Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  duff claims VR is more talented than gnr
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: duff claims VR is more talented than gnr  (Read 83573 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2004, 11:01:57 AM »

idk i just thought it was better than this thread  Undecided

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2004, 11:13:43 AM »

idk i just thought it was better than this thread? Undecided

hah..okey, now I got you  Smiley
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2004, 11:26:21 AM »

I find this to be very humorous all theses slash lovers are trying to disprove that slash is a liar because he is always changing his story about how the old band broke up.? ok

I find it funnier that you completely ignored my post...

Dave: "Show me where I said that about Bach!"

Im so glad they didnt pick Bach, because he really would have made the album suck.

Dave: ...

"Its funny that Slash is a liar!"

ok

Slash could stay consistent with his story and that would be his version of what happenend and that would be fine but he keeps changing yet.

So go ahead and prove your point...

You slash fans can? try and twist this how ever you want but its a fact slash? has never been truthful of what really happened since he keeps changing his story.

Haha, its a fact, huh?  Well, feel free to prove your facts.

Yes everytime? you contradict yourself its not a lie but at the same? time it can also be a lie but some of you dont understand that or are just being ignorant.

confused

I think you should pay more attention to your own contradictions and hypocrisy.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2004, 11:33:55 AM »

If this was a sport game, the score would now be 24-0 to booker floyd !   peace

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2004, 11:36:05 AM »

If this was a sport game, the score would now be 24-0 to booker floyd !? ?peace

yeah only looking thru slash colored glasses.

And booker link my post where i said that. Thx

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #325 on: October 07, 2004, 11:52:25 AM »

yeah only looking thru slash colored glasses.

...Or 20/20 vision.  Undecided

And booker link my post where i said that. Thx

Youre very welcome.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #326 on: October 07, 2004, 11:58:10 AM »

And where is the first link booker where I originally said it, I just see where you quoted me yet that quote is not in that thread.? So where is the other one. And booker, that is still not a lie its called an opinion.
You still dont know what a lie is do? you?

I do have one question for booker and dizzy, didn?t your mommy teach you what a lie was when you were two or three..
I have given you guys a few examples and definitions yet you still cant grasp the concept of what a lie is?
Wow, that is pretty sad.

As for a fact about slash lying, I have already? given one but I will do it again since you are playing dumb.
Slash said back in the UYIs days it was his idea to bring the back up singers and the horn section on tour, yet on BTM he bascailly bashed axl saying it was his idea.? That is a lie.? Is that not good enough for you?

I have spelled out what a lie is and what is not a lie but you can't get it? through your head, I am sorry you cannot understand this simple concept.

And booker everyone knows how you love to twist everything around until its taken totally out of context and the only person you fool is yourself, but what ever makes  you happy

ok
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 12:29:17 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #327 on: October 07, 2004, 12:32:58 PM »

And where is the first link booker where I originally said it, I just see where you quoted me yet that quote is not in that thread.?

Quote from: dave-gnfnr2k on May 13, 2003, 08:24:35 PM

The link is in there...Apparently the thread is missing, but youre not implying that its fabricated, right?  Considering that the last topic on this board is from October 2003, it was probably lost in the server switch.

As for a fact about slash lying, I have already? given one but I will do it again since you are playing dumb.
Slash said back in the UYIs days it was his idea to bring the back up singers and the horn section on tour, yet on BTM he bascailly bashed axl saying it was his idea.? That is a lie.? Is that not good enough for you?

Is that it?

By the way, it would be great if you could give a source on that original quote.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #328 on: October 07, 2004, 12:34:11 PM »

No booker I am implying its taken out? of context since? you always do that.
You pull one quote from a whole paragraph and it changes the meaning.

As for the slash quote why do you always deny this, we have shown you the quote a lot of times.
Ill try and find it but you know slash said it was his idea.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 12:36:50 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2004, 12:37:05 PM »

If you're talking about Slash saying it was his idea for the orchestration on the UYI tour, I actually read that as well in a magazine during that period. Unfortunately I don't remember what magazine it was. And he said it was his and Axl's common idea. I think he said something like: "I wanted to bring backup vocals and orchestration on songs like Pretty Tied Up and Move To The City, and Axl wanted to do something similar with November Rain and Live And Let Die, so we figured, let's go for it!", or something of that effect.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #330 on: October 07, 2004, 12:39:04 PM »

Huh

Are you really going to try convincing anybody that quote was taken out of context?  Roll Eyes
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #331 on: October 07, 2004, 12:43:16 PM »

Huh

Are you really going to try convincing anybody that quote was taken out of context?? Roll Eyes

what did the rest of my paragraph say?
Like I have always said, the album would bach would have been looked upon as a 80s retred album and wouldnt do very well, that is why they didnt go with him. They went with Scott because they knew it would sell more albums and have a better chance at sucess.

BTW booker its really said it seems like you have a whole file of what I say saved on your computer  rofl

darkmonth
« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2004, 12:50:07 PM »

Slash could stay consistent with his story and that would be his version of what happenend and that would be fine but he keeps changing yet.

You always say that... but lets face it... til you can bring up a shit load of quotes like Booker has done about Axl, what you say is shit.

Slash always said the same thing about the gnr breakup.  Always.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2004, 12:54:45 PM »

You always say that... but lets face it... til you can bring up a shit load of quotes like Booker has done about Axl, what you say is shit.

Slash always said the same thing about the gnr breakup.? Always.

We had a whole thread full of slash changing his story a few months ago and all the examples, I am not like booker and I am going to go searching for them again, what should i have to bring them up everytime booker makes the claim he doesnt change his story when everyone knows he does?
We did it once, so been there done that.
Just look booker always pleads ignorance to that it was slashs idea about the horn section and back up singers then him blaming axl for it on BTM and in other interviews. We always find the link and then a month later he denies it again.

And this lying tangent is a far cry from duff claiming vr is more talented than gnr.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 12:56:49 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #334 on: October 07, 2004, 12:56:29 PM »

what did the rest of my paragraph say?

Does it matter?  Your quote is pretty clear to me.

Like I have always said, the album would bach would have been looked upon as a 80s retred album and wouldnt do very well, that is why they didnt go with him. They went with Scott because they knew it would sell more albums and have a better chance at sucess.

You also said Scott was the better choce, the guy you personally preferred.  Yet Bach is the better singer/songwriter?  But he would have made the album suck... Huh

As for their motives for choosing Scott, what do you have to base this on, other than your own bias?

BTW booker its really said it seems like you have a whole file of what I say saved on your computer? rofl

Actually, I have an understanding of the sites search function.  You might be surprised at how simple it is.

As for the slash quote why do you always deny this, we have shown you the quote a lot of times.

Where did I deny it?  I asked to see the quote.

Thanks Will for paraphrasing.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #335 on: October 07, 2004, 01:03:55 PM »

We had a whole thread full of slash changing his story a few months ago and all the examples, I am not like booker and I am going to go searching for them again, what should i have to bring them up everytime booker makes the claim he doesnt change his story when everyone knows he does?

Translation: "I got nothing."

Just look booker always pleads ignorance to that it was slashs idea about the horn section and back up singers then him blaming axl for it on BTM and in other interviews. We always find the link and then a month later he denies it again.

Haha, now youre blatantly lying.  Please prove this. 

I can already predict that you will give a cop-out to this, because you made this up.  Simple as that.  Just when you think daves hole cant get any deeper... hihi

And this lying tangent is a far cry from duff claiming vr is more talented than gnr.

Yeah..you had nothing to do with that.  Its not like you call Slash a liar in nearly every single thread in which hes mentioned.  Roll Eyes
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #336 on: October 07, 2004, 01:27:19 PM »

"You also said Scott was the better choce, the guy you personally preferred.? Yet Bach is the better singer/songwriter?? But he would have made the album suck...
As for their motives for choosing Scott, what do you have to base this on, other than your own bias?"

OH so some one cant be a better singer or song writer yet be the wrong choice for a band to make it bigger?
Like I said the album would be viewed as 80s hair metal and it would have sounded like it too.
Understand? I am sure? you dont.

About the search function, booker, I have better things to do than search through threads to finds posts from 6 months ago, I have better things to do with my time unlike? you. Sorry.

Where did I deny it?? I asked to see the quote.

Yeah you asked to see the quote because you don't believe it AGAIN.
If you know its true, like I know you do, why even ask for the quote?
its like axl saying he used to be in hollywood rose, but saying oh I want a quote proving he said that.

You have proven time and time again you dont know what a lie is, so there is no need even discuss this anymore, when you learn what a lie is, maybe we can discuss this further.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2004, 01:30:49 PM »

Ok you guys, please take the rest of this "conversation" to PMs, otherwise we're gonna have to lock the thread.

Dizzy
« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2004, 02:36:07 PM »

Yeah..you had nothing to do with that.? Its not like you call Slash a liar in nearly every single thread in which hes mentioned.? Roll Eyes

Hell, Dave calls Slash a liar even in threads where he isn't mentioned.? Anytime someone criticizes Axl for any reason, Dave attempts to cushion it by dragging Slash into the fray, into matters which have nothing to do with him.

And Dave, quit your bitching about how this thread went askew, because you were the primary instigator of it.? But I guess you're too damn lazy to flip back a couple pages and see for yourself what you started.? I answered a question you asked, and then you started yapping about Slash being a liar.? That's how it started.

And as for your comments about Seb Bach, I read that quote of yours too.? You said "Bach would've made the album suck."? Hell, I mentioned it on this thread even before Booker did, so it isn't like he jogged my memory.? After you said that, you changed your story and say "oh no, Bach is a better singer/songwriter, and he would've made the album sound too retro 80s", and then deny you ever said the former.? Contradiction.? So as I said, I guess that makes you a liar.

And may I also remind you that I pointed out to you that Seb Bach is hardly a songwriter at all, because Skid Row bassist Rachel Bolan wrote the majority of Skid Row's lyrics.? Bach only cowrote one song on the entire first album, he didn't even write vocal melodies on the other ten songs.? He wrote a bit more on the later albums, but not much.? Check out that link Booker provided above for confirmation of that, since you can't seem to remember anything you've ever said.

have better things to do than search through threads to finds posts from 6 months ago, I have better things to do with my time

Obviously spelling properly isn't one of them.? ?Tongue? Perhaps the reason you refuse to search threads is because you know damn well you'll find all your contradictions, misstatements, and lunacy within your posts.

Basically Dave, your mentality is this: "I have the time to argue these issues to death even when they aren't topical or relevant, but I don't have the time to back up my arguments."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 02:40:11 PM by Dizzy » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #339 on: October 07, 2004, 02:53:17 PM »

Dizzy I already said i was mistaken about Bach writing some of the skid row songs, but alas we all cant spell perfect or be perfect like? you, sorry. I bet you wish everyone in the world was like you eh?

Like I said link my whole statement about Bach instead of taking one sentence out of context, but you nor booker cant do that, you can just do what you guys always do and take things out of context.

And again dizzy its time to go back to 2nd grade and learn what a liar is since you like booker dont even know what one is,even with my examples a 2nd grader could understand the concept.

Its not a hard concept to understand but its really pitiful you and booker can't seem to get it.
I feel sorry for your ignorance.

So let me spell it out for? you one last time ok?

You can't lie on your opinions on music, since tastes can change. Understand?
But? you can lie when something that already happened in the past, then in the present you claim something else happened to decieve the person you are telling this. Understand?
Its not a lie when? you plan on doing something and then can't do it, or if you cancel a show, that is not a lie, understand?
But it would be a lie if you went to the gnr show at msg in 2002 and now in 2004 say I never was at the guns n roses show in ny 2002.
Get it?
Now if liked a band lets say poison back in the 90s, but now say, oh i hate them now. That is not a lie.
But if you liked poison in the 90s and now in 2004 say oh i never was into, that would be a lie?
Do you guys need more examples, or is it sinking in now?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 03:04:18 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: