Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead still in GNR ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead still in GNR ?  (Read 6071 times)
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« on: June 11, 2004, 07:56:12 AM »

I was wondering if the whole case about Buckethead leaving the band is one big hoax from Axl and his management just to buy time for further cd-recording. Why on earth would Axl keep Buckethead?s guitar-parts on the cd if the guitarplayer isn?t considered a part of the gnr-future? Axl is a perfectionist - especially about this release - so it fits very bad in the overall picture of him.

Another thought is that Axl?s protests against the 2004-release of Greatest Hits, claiming that it would cause a delay of Chinese Democracy, could also be a very well planned act to deflect the public and fans in general to anything else but the new album. How much time and money did Axl actually spend on the lawsuit against Geffen? I know it?s just a thought but it hasn?t exactly been inconvenient for him to get more time - hasn?t it?

I wouldn?t be surprised at all if a "new problem" turns up within the next months and that we will suddenly see Buckethead back in the fold as soon as Chinese Democracy is out in public. He was probably never out. All "problems" will be forgotten.

Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 08:05:48 AM »

No, Buckethead is NOT in GN'R...

They wouldn't have said that to "buy" time.
I think Axl takes his time anyway, as he has done the lst years!

But, it will be a monster of an album!  yes

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
El_Mariachi
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:29:20 AM »

I'm very surprised 2 hear that Bucketheads parts well still b on the album...as if he used GN'R 2 further his own solo career. Like Uncle Axl seems 2 think in his Rock in Rio 4 statement..then i would have thought he would have removed Bucket from the record. Just as Gilby re-recorded Izzy's parts on some of the TSI songs...so that Izzy would be removed from the record.

Axl isn't the type of guy 2 forgive n' forget.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 10:05:58 AM »

I'm very surprised 2 hear that Bucketheads parts well still b on the album...as if he used GN'R 2 further his own solo career. Like Uncle Axl seems 2 think in his Rock in Rio 4 statement..then i would have thought he would have removed Bucket from the record. Just as Gilby re-recorded Izzy's parts on some of the TSI songs...so that Izzy would be removed from the record.

Axl isn't the type of guy 2 forgive n' forget.

But Axl is a smart guy and if he knows that with BHs parts on the album, the album is great then he will leave them, maybe he thinks if they are taken off it will make the album not as good

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 10:28:30 AM »

I don't think it's part of any plot or scheme, but I just feel that Buckethead will re-enter the fold whenever Axl is actually ready to put this baby out and hit the road. If he's proud of his work, and if Axl keeps his work on the album, I suspect the musician's pride in him will take over and he will want to be the one performing it on stage. In a pinch, this will be the easiest solution for the band too.

But this would be a good and bad thing for GN'R though... BH is an awesome artist and it helps keep the whole "consistency" of the new band in tact if he's there, but he's as unpredictable and unreliable as Axl himself. Everytime you go to a show- you'll have to hold your breath that both Axl and BH show-up. Sometimes, I really do feel sorry for Dizzy, Robin, Tommy, Richard and Chris.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 11:49:12 AM »

"But Axl is a smart guy and if he knows that with BHs parts on the album, the album is great then he will leave them, maybe he thinks if they are taken off it will make the album not as good"

Axl also knows he'll get more sales if BH is on the album.  BH fans buy a lot of other musicians music just because BH is on the album. Personally I'll be less motivated to run out and buy CD if BH isn't on it...not saying I won't buy it, but the sense of excitement\urgency will be gone (especially since Tommy's doing his own stuff also) hopefully the stuff on CD will be better than what we've heard so far ok

As far as BH showing up? Are you kidding me?! That was not the problem in 2002 and I wouldn't doubt that Axl's "band abandoning" behavior contributed to BH leaning towards leaving GNR in the first place! drool
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 12:05:34 PM »

Why on earth would Axl keep Buckethead?s guitar-parts on the cd if the guitarplayer isn?t considered a part of the gnr-future? Axl is a perfectionist - especially about this release - so it fits very bad in the overall picture of him.

We've all seen the long list of guests like Moby and Brian May contributing to Chinese Democracy. I don't see how keeping Buckethead's parts would be any different from that.

Edit: Hmmmm.... I just remembered there was all of that shit between Eminem and Moby. With Moby's appearance on Chinese Democracy, could that be the reason Eminem did that mock GN'R performance at the Movie Awards?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 12:07:35 PM by justynius » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 12:50:44 PM »

Edit: Hmmmm.... I just remembered there was all of that shit between Eminem and Moby. With Moby's appearance on Chinese Democracy, could that be the reason Eminem did that mock GN'R performance at the Movie Awards?
No, it's a pretty small reason to make such a huge joke - btw, didn't think it was funny 'cause newGNR it's kinda old news (if Eminem did this back in 2002 it would be funny - at least for him).
And Moby didn't work that much with GNR, guess his work will not be in the album. I think Moby just heard some new material and re-recorded AFD but didn't produced anything.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 01:23:32 PM »

Believe me- I love BH as much as anybody, but his commitment to this project has been called into question by both Axl and Tommy and his behavior the last couple years has been "bizarre" to say the least: feuding with Robin, telling Axl he was "happy to be back in the band" when noone was aware that he ever had left, that whole "illness" thing in the Summer of 2001 that I don't believe anyone has gotten the real dirt on and now dropping out before RIR Lisbon. Maybe he would be fine if everything is moving along- but he's basically another unknown quantity added on to a band that already has the biggest unknown quanity in the history of rock.

But like I said... I expect BH will return to GN'R before it's all said and done though...so it should get interesting no matter what.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 02:25:53 PM »

Just as Gilby re-recorded Izzy's parts on some of the TSI songs...so that Izzy would be removed from the record.

Wasn't Izzy already gone??? Cause he left before Don't cry was released as a video. TSI came out like 2 years later. And Gilby wasn't around yet when UYI's were released.  Gilby had to learn a bunch of tunes real quick for UYI tour thats all.  And Axl was on Gilby's first Album, after Gilby quit, because Axl wouldn't give him creative duties!! Not really any hard feelings there.

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 02:45:44 PM »

Spaghetti was recorded at various times I think.
Some where done in the Illusion sessions so thats why Izzy recorded some.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 03:07:34 PM »

I was wondering if the whole case about Buckethead leaving the band is one big hoax from Axl and his management just to buy time for further cd-recording.  

Thats crazy enough to be the truth.....

Seems unlikely he is still in the band - but we have no evidence to support a view either way (the ramblings of Richard and Dizzy can be largley ignored they have no idea whats going on)

I still live in hope he will rejoin the band.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 03:17:44 PM »

I was wondering if the whole case about Buckethead leaving the band is one big hoax from Axl and his management just to buy time for further cd-recording.  

Thats crazy enough to be the truth.....

Seems unlikely he is still in the band - but we have no evidence to support a view either way (the ramblings of Richard and Dizzy can be largley ignored they have no idea whats going on)

I still live in hope he will rejoin the band.....

Wasn't Slash leaving supposed to be a Hoax as well?  Bucket's gone, Im afraid. no

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 11:08:08 PM »

im fully  confused about all this shit.

i want him back but i dont if he's gonna fuck around.
i am starting to beleive he will be back very quickly once its about to be unleashed

.......................................................hurrythefuckup rant

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 08:24:34 PM »

No, it's a pretty small reason to make such a huge joke - btw, didn't think it was funny 'cause newGNR it's kinda old news (if Eminem did this back in 2002 it would be funny - at least for him).
And Moby didn't work that much with GNR, guess his work will not be in the album. I think Moby just heard some new material and re-recorded AFD but didn't produced anything.

I'm not saying Eminem mocked GN'R simply because Moby helped with the record. But, when someone is a guest artist on one of your records, you are usually at least friends with them. Given Axl's nature, that might have been reason enough for shit to start up with Eminem (that maybe we don't know about).
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 08:28:01 PM »

I was wondering if the whole case about Buckethead leaving the band is one big hoax from Axl and his management just to buy time for further cd-recording. Why on earth would Axl keep Buckethead?s guitar-parts on the cd if the guitarplayer isn?t considered a part of the gnr-future? Axl is a perfectionist - especially about this release - so it fits very bad in the overall picture of him.

Another thought is that Axl?s protests against the 2004-release of Greatest Hits, claiming that it would cause a delay of Chinese Democracy, could also be a very well planned act to deflect the public and fans in general to anything else but the new album. How much time and money did Axl actually spend on the lawsuit against Geffen? I know it?s just a thought but it hasn?t exactly been inconvenient for him to get more time - hasn?t it?

I wouldn?t be surprised at all if a "new problem" turns up within the next months and that we will suddenly see Buckethead back in the fold as soon as Chinese Democracy is out in public. He was probably never out. All "problems" will be forgotten.

Interesting  thought.I would have thought Brain would have followed bUcket out in the first place.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 03:06:58 AM »

some posters are in a state of denial i think, come on! a hoax? that's ridiculous. Why would they do something like that?

What Goes around comes around!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 04:04:01 AM »

Didnt Axl also comment that Josh Freese would still be on the album a few years back after Josh left for APC?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 06:34:25 AM »

I Think if Axl had the choice he would re-record Bucketheads parts, which leads me to believe that he thinks Bucket will come back. If you go and download the Brian May Interview (cant remember where from) he says that the reason he was called in was to re record some guitar parts the some guitarist had played. He said that Axl had become 'quite attached to' them and the album didnt feel right with them on.

(Got some friends to try and ask Brian May if he knew what was going on with Axl at the mo. He was down in Selsey near where i live, with the Astronomer Patrick Moore watching the Venus flyby. A couple of my friends from school who did A Level Astronomy went to the party he held, which Brian May attended but they didnt 'feel right asking him' about Axl and the Album...... Bastards!!)

Anyway, either Axl has changed his attitude, which is a possibility as the interview is quite old, he is under pressure to get the Album out and really cant afford the time to re record Buckets parts. Or finally, he believes that Bucket will come back at some point in the future, hence not re recording the parts.

Also how many songs/albums are we talking about here? I mean Axl must have so much material recorded, if Chinese Democracy turns out to be just one album of say 12 - 13 songs, im not going to be very satisfied. Axl needs to go one step further than illusions and release Chinese Democracy as a 3 album epic with 2 bonus DVDs documenting the entire 'making of' process over the past 6 years. That would be something !!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 01:53:16 PM »

We've all seen the long list of guests like Moby and Brian May contributing to Chinese Democracy. I don't see how keeping Buckethead's parts would be any different from that.
MOby was a producer not playing on the album.....

ANyways....the reason why Buckethead will probably be on the album is because he was part of the band. Brian MAy and any other guitarist who came a long and added something musically were not. They were just there to jam and contribute and give gnr options musically.

Around 2001 that is when the band became solidified. Bucket was a pivotal member to the band. He wasnt just some guitarist Axl wanted to play with and record with. He was part of the band like the rest of them.

A lot of people have this idea that Axl is just hiring these players because of talents. To an extent that is the case, but he has also made sure that the right band has evolved. My point is Axl wasnt going to go ahead with new gnr until a band was formed. Not a bunch of people playing on a record. WHether you want to believe that is up to you. But that band was Tommy,dizzy,finck,bucket,fortus,chris and brain. That was and is the band that Axl will introduce the to the world.

As for Bucket, Im still pissed he left. WHether his intentions were good or not, I have no idea. The door is still open and I hope he comes back.

As for the conspiracy thing. Ive said that since day 1. Theres a slight chance they used Bucket leaving as an excuse for more time, for whatver the reason. Highly unlikely but its possible. They said Bucket was sick back in that European tour. It was more than liekly an excuse.

Either way I hope he comes back. Its not a surprise that Axl would keep the parts on the album. He brought a lot to the band. His playing is amazing. And i can only imagine what it sounds like. When Axl releases the album and Bucket sees the wheels in motion maybe Bucket will come back. Im glad Axl has left the door open. Bucket put th eband over the top. Thats just my opinion...

In any case, I admire and will never take for granted the fact that Robin and Tommy and Brain to an extent have remained faithful to the band and are the foundation of the band. Much love....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 01:57:03 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: