exsit in history books,  Axls mind, and long time fans hopes....

but is GnR a band?? fuck no... its not a band... its an originization, ..Its a buisness ...

GnR does not tour...
GnR does not release music...
GnR does not practice or rehearse...
GnR does not have a guitar player..
GnR does not have an active website..
GnR does not have any upcoming dates..

Bands have these things.... GnR does not...

Its nothing but broken promises and cancelled dates...
Its shit now....

GnR is not a "band"... there is no "band"
GnR is a buisness originzation...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 11:20:01 AM »

GnR does not tour...
GnR does not release music...
GnR does not practice or rehearse...
GnR does not have a guitar player..
GnR does not have an active website..
GnR does not have any upcoming dates..

Bands have these things.... GnR does not...

Wow, breathe dude!

G'n'R did tour (Sort of hihi)
They are workin on releasing music (We hope nervous)
How the hell do we know if they practice or not?
they have 2 guitarists
I didn't know a web page was a must for a band!
and they will tour IF they ever release an album

As far as we know G'n'R still exists. And until Axl throws in the towel and publically says so, there is still a G'n'R

Its nothing but broken promises and cancelled dates...
Its shit now....

Too true Sad

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 11:43:56 AM »

It's quite sad when somebody's out of arguments, isn't it? Then they can only say we don't know everything.

PS: I know I post it on the internet, but I tell you a secret. Axl has recorded 10 albums, and the band right now is touring in the next galaxy with great success, billions and billions of little green people adore him and the other band members. A well-known guitarist replaces Buckethead, called Zigga-Zugga Zaggala, who has 24 arms and plays 12 guitars on the same time and he's much more rapid fire than Buckethead, whom he ate for dinner yesterday. Psst!

Just because I said there are things going on that we dont' know about -why do you have to make a stupid example.. like 'oh then I guess all this is happening and we just don't know about it. '

Me saying that I believe GN'R (still)exists and that they are working an album release IS NOT the same as saying "oh there is life on Mars..."

You reference all these tidbits about stuff you have heard/read about on the internet,etc. as pointing to what you say means that they are not a band anymore.

And I replied that there are things that go on that are not posted about on the internet.  I wasn't making a far fetched blanket statement from out of the blue that anything is possible.

I saw a band play live 4 times between 2001 and 2002.  I heard them play songs that they wrote.  I heard and saw audio and video recordings of several other shows and seen them perform live on TV.  I have heard and seen quotes from several bandmembers that say they are in this band and their frontman released a statement giving the fans an update on the status of the band.

Do you want to tear apart those things?
Go right ahead.  They are not proof the the same way what you said is not proof.

Its obvious you are frustrated becuase what I said in the first place is true and pretty much is the bottom line.
I heard this - you heard that...   blah blah blah
You can' t prove your theory.

In science, in the absence of proof - the previous understood facts stand.  You can not dispute the fact that GN'R did exist in the form in which they toured in 2002.  Therefore, without proof to the contrary, then that fact still stands.

Life on Mars has never been a fact.  So I wouldn't get into an arguement about wheter there was still life on Mars, now would I.  Grin
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 11:50:20 AM »

And I replied that there are things that go on that are not posted about on the internet.  I wasn't making a far fetched blanket statement from out of the blue that anything is possible.

it seemed that you were insinuating that you knew what was going and others did not and that you were "in the loop via the internet" and he was not... thats why he made fun of you.....

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 11:55:06 AM »

Do any of us really exist?

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 01:46:27 PM »

That's all it takes to be in a band??

Well shit then, I guess I have a band.  We are also recording the greatest album ever.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 01:48:14 PM »

That's all it takes to be in a band??

Well shit then, I guess I have a band.  We are also recording the greatest album ever.

Good for you ASSHOLE!! have you also played international dates and festivals?

K-Rock
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 10:42:23 PM »

It's a valid question.

Does GN'R still exist.  

I wonder.  

Dizzy & Tommy are off doing their own thing.  

Robin's taking pictures of birds and Chickenhead flew the coup.

Is Brain recording drums parts for the Les Claypool project??

Will we ever see Chinese Democracy??  Will we ever see democracy in China??

Too many questions surrounding this band with NO-ONE giving answers.

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 11:07:23 PM »

I don't consider a band a band until they release a record of their own material. For instance, I really don't consider Traci Guns as ever being a part of Gnr-they never released recorded songs together. Thus, until I see an albums worth of released songs written by Fincky and the boys, I only consider them hired musicians-some studio musicians-some touring-some just psychological support for our fallen angel. Personally, I have wiped the past clean for Gnr-nothing in the past matters, not the 2001-2002 shows, not all the lineup changes. The only thing that counts is tomorrow and the only people who count are the ones who end up on the final version of the record. Just my opinion. Undecided

What about bands who haven't gotten signed by a label?  There are lots of bands playing in bars all around the world...and lots of them play original music.  But, I would think that a group that only plays covers would still be considered a band.   A band is a group of people who get together to make music.  Simple but accurate in my opinion.  
Old Man In Chains
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 11:32:17 PM »

At this point, Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses.  So following that logic as long as Axl exists, Guns N' Roses exists.  Normally I would say that one man does not constitute a band, but I am sure Axl have has enough people in his head to to field a football team - let alone a band.  So I guess GNR does technically exist, but for me any remanants of the real GNR vanished when Izzy left.  

With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 12:47:15 AM »

What about bands who haven't gotten signed by a label?
My thoughts exactly. My sister has a friend who's been in a band for years, cut a few records back in the day, and plays clubs from time to time.  He's considered in a band, no?

As far as what makes a band a band? Official word stating otherwise is part of it. Creed was done months ago, but the "official word" was released like last week. There are some band who never really break up. Or record. Does that make them not a band because they decide not to do anything for awhile? Look at KISS. They've had a farewell tour like three times. And they're still "going". I guess.

Does Guns N Roses exist? Im the original AFD form, no. In the UYI form, no. But in some sort of mixed up crazy form, I believe, IMO, that some form of GNR DOES exist. Everyone has their opinion, and that's mine. Axl exists, and whatever forn the rest of GNR takes is his buisness.

I BELIEVE AXL!! DON'T LET ME DOWN!!

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 12:57:11 AM »

A band that hasn't done anything does not count as a band IMO. They haven't released an album. I'm talking about the new band here. Not Axl touring with 95% AFD material.

I'm sure there are other bands who aren't signed singing their own songs. And they are doing more then 'GnR' are right now. They are a group...GnR (right now) aren't.

If you consider them a group because they may be practicing somewhere, and may be releasing an album one day that's fine. But my definition of a group would include the word "active" and "album".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 12:58:09 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: