Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 82976 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: September 17, 2004, 04:07:59 PM »

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/interviews/story.jsp?story=562537

He said: "... It's a more talented band that we have now, much more talented than Guns ever was. There were Guns nights where it was magic, but we were fucked up half the time. No, 99 per cent of the time. As players we weren't really maximising our potential. So, as far as aggression and talent are concerned, this is a much better band. I don't know if another band will ever achieve the kind of world domination Guns N' Roses managed. But if they do, it's going to be us."

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 04:10:12 PM »

He said: "... It's a more talented band that we have now, much more talented than Guns ever was. There were Guns nights where it was magic, but we were fucked up half the time. No, 99 per cent of the time. As players we weren't really maximising our potential. So, as far as aggression and talent are concerned, this is a much better band. I don't know if another band will ever achieve the kind of world domination Guns N' Roses managed. But if they do, it's going to be us."

Utter bullshit

VR are great but they struggle to compete with even GNR's average material

Also...isn't this just another vr vs GNR debate - its been trodden into the ground, some people prefer VR (yet visit a GNR board Huh) and most of us prefer GNR.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 04:11:53 PM »

I feel embarrased for him being quoted saying something so silly.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 04:14:36 PM »

that is rubbish.. just because you're fucked up, doesn't mean you don't have talent, or enough talent.

and i'm sorry but i think that talent was clearly displayed in the studio and on stage, so whatthefuckever.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 04:15:49 PM »

Utter bullshit

VR are great but they struggle to compete with even GNR's average material

Also...isn't this just another vr vs GNR debate - its been trodden into the ground, some people prefer VR (yet visit a GNR board Huh) and most of us prefer GNR.

Actually no, its duff claiming VR are better than the old guns n roses not the new band.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 04:15:53 PM »

I love Duff, but he is really out there on that one. Its really sad if thats the way they are thinking. No wonder they couldn't see Axl's vision!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 04:17:41 PM »

Correction:

IF another band does it it AND THEY WILL - it will be the new GnR Chinese Democracy
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 04:21:02 PM »

i can't believe i told this ass hole i was his fan and shook his hand...this is bullshit. VR suck. i saw them and it was such an average show from 3 guys that used to be in a great band. sure duff is playing better. but i wouldn't trade GN'R for VR ever. and they're not that talented. their cd is not even in my top 10 cds right now and it wasn't when i first bought it either... jeez how could someone that used to be so cool like Duff say this amount of bullshit... i liked them better when they were on drugs. it stoped them from saying BS like this.

Chinese Democracy!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 04:22:53 PM »

if Duff said that, I'm really desapointed by him. He seems to reny his glory past with GN'R. It's sad that what used to be the biggest Rock band in the world in the late 80's/early 90's, sudenly has turned into a war between bandmembers.?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 04:26:46 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 04:24:51 PM »

Why do you all always have to whine like a bunch of babies? Duff, isn't insulting Axl or his new band. If he is insulting anyone, he is insulting the band he was a part of, but it's not even an insult! As much as I love VR, I don't think they will ever live to the old band's magic so I will disagree with him there. However, I have no problem with what he is saying because in his opinion the old band were too fucked up on drugs to maximize their talent like they are able to do now. What the hell is wrong with that statement?
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 04:27:26 PM »

What the hell is wrong with that statement?

he's underestimating the brilliant monster that was guns n' fucking roses.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 04:30:01 PM »

Why do you all always have to whine like a bunch of babies? Duff, isn't insulting Axl or his new band. If he is insulting anyone, he is insulting the band he was a part of, but it's not even an insult! As much as I love VR, I don't think they will ever live to the old band's magic so I will disagree with him there. However, I have no problem with what he is saying because in his opinion the old band were too fucked up on drugs to maximize their talent like they are able to do now. What the hell is wrong with that statement?

Who said that Duff is insulting the new band? This thread is talking about how duff thinks VR is better than the orginal gnr that he was apart of.

Who brought up duff is bashing axl and the new band in this thread? NOONE, why do the gnr bar people keep coming here to troll and make the threads off topic?

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 04:33:01 PM »

Why do you all always have to whine like a bunch of babies? Duff, isn't insulting Axl or his new band. If he is insulting anyone, he is insulting the band he was a part of, but it's not even an insult! As much as I love VR, I don't think they will ever live to the old band's magic so I will disagree with him there. However, I have no problem with what he is saying because in his opinion the old band were too fucked up on drugs to maximize their talent like they are able to do now.

I agree with you and disagree with Duff, although I think he can find more pleasure and joy playing in VR than he had playing in GN'R.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 04:33:05 PM »

i like VR and contraband is an above average to good cd but i think they played better fucked up cause the solo's,songs,bass lines,riffs,lyrics,vocals,drums etc etc etc were all 10 times better than anything on CB. However DUff couldve meant live they are better than old gnr, that he and slash play better live now than they did then.? On that its possible i suppose meaning strictly his and slash's live ability.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 04:38:15 PM »

I do agree with D somewhat in what he was saying that Duff thinks he, Slash and Matt....even a clean Scott now, are at the top of their game that they have all left drugs behind. They will never be what GNR was and that statement is a little out there, but what do you people think he is gonna say, "that he is in a second rate band now?" If he really thought that there would be no point to playing or recording. More power to all of them that they are clean, happy and making music. If Duff thinks that makes them better than old GNR, who cares. They're not, we know they're not, and I think deep down he knows they're not.....but again, is he supposed to tell that to the general public? That wouldn't look too good.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 04:39:11 PM »

The idea of VR some day being bigger than GNR used to be is just laughable.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 04:39:45 PM »

I do agree with D somewhat in what he was saying that Duff thinks he, Slash and Matt....even a clean Scott now, are at the top of their game that they have all left drugs behind. They will never be what GNR was and that statement is a little out there, but what do you people think he is gonna say, "that he is in a second rate band now?" If he really thought that there would be no point to playing or recording. More power to all of them that they are clean, happy and making music. If Duff thinks that makes them better than old GNR, who cares. They're not, we know they're not, and I think deep down he knows they're not.....but again, is he supposed to tell that to the general public? That wouldn't look too good.

No you dont say anything about what band is better.  He just has to say guns n roses when I was in it was great, and now I am in VR and this is my best work post gnr.

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »

Oh my god!!! How can he say that?  How dare he?  My weekend is ruined now!!!  I am so pissed off.  This is an insult to me.  He plays better sober than fu$ked up, NO WAY!!!!  He isn't allowed to say that!!

P.S.

Suckertrain Blues ROCKS.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Eric
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 04:48:58 PM »

Duff is saying what Axl has been saying for years-they were great players, but were messed up with drinking/drugs.
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 04:50:21 PM »

In other words, he's saying Dave is better than Izzy and Scott is better than Axl. What-the-fuck-ever!!!  rant rant rant
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: