Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  after a few years of hearing the new songs what do u think of their progression?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: after a few years of hearing the new songs what do u think of their progression?  (Read 5908 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2004, 12:29:07 PM »

I still dont think the blues was ever made for that faster tempo, I just thing it was nerves and that is why they played the newer songs faster than they should have been.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2004, 12:52:28 PM »

I think they change dit up more than anything else. They wanted to see how well and at what tempos versions would the songs sound in a live setting.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2004, 01:05:51 PM »

Ok, I don't hear that much keyboard effects in The Blues and it didn't sound overproduced to me in 2002. This is bullshit. Even the perfects November Rain and Coma had a little bit of keyboards fx.
I liked the 2002 versions better than Rio and Vegas. Even Rhiad sounded better, but a soundboard version would be really good to check if this song is that better.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2004, 01:20:51 PM »

I think they change dit up more than anything else. They wanted to see how well and at what tempos versions would the songs sound in a live setting.

Didnt axl say after rio he didnt like how the new songs sounded live? That is why they changed so much?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2004, 02:37:39 PM »

Didnt axl say after rio he didnt like how the new songs sounded live?
Yea but I think he was referring to how the audio came out in terms of band sounding to how it translated to the tv

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2004, 03:37:11 PM »

Didnt axl say after rio he didnt like how the new songs sounded live?
Yea but I think he was referring to how the audio came out in terms of band sounding to how it translated to the tv

Oh I thought he was referring to the songs sounded like they were missing something and needed more work

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2004, 04:16:26 PM »

If the new songs make it to CD,they will probably be a lod different than they sounded a few years ago. Kinda like the difference between Don't cry played in '86 at the Roxy and the studio version

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2004, 02:28:22 PM »

My favorite soundboard versions of these songs are.

Madagascar - Boston 2002
The Blues - Boston 2002
Chinese Democracy - Pittsburgh 2002(great solo and Axl sounds great)

Still no luck finding these versions  Sad
I really want to hear the changes, only heard Rio versions, they're the only ones I can find online.
Can anyone help me out here? Would be much appreciated.

Thanx beer

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2004, 02:45:40 PM »

I like the changes in "Chinese Democracy"

I dislike the changes in "The Blues"

yeah for once i got to agree with booker and we have a few times on other threads about this.

The blues at rock in rio 3 was absolutely perfect

way too bogged down on the 2002 tour, it was just too slow!

the opening of the blues at rio also features some of the greatest vocals ever sung by any human being on the planet and axl didnt even have his ear monitor in

but that opening is some virtuoso vocal stylings, that trill is the single greatest thing ive ever heard in my life!

needs that back in there! speed it back up!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2004, 10:45:19 PM »

I like some of the changes and dislike some of the changes.

Chin Dem - (best version Rio) Pros: Faster, not sounds on Axl's voice.  Cons: Second solo.
The Blues - (best version Rio) Pros: Right tempo, The solo sounds better(not cut), OK Nevermind. Cons: Ending.
Maddie - (best version Cleveland/Albany) Pros: The song sounds better(compact) Cons:The volume on the special effects could be turned down a little bit, so people can hear the solo.
Oh  My God - (best version Rio) Pros: Sound so much better than the original. Cons: ?

As for Rhiad and Silkworms, I haven't see the advancement of those two, but I have great hope for Rhiad.

smoking  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 11:49:42 PM »

OK Nevermind?  nervous
I don't like this part, it's really ugly. And Axl's voice is so much better in Pittsburgh.  yes

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: