Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Finck to take Buckets solos?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finck to take Buckets solos?  (Read 1990 times)
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« on: June 11, 2004, 11:54:59 AM »

Im assuming Robin will now play Buckets parts if Gnr ever get on the road again.. After hearing him on the last tour I dont think he can perform like Slash or bucket,he will have some pressure on him.

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 02:32:12 PM »

He did slashs parts just fine and I think robin will do his solos for the new songs and fortus will do BHs solos. But who knows.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 02:40:05 PM »

Solos aren't very long or complicated on albums these days (if they even exist) look at metallica they USED to do amazing solos. On St.Anger they were non-existent. What if that is part of the reason Axl and Slash couldn't see eye to eye, Slash wanted traditional songs with solos in the middle and axl wanted a more modern sound (A-la 9" nails) He does have Finck in the band. What if we're waiting for something completely opposite of what we're hoping for?  Wouldn't be too hard to replace Bucket then would it? And if Axl only had to play powerchords then he could be the 3rd guitarist as well.

It could also explain Buckethead leaving.  Maybe Axl wanted him there for pure entertainment value for live shows. And when Bucket wanted to do some shredding on the album. Axl said "nope we stick to the orig plan" and Bucket said "C-YA!"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 02:44:51 PM by Neemo » Logged

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 07:42:38 PM »

Solos aren't very long or complicated on albums these days (if they even exist) look at metallica they USED to do amazing solos. On St.Anger they were non-existent. What if that is part of the reason Axl and Slash couldn't see eye to eye, Slash wanted traditional songs with solos in the middle and axl wanted a more modern sound (A-la 9" nails) He does have Finck in the band. What if we're waiting for something completely opposite of what we're hoping for?  Wouldn't be too hard to replace Bucket then would it? And if Axl only had to play powerchords then he could be the 3rd guitarist as well.

It could also explain Buckethead leaving.  Maybe Axl wanted him there for pure entertainment value for live shows. And when Bucket wanted to do some shredding on the album. Axl said "nope we stick to the orig plan" and Bucket said "C-YA!"

all new songs have solos...Dont go calling axl nu-metal cause I know that's were you're heading, you mr. are a non-believer.
AXL will provide And You sinnerman will repent.
the secong coming of the AXL is NEAR**
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 07:43:38 PM by SON OF A PREACHER » Logged

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 10:16:06 PM »

He did slashs parts just fine and I think robin will do his solos for the new songs and fortus will do BHs solos. But who knows.

Fortus seems to know how to cover parts really well, without having to add in his own 'special' twists, which I thought Robin had somewhat of a problem w/ on the last tour ( hear his NR solos). This is not to badmouth Finck, who I'm sure will have great contributions on any new material.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 11:19:40 PM »

whats wrong with Robins NR solo's, i think there amazing.
Its cool how Richard plays Slash's part right, but RIR3 n' els where when Robin totally changed it i thought was excellent

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
estranged.1098
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 11:24:48 PM »

NR, mr. brownstone, sweet child, the blues, it's so easy, live and let die...

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 11:41:20 PM »

I don't necessarily dislike Robin's 'reinterpretation' of the solo, but with a song like NR, such a classic with such memorable guitar interludes, I feel it should stay unchanged, just MHO.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: