Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:53:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HERE IS A THOUGHT....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HERE IS A THOUGHT....  (Read 2663 times)
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: June 10, 2004, 01:27:41 AM »

this was a thread i began at mygnr.com forum but a certain mod over there is so in love with axl she thought this would threaten the thoughts of some of the other axl lovers.

how would you react to this if it was news?..."Axl Rose has quit GNR, Duff has replaced stinson and they have a no name singer fronting them now".

would it still be GNR to you people who think its GNR now?  

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 01:55:49 AM »

Its simple, gnr is not gnr with out axl.
Basically VR is what gnr would be like without Axl.
Its just not gnr at all now is it?

Axl started Gnr with Tracii guns, hence the name Guns N Roses.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 01:57:19 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bill213
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 01:56:45 AM »

I'm personally not gonna waste my braincells even answering this question......it's gotta be the most stupid post i've ever witnessed on here.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 02:19:50 AM »

true it isnt gnr without axl, i would never ever debate that.  but, its not gnr without the others.  5 guys wrote the songs to appetite, not one.  the guys in that lineup with the exception of steven are irreplaceable.  steven didnt do much writing and matt made a really good fit for the band.  now had steven actually written a bunch of material that would of been a different story.  

i mean, you dont replace those other guys, theres no replacement on earth for them.  GNR could of only been started by those 5 guys.  had they not joined nothing would of happened.  that chemistry was automatic when they got together and nothing can make that kind of chemistry unless its those 5 guys.  i highly doubt that chemistry could ever be matched it they did get back with each other.  i have a hard time believing it would be genuine if they got back together.

why some people think its ok if axl is still in the band is because hes the lead singer.  lead singers and guitar players are the ones who get noticed the most in bands.  its been like that forever and will always be like that.  those people are morons though and they think that the singer must be the one who does everything in a band.  

axl has said it himself.  "we get off on each other and it wouldnt be like that with anybody else"  not an exact quote but very close.

point is that GNR was created from those 5 guys.  yeah traci and axl started it but nothing happened untill those 4 guys steped in.  a band like gnr could never be matched again.  those kind of things are magic and beauty.  you cant start throwing in all new ingredients and think its the same thing.  those new guys dont even have chemistry with each other on stage.  its sickening to watch that stuff.  axl is doing all the writing anyway.  those guys had nothing to do with GNR so what makes them a part of it now? because axl owns the name and they are who he picked?  its sad to see a name get tarnished by people who haev no idea of the concept of a band and a brotherhood.  

its like replacing your mother or father.  when your parents get divorced and marry somebody else you dont call that step parent mom or dad, you call them by their name.  why do you do this? because its not your mom or your dad.

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 02:28:14 AM »

Huh?? So if Axl decided to quit... and Tracii Guns stepped in as a new guitarist/singer, then it would still be Guns N' Roses?

Or did you just say that as a "Fun Fact of the Day"??   yes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 08:57:05 AM »

No I think, Traci Guns Started Guns 'N Roses

Two kids from Indiana (I think), Axl & Izzy "Moved to the City" and ran into these two guys (Duff and Steven) who were in a band with this Guy named Tracii (Who needed a Singer). After a bit the came up with the name Guns 'N Roses because Tracii Guns and Axl Rose and Duff "Rose" McKagan, hence Guns (tracii) and his roses (Duff & Axl) Tracii then didn't like the way the band was going and left. Steven knew this guy (Slash) who played guitar and then they kept the name and there you have it.

Its something like that anyway.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 08:57:44 AM by Neemo » Logged

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 09:27:22 AM »

Two kids from Indiana (I think), Axl & Izzy "Moved to the City" and ran into these two guys (Duff and Steven) who were in a band with this Guy named Tracii (Who needed a Singer). After a bit the came up with the name Guns 'N Roses because Tracii Guns and Axl Rose and Duff "Rose" McKagan, hence Guns (tracii) and his roses (Duff & Axl) Tracii then didn't like the way the band was going and left. Steven knew this guy (Slash) who played guitar and then they kept the name and there you have it.

Um, not to get too technical here, but I'm pretty sure Duff joined after Slash and Steven joined, who joined after Traci Guns and his drummer quit.  Guns N' Roses was originally formed by joining Traci's band LA Guns with Axl's band, Hollywood Rose.  Duff, Steven, and Slash were not involved until later.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 09:31:08 AM »

Um, not to get too technical here, but I'm pretty sure Duff joined after Slash and Steven joined, who joined after Traci Guns and his drummer quit.  Guns N' Roses was originally formed by joining Traci's band LA Guns with Axl's band, Hollywood Rose.  Duff, Steven, and Slash were not involved until later.

Oh sorry. It's been a while since I was up on my G'n'R history. I was always under the impression though that the "Roses" in Guns 'N Roses were Axl & Duff. Am I wrong?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 09:39:46 AM »

Actually in the history part of this site it says Axl & Tracii start LA Guns then Axl leaves and forms Hollywood rose w/ Izzy then Tracii come into the fold and they get Duff and anotherguy then Call themselves Guns 'N Roses.  Then Tracii quits, then Steven and Slash join because Duff knew them from another band he was in with them.

See I was close!

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 10:10:04 AM »

Actually in the history part of this site it says Axl & Tracii start LA Guns then Axl leaves and forms Hollywood rose w/ Izzy then Tracii come into the fold and they get Duff and anotherguy then Call themselves Guns 'N Roses.  Then Tracii quits, then Steven and Slash join because Duff knew them from another band he was in with them.

See I was close!

Guess so!  Good work!  ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 09:21:04 PM »

would it still be GNR to you people who think its GNR now?  

Well, this leaves me out of it because I hardly think of it as Guns N' Roses, even that's what it supposedly is. To me, it's Axl. And in the situation that you said, with Duff being in it, I would think of it as Duff.

But to answer your question, people would probably get pissed off if it were only Duff under the GNR name, because people would assume he thinks that he, by himself, is GNR, and that he would be using the GNR name to sell. Some people aren't so happy that Axl is using the name, so people probably wouldn't think it's okay for Duff to do it either.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: