Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When greatest hits drops...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When greatest hits drops...  (Read 3145 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« on: September 07, 2004, 05:21:09 AM »

GH is still on the lists here in norway at least (don't know about other countries),
Guess what i think will happen when it drops out...

Second, Whats the unknown songclip (just some secs) on the 02 official commercial\ anyone else noticed this?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 05:25:46 AM »

GH is still on the lists here in norway at least (don't know about other countries),

Second, Whats the unknown songclip (just some secs) on the 02 official commercial\ anyone else noticed this?

what unknown song clip? i only hear 3 song clips: Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:25:17 AM »

There's also the end part of "It's So Easy" included... not sure if its the rerecording though.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Chunkie
Headliner

Here Today... DEAD Tomorow

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 12:48:19 PM »

Next time listen to it better and you may know!  ok

God damn Slash The Man
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 02:14:14 PM »

...it will no be longer be in the charts, yeah we'd realised that too Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 06:56:16 PM »

If you think CD will come out when GH's falls off norways chart you must be drunk. Axl and GnR don't care about norway's chart. Not to sound mean but its all about the USA charts for USA acts. GH's is still in the top 30's and will probalby be in the top 200 for atleast a year. Its just a fact and I dont think Axl would wait for it to fall off the chart that wouldnt benefit him in anyway.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 11:05:01 AM »

off course not just norway do i meen. I'm talking all over the world.
When it drops out on most of the global lists-
 -So he don't compete against himself in any country it might sell

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 11:30:45 AM »

He doesn't care. G'n'R released Lies when AFD was still in the top 10 and they released 2 little albums called UYI1 and UYI2 at the same time which were in the charts at the same time Grin

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 07:07:40 AM »

U don't think GH and buckethead has delayed the disc, in some way

I was sure (before all that happened) that the disc was about to get relased in 04

But one dosen't know with gnr...  Roll Eyes

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 09:38:21 AM »

I think at this point chinese democracy has delayed the disk. I still say is Axl fucking with us? Is he saying that this disk has as much chance of happening as democracy coming to China? Or is he saying it's just gonna take a long fucking time!? Grin Regardless, I've waited since TSI I can wait until it comes out. I was just saying he doesn't care about competing against himself in the charts, or at least he hasn't in the past. And I don't think he's worried about Eminem or U2 either. He'll release it when it fuckin ready and not before. I remember when UYI's were released, I didn't know until that week that they were coming out. so I think this bullshit about having to promote the album is wrong. Guns don't need promoting, just like U2 doesn't or the beatles or led zepplin or Pantera!!!! or Tool, or really any of the well know bands. the album will sell because when a single is released it'll get radio play and when people see a G'n'R display in the stores they'll go, "oh cool, I haven't seen these guys in a while, I wonder what they're up to now? I came for (whatever CD) but I'll buy this cd instead"

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 12:20:46 PM »

Yes, and alonr t always has this gut-feeling that it's just around the corner, beats me everytime

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 12:25:13 PM »

Tool, or really any of the well know bands. the album will sell because when a single is released it'll get radio play and when people see a G'n'R display in the stores they'll go, "oh cool, I haven't seen these guys in a while, I wonder what they're up to now? I came for (whatever CD) but I'll buy this cd instead"
Tool's first albums were kind of underground and cool, then when Tool released their last CD it was all over MTV with commericials, And it sold better as a result. I think bands like Tool still need to promote their product.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 01:19:14 PM »

Tool, or really any of the well know bands. the album will sell because when a single is released it'll get radio play and when people see a G'n'R display in the stores they'll go, "oh cool, I haven't seen these guys in a while, I wonder what they're up to now? I came for (whatever CD) but I'll buy this cd instead"
Tool's first albums were kind of underground and cool, then when Tool released their last CD it was all over MTV with commericials, And it sold better as a result. I think bands like Tool still need to promote their product.

I had no Idea Lateralus was even being worked on, same with both perfect circle cd's and I was utterly suprised when I saw them in the store and bought them as well, the day I saw them, because I knew they would be really fucking good. The good bands with a history don't need promotion because their history speaks for itself. how many people on this site were younger than 10 when the uyi's came out? probably a good chunk. but yet they know about gnr and will most definately buy the cd before they even hear a single. And how many long time gnr fans who don't follow them any more will buy it? probably a good chunk again. you forget that they are one of the best selling artists of all time. CD could hit stores today and it would sell really fucking well, if the tracks on it are even comparible to any of the older stuff, word will spread that Guns are back, and it'll go platinum in no time.  Again just my opinion. Promotion not required. A commercial or magazine ad doesn't make a good album.

GH is platinum already and how many people didn't buy it because they already have all the songs? I didn't and I've been a loyal fan since '88-'89. I'm bettin' there's alot more like me

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 05:18:58 AM »

I'm sure it be a good album, but it most likely it won't be released without promotion.

I guess gnr is as big and known as rolling stones and beatles around the globe...
Or something in that direction. But still axl blamed their management or whomever for lack of promtion when the tour didn't sell well

By the way, it was said ( by axl himself or Laywer) that GH could delay CD further more when they tried to stop the release...  ok

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: