Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who has SLASH played with during the years?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who has SLASH played with during the years?  (Read 9541 times)
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 07:45:15 PM »

Blackstreet featuring ODB and Fishbone - Fix (Slash on guitar)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 08:11:16 PM »

"We also asked SLASH about the song "Privacy" on Michael Jackson's forthcoming album, Invincible. We told Slash that it sounds like Michael says "SLASH" right before a short guitar solo, but SLASH insists he did not play on this album. He said maybe they borrowed something from HIStory or Dangerous, but he certainly would remember if he had played on the album. Listening with decent speakers, our conclusion is that it really sounds like Michael says "SLASH", but it doesn't sound like SLASH playing. Guido from The Netherlands says he's both a guitar player and a HUGE SLASH fan, and he's convinced this is not SLASH playing. Guido says that aside from the sound, the style is different including some whammy bar stuff that is unlike SLASH. Guido thinks it just doesn't have that SLASH vibe to it. So, right now we think the answer is that it isn't SLASH. We'll check the credits when it comes out" - Snakepit.org
darkdays_01
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 09:39:08 PM »

I have a version of Queen's "Tie Your Mother Down" by Def Leppard , before the solo Joe says SLASH, i believe it was at the Concert Of Life and Queen was the backing band not Def Lep , but Rick Savage, Duff and Phil Collen did backing vocals on a mike toward the side of the stage.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2004, 03:06:42 AM »

Zak Wylde, Megadeth, Les Paul, Paul Rodgers, Cheap Trick, The singer from Live, Sammy Hagar, Alice Cooper, Kid Rock... There is a few.

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2004, 05:21:24 AM »

A hoy hoy gang,

Here's a list of what I can recall that hasn't been mentioned yet, if so then sorry.? I'm away from my collection but here it goes.

Alice Cooper - Hey Stupid ( Hey Stupid ), Only Women Bleed,? Elected ( Fist Full of Alice) Under My Wheel with Alice, Axl and Izzy. I have that on a tape called "The Decline of Westen Civilization, Part II. The Metal Years. That was a movie if memory serves me corect.

Iggy Pop - Home, Pussy Power, My Baby Wants to Rock and Roll, and a couple of other as well.? From the album Brick by Bick. Duff plays on this album too.

Marta Sanchez Obsession and one other song I think.

Sammy Hagar - Little White lies ( MArching to MArs album). Matt plays on a slow song called Karma too.

Insane Clown Possie - Halls of Illusions, can't remember the album title.

The Yardbirds - Over, Under, Sideways, Down,. Album ?

Ray Charles I haven't heard this yet but it's called "God Bless America Again". Slash talked about this during his interview with Much More Music last feb.

ConeHeads Soundtrack - Magic Carpet Ride. Not too sure who he played with but Michael Monroe sang the song.

He guest appeared on a bob dylan and rod stweart album as well. I recall Slash saying that he hated those sessions b/c those stinky old dick lickers wanted the man to change his style. I got one for you bob, why don't you take those marbles out of your mouth while you try in sing.? Don't even get me started on that other idiot.

And lets not foget that he has appeared on both of Duff Cd's, Matt's cd, The Out Patience, Teddy Zig Zag'g album and Gilby's Pawn Shop Giutars.

Well that's all I can remember, hope this helps.

Blair

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2004, 06:46:13 AM »

He has played live with that RnB singer Tyreese, and pop-star Pink. He also played with Cypress Hill many times, Robbie Williams (ex-Take That) Moby (who did some producing with Axl not many years ago) , Dave Navarro (Janes Adiction/ex-Red Hot Chillipeppers) the guy's from BuckCherry..  MothorHead and Lemmy, both live and on a album..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2004, 10:16:18 AM »

I recall Slash making a guest appearance during a Carole King PBS special a few years ago, although I don't remember which song he played.  It might have been "It's Too Late."

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2004, 05:40:23 PM »

Slash also plays a tune on the new Yardbirds album, "Birdland"...I don't recall which one, though.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2004, 06:53:26 PM »

Marta Sanchez Obsession and one other song I think.

Good call ok

I was almost sure no one was gonna come up with that. Marta Sanchez is a spanish singer who partnered up with Slash to record the song " Obssesion" for a movie Tarantino produced. I can't remember the title of it though....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2004, 06:56:50 PM »

Good call ok

I was almost sure no one was gonna come up with that. Marta Sanchez is a spanish singer who partnered up with Slash to record the song " Obssesion" for a movie Tarantino produced. I can't remember the title of it though....

Curdled.

That Obsession song is bad.... Sorry, but I just can't listen to it.

One of my favorite Slash guest apperances is I Don't Live Today with Paul Rodgers & the Band Of Gypsys.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2004, 07:00:52 PM »

Good call ok

Curdled.

That Obsession song is bad.... Sorry, but I just can't listen to it.

/jarmo

Yeah that's it, Curdled. In Spain the movie was called "Tu asesina que nosotras limpiamos la sangre" that means"Go kill somebody, we will clean up after your mess" hihi

What a great title....

Yeah, the song is bad
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2004, 05:03:07 AM »

But the instrumental version is great ! He plays a spanish guitar, and it's really cool to hear Slash play something that he normally dosen't do.

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: