Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl played upstairs from where my sister works?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl played upstairs from where my sister works?  (Read 14823 times)
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2004, 07:50:30 PM »

So this is how the story goes after talking to my sister again:

The manager of the bar my sister works at (Sully's) was talking with some other guys about TSI. My sister walks in and is like what about it?  And they say you like GNR? She says yeah I saw them with my bro in 2002. The bouncer says he saw them in Madison Square. Then the manager says some thing like, "Well this is very secret but Axl is playing an acoustic show at The Saddle Ridge tonight. It's only a VIP show so not many people are getting in."

From what she was saying it wasn't an advertised show. Just some thing setup for who ever these VIP were.

One thing that throws me off is that another manager for the place said he bought a backstage pass for $500. One thing: Why would a manager have to buy a pass? Two: $500?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2004, 07:54:52 PM »

hmm, i think this sounds a bit strange! Roll Eyes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2004, 08:01:49 PM »

I'm getting a little tired of this myself. I've been searching for phone numbers and what not but nothin much. These clubs are all very new so phone numbers aren't in the phone books yet. Sully's has only been opened for 3 weeks now and Saddle Ridge not much longer than that.

Any other Kentuckian's (still living in the 'Ville) having any more luck? The number I called earlier was 502-584-7170 but they won;t be open until Monday.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2004, 08:12:13 PM »

I'm getting a little tired of this myself. I've been searching for phone numbers and what not but nothin much. These clubs are all very new so phone numbers aren't in the phone books yet. Sully's has only been opened for 3 weeks now and Saddle Ridge not much longer than that.

Any other Kentuckian's (still living in the 'Ville) having any more luck? The number I called earlier was 502-584-7170 but they won;t be open until Monday.

Well. Good job anyway, but how is it with VIP performence. Does the press get in there? If this was a seacret concert, then we may not get pictures or anything new about it....

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2004, 08:17:19 PM »

If this was a seacret concert, then we may not get pictures or anything new about it....

Yeah, I'm getting a deja vu of July '03, when Axl waltzed into a strip bar, previewed CD, hung around and left without any other notice than a small blurb in the MTV news.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 08:20:53 PM »

If this was a seacret concert, then we may not get pictures or anything new about it....

Yeah, I'm getting a deja vu of July '03, when Axl waltzed into a strip bar, previewed CD, hung around and left without any other notice than a small blurb in the MTV news.

God! Is that 2 years ago?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 09:00:57 PM »

This does sound a little unbelievable but axl has done this type of shit before.  I am from Lafayette and I'd say it's probably like 3 hours from where this supposedly took place. Now I don't know if his parent still live there or what but.... who knows. I do know there have been a few random axl sightings in Lafayette.... but not for years. I thought axl hates Indiana now and says he'd never go back....? If that's the case then I doubt this story... but I hope it is true!

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 09:46:24 PM »

2000, call information for the no.

And Sorry to say this but, Mateoson.  Axl's Mom past away in May of 96 (not sure right now on the date). And I don't think he would visit his dad, last I heard he was still there. Have heard he does visit once and awhile still (family and friends)

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 10:05:20 PM »

From what I can tell, the only live band at 4th Street last night was Marion Dries and the Dissidents.

Saddle opened, again, from what I can tell, around the 14th of Sept, with a Skid Row show.

I'm gonna try to track down a number to call on Monday.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2004, 01:58:37 AM »

I'm punching walls right now.  I was at a haunted boat tonight right beside where Axl played.  I lived in Louisville, Kentucky.  This is such a downer I'm telling my sister and my girl how Axl was there and they don't believe me.  I"m so drunk right now its not even funny!!  Was he really there!  I believe this post 100% because Louisville is this shit and Axl WILL come back soon.  I want to know if this is true.  My god I can't believe I missed it, I was right beside it all night tonight and didn't know he was there!@!!!!!! ahghhhhh!!!!
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2004, 02:02:13 AM »

So like I said this place hasn't been open long. Yes I called but the number listed is for thier office open Monday-Friday. Hell I gave the number here didn't I?  Roll Eyes

The number is as of yet unlisted in the Yellow Pages and I've had trouble finding a number for the club.

VIP only show would not be listed in any calendar of events so why bother with that? I told you my sister would talk to the manager but it could be a week.

Anybody got some patience?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2004, 02:10:54 AM »

aint that what bein a gnr fan all about?  ok

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2004, 02:29:20 AM »

I have the number right here, it says they're open until 4 am.  It's 2:30 am right now.  I've been trying to call but NO answer.  My friend is coming to pick me up to go there to see what's up because this is crazy.  It better not be bullshit because I'm going ALL the way back downtown to see if Axl is really fuckin there. 
Death Cube K
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2004, 06:05:40 AM »

There some obvious stuff here:

1. His sister is telling the truth
2. She was lied to for the fun of it
3. People mistook Axl for some other guy and told his sister.

He's not lying when he tells you this, he was told something by his sister. The weak link is
the people telling his sister or something.
shaun
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2004, 06:38:38 AM »

A thought has just surfaced, i think I have the answer...

Axl and Co played a fully recorded acoustic set, this will be CD. CD will be 100% acoustic? Grin

...and the past 10 years of studio material will be incinerated? Wink
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 07:01:51 AM by shaun » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2004, 07:26:40 AM »

So like I said this place hasn't been open long. Yes I called but the number listed is for thier office open Monday-Friday. Hell I gave the number here didn't I?? Roll Eyes

The number is as of yet unlisted in the Yellow Pages and I've had trouble finding a number for the club.

VIP only show would not be listed in any calendar of events so why bother with that? I told you my sister would talk to the manager but it could be a week.

Seemingly, part of this was directed at me.? I'm not talking about live events schedules.? I'm talking about emailing and phoning people who would know.? Everyone has said the only live band playing in the 4th Street complex on Friday was Marion Dries.

And at least one person who emailed me back remembers the Saddle Club as being open to the public Friday night, all night.

I've got an email out to Marion Dries to see what they know.? And I'll call monday morning to see what I can turn up.

I rather suspect your sister was having her leg pulled....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 07:28:43 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2004, 08:42:47 AM »

Sorry 2000, We don't mean to be pushy at all. Just mad dogs that need to chill out! Sorry! peace

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2004, 10:29:12 AM »

If this is true a few mp3:s would be a killer!

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
GnRFans
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2004, 10:50:34 AM »

fake i think Huh

Guns N Ballz
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2004, 11:56:34 AM »

So its Monday! Anybody find any thing new out? What about that guy that drove back up there?  peace

Guns_N_Ballz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: