Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl played upstairs from where my sister works?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl played upstairs from where my sister works?  (Read 14820 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2004, 02:11:26 PM »

I was too drunk to even move last night man, and my g/f made me stay home, lol.  Anyway, I believe this as Axl is from Indiana and probably played a show for a few close friends in Louisville which is 5 mins away from where his friends probably still live.  I will find out tons of information tomorrow as I'm going up there and calling every number I have over here.  They're closed Sundays so heres to waiting beer
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2004, 04:01:54 PM »

Cripes! If Axl is in the area I need to go make a poster and stand out on 65 North (for all you non Indiana peeps, thats the highway that runs from Louisville all the way up Indiana) and flag his ass down....I don' tknow if Axl's bro or sis still lives here..maybe I'm wrong..but I wouldn't think he hates Indiana so much he'll never step foot here...I sure hope the story is true!

ayla

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2004, 04:24:50 PM »

ooooh some action (or not) on this board!!! yey!!!

(i'm not saying this board's boring, i mean the gnr world at the moment)

It's evolution, baby!
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2004, 04:56:17 PM »

... maybe a cover band??  Roll Eyes

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »

One thing that throws me off is that another manager for the place said he bought a backstage pass for $500. One thing: Why would a manager have to buy a pass? Two: $500?
The odds are that those managers were bull shitting. At least on the $500(!!?)deal.

At the best it might be real Axl with his old mates just having fun like grog mug said?

Damn, Axl (+Robin and Chris?) giving some secret gig sounds fucking super cool.
But no, Chance would be a fine thing! I don?t count my Chickens. idea Chickens? Doesn?t Kentucky ring a bell.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2004, 12:46:40 PM »

I really don't buy this one. If it was a secret gig in his hometown, then I would imagine it to be inivtations only...its not as if Axl needs the money. It makes him sound like a luxury busker.

Anyone hear any more about it?

Here today...ready to rock
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2004, 08:12:35 PM »

This is crazy.  I tried calling there and talked to a guy that said they've been out of town and just got back from Ohio.  The people that were there that night Friday I believe it was, will be there tomorrow (Tuesday).  They're also closed today so it was by chance that he answered the phone.  All of the answers will surface about this tomorrow, hopefully.  He did say stuff like that does happen there, and they've had private acts actually play VIP shows.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2004, 08:22:48 PM »

and the plot thickens... its so funny that any gnr rumor is never black and white.  i guess we'll see.  someone please keep up on this, b/c im curious as to what the explanation is, especially if it wasn't axl.

Mike
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2004, 04:56:28 PM »

No way.  Um next rumor please!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2004, 01:47:44 AM »

This place is leading me to believe that this really did happen.  I talked to a guy at first that said stuff like that does happen and big names have been there for VIP only.  The next guy I talked to said he heard something about this and to check back in tomorrow.  So here we go again, I'm really trying to find out if this happened and I will ecspecialy by Friday when the staff is back in.
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2004, 04:28:45 AM »

Thanks for checking into this Grog!  ok
shaun
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2004, 12:07:21 PM »

This place is leading me to believe that this really did happen.? I talked to a guy at first that said stuff like that does happen and big names have been there for VIP only.? The next guy I talked to said he heard something about this and to check back in tomorrow.? So here we go again, I'm really trying to find out if this happened and I will ecspecialy by Friday when the staff is back in.

...and?  beer
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2004, 05:39:03 PM »

YEAH!!  . . .  and?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2004, 06:33:16 PM »

First of all 2000 intentions, your sister works there all you have to do is call her and see if it's true.  Tell her to ask all the staff members/manager what the hell exactly happened.  Don't be lazy and wait for me to respond.  Anyway here is what happened in my research.  I've called a few times, one guy said he did hear something about Axl stopping in or being there or whatever.  I called again and the guy said there was no way that Axl was there even though it would give the club great press.  If you want to try and see if it's true the number is 502-569-3507.  I got two different answers so I guess it's a 50/50 chance that he played there.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2004, 06:33:43 PM »

If this was really  true, I think it would have been on mtv.com by now. Something this big just doesnt go unmentioned.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
shaun
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2004, 05:10:11 AM »

First of all 2000 intentions, your sister works there all you have to do is call her and see if it's true.? Tell her to ask all the staff members/manager what the hell exactly happened.? Don't be lazy and wait for me to respond.? Anyway here is what happened in my research.? I've called a few times, one guy said he did hear something about Axl stopping in or being there or whatever.? I called again and the guy said there was no way that Axl was there even though it would give the club great press.? If you want to try and see if it's true the number is 502-569-3507.? I got two different answers so I guess it's a 50/50 chance that he played there.

Here?s what I?m thinking. If there?s any truth in what these people are saying, that work at that place, then maybe it?s simply a case where A. was out with a few friends having some sort of mini celebration, and they just wanted to be in an area where they would get no hassles. And maybe, just maybe they were celebrating the fact that CD is complete? beer
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 05:11:53 AM by shaun » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2004, 07:36:37 AM »

The way I see it, it easily could have happened. You don't think reporters camp outside Axl's house a follow him everywhere do you?

Axl goes many places all the time and it's not reported everytime he leaves his house.

If there was some private small show for a reason, then it would have to be somewhere, and it wouldn't be leaked to the press, so it's not necessarily gonna turn up on MTV. This would have been a lot more private than the strip joint incident.

As to whether it actually happened - hmmmmmm.....

@#$%Funker
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2004, 10:28:36 AM »

A: No my sister doesn't work where Axl supposedly played. She works in another club in that same building.
B: You said you were coming back with an answer so we were just waiting on your info.
C. She worked last night so yeah I'm going to call her today. I heard Bigfoot played a solo bass set.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2004, 01:23:04 AM »

My fault 2000 intentions, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole.  I just want some truth to the rumor so maybe one of us can actually can a straight answer within the next few days.  Good luck with asking your sister, but anyway I called again and they said they heard "something" about Axl Rose being around.  So I'm not really sure what exactly happened that night, but I will find out.
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2004, 01:49:54 AM »

Well my sister quit her job at the club because she wasn't making shit for money. She only got $20 in 8 hours!? no

Like I said before the guys there don't really know my sister well. She'd only worked there a couple weeks. She joined a conversation about Axl/GNR and the convo apparently started because Axl was there. Thats what her story led me to believe. I mean do people in clubs just randomly talk about Axl? Especially a bouncer, two club managers and a beer tub girl (my sister)? And why would they want to discuss TSI? Some thing had to strike up that conversation.

So yeah, I'd like to believe it happened. Will we get proof? hahaa Do we ever?? Tongue

No problem with you at all Grog Mug! It's all good in da hood brotha!  peace
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: