Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why I cannot take Dizzy seriously....  (Read 25468 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2004, 12:44:08 AM »

hahahahahaha thanks dave and booker!!!!!!!! holy shit what id pay to see u two box for charity or something!

i dont see how anyone can talk shit about dizzy or pittman when we have nothing to judge them by. Dizzy plays a great live keyboard,synth,piano, we havent tasted his writing skill, pittman we also have no idea, so lets wait till they do something before we bash em.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2004, 01:20:55 AM »

I think Dizzy will play an important part on the new GN'R album

me to, and i think dizzwold reed is a cool fuckin guy and i do like his playing and in my opinion he is as much as a member as anybody in that band, yes he isnt an original member but hell only axl is an original member in the band right now.  dizzy in my opinion is on the level of matt, both participated heavily in the history of gnr, even if they werent in appetite, through the illusions and that illusions tours, and deserve there palce in GNR history, so leave dizzy the fuck alone.  as for tommy, robin,  get a fucking clue dude, tommy is a legend from the Mats and has no need to be a yes man, and if you listen to what he has said you can tell that he is there cause of the music and cause he enjoys making music and cause he feels axl is his friend.  Robin, hell robin and axl have fought before hell didnt robin even leave the band fore a while, like younggunner said , so no he aint a yes man and im sure that he has been heavily working on the new material.  like dizzy and tommy have both said the song writing process is very democratic and collective, 8 people writing together.

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
hoolign10
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2004, 02:24:05 AM »

I have no problem with dizzy, but what has he actually written for guns that has been released?  During the Illusions era wasn't he just the touring keyboard player?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2004, 03:58:56 AM »

i dont see how anyone can talk shit about dizzy or pittman when we have nothing to judge them by.

And it's the problem. Dizzy has been in the band (or at least he has been having contract) for 14 years, and there is nothing, we cannot judge his writing abilities. Pittman is in GN'R for 4(+) years, and we don't even know what he's doing. Once the album we'll be released we can judge their contribution to GN'R, but I would have never added a keyboard player to GN'R, maybe I would have chosen someone to help on tour in some songs, but IMO Dizzy's playing ruins most of the UYI songs he plays in (and it's not against Dizzy, most of the keyboard parts are needless). I'm sure he's a yes man (but I have no proof just like you have no proof against it) and it's kinda funny he plays GN'R songs on his concerts he didn't write, but I don't care.

And I'm not sure if Booker irritates the most people on this board.  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2004, 04:09:25 AM »

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

Dizzys been 'round since 90', he aint no tag along you negative prick, i cant beleive half the shit you put in your thread.

its cool, it's your opinion, but c'mon dude, give the man some credit.

The Blues intro kinda gay you say, i dont think your much of a fan at all, and guess what, Dizzy to me is an origenal member, he's not a replacment like your mate Matt.

im sorry, i just think you should think about why you really hate the man 'cause i dont even think you know really Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2004, 04:14:19 AM »

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

Dizzys been 'round since 90', he aint no tag along you negative prick, i cant beleive half the shit you put in your thread.

its cool, it's your opinion, but c'mon dude, give the man some credit.

The Blues intro kinda gay you say, i dont think your much of a fan at all, and guess what, Dizzy to me is an origenal member, he's not a replacment like your mate Matt.

im sorry, i just think you should think about why you really hate the man 'cause i dont even think you know really Undecided
Got to agree in a way he is an original, when GnR went to the UYI style of Music, the band changed and the need for a keyboardist was needed. There was no one in his shoes before him so he could be considered an original. Why did soemone even start a topic to pick on Dizzy? He has never said anythign bad about people and said he has no problem with the Ex members and very neutral.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2004, 05:38:52 AM »

When I saw this thread, it really pissed me off. When I read it I got even more pissed.

Dizzy rules! Dizzy is a great musican and a great all around guy. His loyalty is very important!!
I can't believe someone whould start a tread like this one. Why are some of us here always  so negitive?

DIZZY!!!! ok

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2004, 08:44:10 AM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.

After reading you statement I also have a question, who the fuck are YOU to say anything about a man who wrote and played on some of the finest GNR songs? Who the fuck are YOU to say anything about Dizzy?

dude...who the fuck are you?

I'm anarchy, it says it just left of this post. Use your eyes man.

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2004, 09:50:09 AM »

Never considered Dizzy a real GNR member.  Would rather see Axl play the piano when neccesarry.  I think the keyboards need to see limited use in a rock band.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2004, 10:04:07 AM »

If Silkworms is any Indication of Dizz's musical influence on the band than I will take a pass and hope to God he is not allowed near the new album.
madagas
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2004, 10:04:57 AM »

Well, I guess that eliminates Pink Floyd and Led Zep and the Rolling Stones and the Who as rock bands-right Philly? Give me a break... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Dizzy is of minimal value but keyboards have been an important part of rock and roll forever.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:08:10 AM by madagas » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2004, 10:10:31 AM »

booker
u must have no fucking life...

Dave... With over 3000 posts you really should know better!! You can fucking send him a PM if you're pissed with him... Do NOT insult other boardmembers. You know the rules and yet you break them. We know how you feel about Booker without shouting it at just about every thread.

And Booker... What the fuck is up with you taking posts and tearing them apart just for the fun of it? And I know you make a fine grammar police, but if you read the rules that is another thing that is not cool. People can clearly read what was being said.

And to see you 2 arguing about who of 2 members, past or present is more important in GN'R? You know those are questions that have no real answers when it's a matter of taste. Especially with those 2 since neither were original members.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 10:23:29 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2004, 10:17:27 AM »

He should be banned....If I or anyone else told someone to go F- themselves Jarmo would wave Bye-Bye to me... The rules should apply to everyone, regardless of postcount
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2004, 10:23:01 AM »

He should be banned....If I or anyone else told someone to go F- themselves Jarmo would wave Bye-Bye to me... The rules should apply to everyone, regardless of postcount
If you put in the time,a person should get a pass.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2004, 11:04:25 AM »

Not to take sides or anything, but Dizzy really did not play piano all that much on the Illusion albums.  He did play piano on songs like Civil War, Bad Apples, Live and Let Die, Dust N' Bones, and Pretty Tied Up.  But, Axl played piano on Estranged, Breakdown, and Yesterdays.  Dizzy was rather important on several of these songs live, because Axl would only play piano on November Rain.  Overall, I have a neutral opinion of him.  He has stayed in the band for a while and done what is asked of him, but his continuous hints of when CD is coming out are getting annoying.  I hope that he, not Chris Pitman, is on keyboards on the album.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2004, 11:08:51 AM »

I just cannot take Dizzy seriously. I have ZERO interest in seeing him play live. I'm sorry, but Dizzy means NOTHING in the real history and legacy of Guns n' Roses. He's a yes man, that's why he's still around. Robin, Tommy, Brain - they are smart enough to make money using Axl and the GnR name, and they too are probably "yes" men. But hey, they're making money, and if this thing ever does sail, they'll be there....

Shut up you opinionated unknowledgable fool!

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2004, 11:51:42 AM »

And same goes for you estranged33...

That sort of shit is not accepted here. Go find another board if you're keen on insulting other members of the board.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2004, 12:04:17 PM »

How come its ok for Dizzy to be called a "YEs MAn" now but not in the past. If he was such a meaningless part of GNR with the old lineup why wasn't he labeled that in the past? The only reason peopel think band members in this band are "Yes Men" is because 2 old members left the band. If one or both stayed this wouldnt even be an issue. BUt its ok, you can think what you want. All accounts show that this is far from a dictatorship. This is and will be a total band effort. Particularly musically. On the business side, yes you are right, Axl is the boss. BUt is that really something new. He was the boss with old GNR as well.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2004, 12:25:11 PM »

.... But I cannot stand seeing Dizzy thinking he is part of Guns n Roses, he's NOT!! At the 2 shows I was at in 2002, he got loud applause......can i ask a question.....WHY, FOR WHAT??? Slash and Duff probably have NO RESPECT for him. He's a tag-along....he's not important, at all. The Blues is a good song, but that intro is kinda gay anyway. the song is cool, but mostly b/c of the outro and the verse chord changes. the piano part is kinda gay....its no axl masterpiece. I'm sorry, he's just annoying, thinking he's part of GnR.

Matt, to me, is part of GnR. Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, Izzy....part of GnR. Shit man, I even feel like Gilby is more a part of GnR then Dizzy. During Paradise City, he used to play the tamborine LOLOL. He's useless....I guess we'll find out if CD ever comes how important he is, but to me, he gets no respect. he's NOT gnr....never will be.

After reading you statement I also have a question, who the fuck are YOU to say anything about a man who wrote and played on some of the finest GNR songs? Who the fuck are YOU to say anything about Dizzy?

dude...who the fuck are you?

I'm anarchy, it says it just left of this post. Use your eyes man.

it was a joke, mr. anarchy

poop
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2004, 12:30:42 PM »

And Booker... What the fuck is up with you taking posts and tearing them apart just for the fun of it?

I dont exactly do it for the fun of it...Its because I usually disagree with the post.

And I know you make a fine grammar police, but if you read the rules that is another thing that is not cool. People can clearly read what was being said.

I never insult somebody for poor grammar or typos...I think its a rather weak move.? However, theres a certain irony in an English-speaking person (Dave, no less) accusing somebody else of having no "credibility" in broken English thats hard to ignore.? It wasnt simply pointing out a typo...Its the absurdity of Dave insulting anybody over "credibility" and him fumbling in the process.? Ill try to avoid it next time (Im sure there will be many).? Grin

If you put in the time,a person should get a pass

If you put in the time, you should know better, right?? Dave actually stated he knew better and did it anyway... no? Oh well, Im sure hes better now.?

However I did appreciate him writing his insults as a poem.? Very nice touch... yes
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 12:37:23 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: