Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  T.V & Radio Coverage in England
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: T.V & Radio Coverage in England  (Read 3928 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: August 27, 2004, 10:08:15 AM »

Hey there! All you GnR fans in the states probably get way more coverage of GnR than we do in England cos you have about 3 million channels, but generally we get starved in England of Guns stuff apart from the usual token song on the Kerrang play list. However in the couple of weeks since BTM aired in England the coverage seems to be non stop. I may be wrong but I never see any other band getting their BTM aired every day sometimes twice a day on VH2. Also they seem to be showing their War of the Roses programme a lot to (GnR v The Stones Roses programme). I know people will think that I'm just another person looking way to much into this in the desperate hope of an announcment, but why on earth would English music channels start doing overtime on playing Guns music and showing BTM so much if nothing was about to happen? I spent my teenage years amoungst the media hype surrounding Appetite and UYI and although it not a patch on the amount of media attention that they got then, I havent seen anything like it since then. Even on the radio at work, my boring office mates listen to radio 2 (old peoples radios station) and they have played at least 10 GnR songs in the last week and I have never heard them on there before! Just wandered if other English GnR fans who use this site agree with me or am I just clutching at straws in the hope of a very big announcement very soon?

Ted Nugent
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 10:43:36 AM »

There was alot of GN'R videos being shown around the time that the dvd's were released.  As for BTM being repeated endlessly, that's just how VH1 always operate.  They were showing the ted nugent edition of cribs 3 or 4 times a day before surviving nugent debuted.

They're not showing anything GN'R related that isn't over ten years old.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 12:11:06 PM »

There was alot of GN'R videos being shown around the time that the dvd's were released.? As for BTM being repeated endlessly, that's just how VH1 always operate.? They were showing the ted nugent edition of cribs 3 or 4 times a day before surviving nugent debuted.

They're not showing anything GN'R related that isn't over ten years old.

I didnt say they were showing new GnR stuff. I was just commenting on the major increase in GnR related stuff that we are seeing since the rumours of a November release came out!

Ted Nugent
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 12:13:18 PM »

Scuzz had a GN'R week before there was any november release date rumor.  It was because of the release of the dvd's, they had a GN'R related competition.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 12:25:34 PM »

Scuzz had a GN'R week before there was any november release date rumor.? It was because of the release of the dvd's, they had a GN'R related competition.

Im not trying to be awkward here but your kind of missing the point. I know there were programmes on Scuzz and things like that before the release date. But my point is that there has been a huge increase in GnR related stuff since the rumour started, nothing even close to the coverage they got before it began!

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 12:27:11 PM »

It's the same here in Northern Ireland.  And probably the rest of the UK.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 02:43:34 PM »

My point from my original post really just was. Is it just a major coincidence that GnR have got the most coverage they have had on English Tv and Radio in years regardless of whether it is old footage. Or do these media divisions really know something for once? Or am I just being fucking over hopeful cos Im so desperate to see this baby hit the streets and shops at last? Simple as that !!!!

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 04:09:38 PM »

Hey there! All you GnR fans in the states probably get way more coverage of GnR than we do in England cos you have about 3 million channels,

sorry but no we here in the states dont get much gnr stuff, hell until vh1 did the gnr things i hadnt seen any guns on tv since the 2002 vma

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Ted Nugent
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 04:25:11 PM »

Scuzz had a GN'R week before there was any november release date rumor.? It was because of the release of the dvd's, they had a GN'R related competition.

Im not trying to be awkward here but your kind of missing the point. I know there were programmes on Scuzz and things like that before the release date. But my point is that there has been a huge increase in GnR related stuff since the rumour started, nothing even close to the coverage they got before it began!

Your point is pretty simple and i'm not missing it.

Scuzz was showing GN'R almost every 20 minutes to promote the dvd release and this was long before any november release date rumor.  As for the other channels they have been giving GN'R a higher profile since the GH release.  Kerrang have also done at least two GN'R themed weeks, one of which was before BTM aired in the US.

I know you're just being positive about this but if this was being done in conjunction with the music channels as a way of promoting CD then we would have heard some news of it.  You can't keep a secret among a group of people that big.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 01:25:56 PM »

Yeh I know Im bringing up an old thread of mine. But I just got home from work and I have noticed that on VH1 tonight there are three GnR programs on in a row. Firstly you have GnR 3 in 1 then BTM and finally GnR top 10. This has followed on from GnR Videography having been on MTV2 three times this week already. Now I know I got shot down in flames the other day by Ted Nugent saying that there wasnt anything to this other than coincidence but there hasnt been this much sort of GnR coverage on T.V for years, they didnt get this much for the GH or the DVD release. I know that there has been the odd GnR week on Kerrang and Scuzz and that fucking shitty inacurate 10 ways GnR changed the world on Scuzz. But this is some serious airtime they are getting at the moment even on Radio 1 they have played Paradise City Welcome to the Jungle and Dont Cry this week (and how often do you here Dont Cry on English Radio?) Not fucking often!!! Anyway Im rambling but it brings me back to my original point from last week. Why are these media giants like VH1 and Radio 1 giving GnR so much fucking airtime? They must know something. Because other than hardore GnR fans around England and the rest of the world, they have become a forgotton entity to a fucking lot of people so it seems to me that this is a good way to get people interested again for the next wave of world domination (hopefully!) because i feel that these music channels etc realise that music today needs something like GnR again to kick a bit of arse. True these may only be my thoughts but I just cant see the logic in all this attention they are getting if VH1 Radio 1 MTVC etc dont know about something very big that we are all just praying to hear at long long last.

shaun
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 01:32:46 PM »

Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City are about the only 2 songs that get played on *British/UK Radio*

To your average Joe Bloggs in the street, Guns N'Roses must seem like some band that were only good for 2 songs. They probably think they don't exist anymore either. Then again, do they exist?  Wink
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 01:39:55 PM »

Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City are about the only 2 songs that get played on *British/UK Radio*

Kinda my point really! When you get a song like Dont Cry being played in the middle of the day on Radio 1, then it makes ya kinda wander if they know something and are trying to raise the popularity again!

To your average Joe Bloggs in the street, Guns N'Roses must seem like some band that were only good for 2 songs. They probably think they don't exist anymore either. Then again, do they exist?  Wink

Just in my humble opinion GnR will very much exist very very soon

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: