Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why doesn't anybody interview John Freeze about the music?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why doesn't anybody interview John Freeze about the music?  (Read 1840 times)
Groghan
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 22, 2004, 07:45:44 PM »

Sorry if I'm behind the "news" on this one. But I was reading some of the topics below and soembody say that Freeze stopped working with GnR because he thought enough songs were done for an album and then nothing ever happened, so he moved on to something else (or his contract ran out).

If that is the case, has he ever been asked or quoted on what the songs sounded like that he worked on and heard???  (Sorry if this has already been discussed).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 08:20:46 PM »

I guess he can't talk about what he did with GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 10:26:23 PM »

There doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them though. Josh did get Axl's name on the thank you credits on APC first cd.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 06:05:23 AM »

yeah it would be interesting to see what his opinion about the new music is

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 04:41:26 PM »

Unelss he's someone I know by a different name then I'm not sure who he is?? I know all the guys from rio on, what did this guy do and what years was he there..?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 04:43:33 PM »

Unelss he's someone I know by a different name then I'm not sure who he is?? I know all the guys from rio on, what did this guy do and what years was he there..?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/bios/josh.htm

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »

Don't know about John Freeze, but here's something from Josh Freesehihi

Bunt Mag, August 2000

"Matt: Whats the album like? Just quickly. Better than the old stuff?

Josh: It's Guns and Roses."

A webzine chat, March 2nd 2004(?)

"Guns and Roses.
JOSH: Next question.

C'mon, is Axl the asshole everyone says he is? This, by the way is my line of questioning.
JOSH: I can't really answer questions about them.

On the advice of lawyers?
JOSH: Not necessarily.

You did play with them though?
JOSH: I recorded with them for a few years. There's an upcoming record. I'm not sure of it's status though."

Undated, around 2000 I guess.

"It was great to work with Axl" he laughs. "He gave me alot of freedom in the studio. It was cool. But I'm actually not at liberty to talk about it. I apologise."

Cleveland FreeTimes; 4/2004

"OK, what would you do if you were drummer Josh Freese? You're in the studio with Axl Rose, helping ?finish? his long-awaited Guns N' Roses disc , Chinese Democracy . You get friendly with a guitar tech who, you learn from a mutual friend, has written a bunch of great music. That friend tells you he's going to form a band with this unknown roadie and says, ?You should be involved.?

What would you do?

You'd probably do what Freese did. He bailed on Axl to become a founding member of A Perfect Circle. He has no regrets, to say the least.

?At that point, I'd sat in the studio for about a year and a half with Axl,? he says, calling from his Long Beach home. ?As much as I enjoyed working with him, there was no promise that anything would happen. I'm glad I left then because it's been four years since I left, and still nothing.?"

As for any bad blood:  March 24th, 2004:

"Axl was always nice to me and always generous," Josh said. "People want to hear horror stories, but I personally don't have any.".

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: