Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227999 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff interview at knac.com-Interesting Guns tidbit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff interview at knac.com-Interesting Guns tidbit  (Read 1437 times)
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« on: June 16, 2004, 04:27:34 PM »

I posted this at the VR section already, I don't know if it's considered a VR topic or a GNR topic, so I am posting it here as well. There is a rather lengthy interview with Duff over at www.knac.com. I won't post the entire thing. The interviewer tries NOT to ask him a bunch of GNR questions, which I think is cool. There is one section that was rather interesting.

KNAC.COM: Okay. Now here?s the one GNR question I have for you.
McKAGAN: Okay!

KNAC.COM: If they were playing today, would you go see them?
McKAGAN: Well? [Pauses]? Noooo? I doubt it. No. I ? I just, you know, really? especially once after I left and started going to school, I really put it all behind me. I haven?t really thought about it at all until I started doing all this press and been asked about it. So, it?s been kinda put in front of me. And, you know, I have a healthy past with Axl [Rose]. But Guns ?N Roses was Guns ?N Roses when it was Guns ?N Roses. If that makes any sense to you -- does that make any sense to you?

KNAC.COM: That makes a lot of sense to me.
McKAGAN: Okay? and now, it?s -- from what I understand -- it?s? an ever-evolving line-up. And? it?s, you know, it?s Axl?s? he owns the name.

KNAC.COM: Oh, yeah?
McKAGAN: Yeah. And that?s? that?s where you get the Guns ?N Roses thing. And that?s about? that?s kinda where it stops, too. You know? For me, at least. I wouldn?t go see it, myself. I hold nothing against Axl, it?s just? I have no interest in seeing it. You know? If you can?t do a record in a year or so?

KNAC.COM: [Laughs]
McKAGAN: ?you?re working too hard on something, or something?s not there. Something?s missing. Unless, you know? watch it be just amazing. It should be after 9 years or something. It damn well better be!

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 04:35:09 PM »

Yeah Axl owns the name Guns n' Roses, or at least thats what everyone has been led to believe, there is a lawsuit going on at the mo over Axl's holding back of old Guns material on films soundtracks, etc!

Im still inclined to think that the whole partnership lawsuit/issue is what is holding back the album, numerous people have said that the album is done and Axl is clearing up the legalities. and lawsuits involving partnerships are very difficult to resolve. Their is a thread around here somewhere with it all in:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=12839;start=msg223890#msg223890
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 04:39:32 PM »

Thanx but like you said it's already posted in the VR section.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: