Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:06:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How Much Longer?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Much Longer?  (Read 19046 times)
youngerformofaxl
« on: August 04, 2004, 04:52:13 PM »

It was 4 months ago that Axl Rose made his press release saying that Buckethead had left the band and that a release date for Chinese Democracy would be announced within the next few months. So my question is, how long before we receive that announcement from Axl and/or Axl's Management?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 04:56:54 PM »

I thought we would had something official about November but no one has spoken yet not even Axl, I'm sure if the November rumors were false Axl would have sorted this out straight away but I am surprised we havent heard anything yet but I hope we hear something really soon I am very very very soon.

EEEERRRR Little boy
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 04:57:10 PM »

never
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 05:24:56 PM »

Axl said HOPEFULLY a release date would be announced in a few months.

The chances of getting another message from Axl or his management are slim unless another memnber quits smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 05:32:09 PM »

Axl said HOPEFULLY a release date would be announced in a few months.

Axl also said, regarding Chinese Democracy, that you'd (we'd) be better off waiting for the second coming...

Anyways, to set the first poster's mind at ease, tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 06:01:44 PM »

I honestly couldn't even fathom a guess any more.

I don't think its ever going to be released any more....

The band is scattered to the four winds doing their own thing, we never heard from Axl and there is still no word of a repacement for Buckethead

It looks pretty bleak

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 06:16:11 PM »

When it becomes "important" right now Axl mostly like enjoying his new car and still fixing the record  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 06:23:49 PM »

Does anyone else feel like hope is the enemy here? Not to be a pessimist but I have loved guns my entire life here and it's like a relative being on life support.....for over 10 years. I mean wouldn't it feel easier if Guns (whatever form) was just over instead of being fed false rumours and having all this hope. I am just personally tired of the let downs. I find it easier at this point to believe nothing will ever happen. I have seen alot of posts speaking negatively about Velvet revolver and comparing contraband to the songs we have heard that MAY someday be chinese democracy and I think that is absurd. I think it's much healthier to focus on what is. I like the VR album, while it can't hold a candle (in the cold november rain-God damn I am a dork) to anything Guns ever did I don't expect it to and I don't let the fact that it didn't ruin it for me. The fact is VR actually released an album. And at this point I instead of the next press release saying for the hundreth time that a release date is near I would rather have it say "Guns is no more". I know for a beast as mighty as GnFnR was to go out with a whimper is a shame but I hate being led on. Wouldn't you rather have the extremely hot girl who always leads you on and never lets anything ahppen just go away instead of giving you blue balls? That's what it is at this point, emotional blueballs.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 06:39:05 PM »

Axl also said that now that buckethead was gone it would give them a chance to take their recording to the next level.... so i wouldn't hold my breathe... he also says see ya next summer in 2001... in his defense he never did mention which summer...

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 07:13:34 PM »

Axl must have been lying to us on purpose. What a fag, I hate him for that now.  rant

beer

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 07:33:07 PM »

November 04' it said, until then we cant say shit.
Nothing after november then its war!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
RichardNixon
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 08:25:30 PM »

Can it suck anymore to be a GN'R fan? Why does the best artist of all time have to be the biggest, most secritive recluse?
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 12:28:25 AM »

Wouldn't you rather have the extremely hot girl who always leads you on and never lets anything ahppen just go away instead of giving you blue balls? That's what it is at this point, emotional blueballs.

it is emotional blueballs but if the hot chick goes away you know for sure your not gonna get some while if the chick is still around theres always hope you might get lucky. thats the way it is with gnr, one day out of fuckin no where were gonna get online log into HTGH and see "long awaited Chinese Democracy to be released on date xx/xx/20xx" in the news section (hey I can hope right) look we all get frustratedwaiting itsbeen for fuckin ever, but dont let it get you, you got a job to do (live your life) you got to do it well, regardless of CD. so stay the coursem and dont let the ember of hope that uncle axl will come through one day die, even though it might get hard

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 12:45:31 AM »

I was very disappointed to hear Tommy say that it's so close to being finished.

I had hoped that Axl had actually finished fiddling around with the finishing touches and it was just pending any legal issues, promotional planning, pressing etc..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 12:53:28 AM by Gunner Down Under » Logged
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2004, 12:46:42 AM »

Axl won't release Chinese Democracy until he can fit back into his spandex short shorts

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 02:05:35 AM »

Can it suck anymore to be a GN'R fan? Why does the best artist of all time have to be the biggest, most secritive recluse?
Its like every good has a bad. I think that crazy mind of Axl, makes him thinkand work hard trying to perfect something. It gives us the Great UYIs and AFD, If he didnt have that crazy mindset would there of been a good guns n roses?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 03:38:09 AM »

I think, we will hear some news in November/December.

Something like, what we can expect in 2005....  drool
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 11:20:44 AM »

You guys are very pessimistic.

Okay, I think we should hear something before the end of this month. How's that?
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 01:03:48 PM »

You guys are very pessimistic.

Okay, I think we should hear something before the end of this month. How's that?

And you're quite optimistic.  peace

Why don't you just....
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 02:30:01 PM »

Thanks. I just didn't realize how unrestful people have become over this project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: