Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Axl's voice be enhanced on Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Axl's voice be enhanced on Chinese Democracy?  (Read 10406 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2004, 01:10:42 AM »

Let me guess, Estranged is the main one....? 3,000 is a lot.? Yup, it is not hard to tell the era at all.? I would still love to have a DVD version of the 88 Ritz Show.? It is the definitive Guns show, that I have seen anyway.? My VHS version is just so shitty.? But I agree.? Axl's voice was different a lot of the times.? I think that is what made it so great and unique.

The first part of estranged is axls redone vocals the 2nd part I think is from the UYI tour.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2004, 02:42:44 AM »

Listen example The Blues soundboard 11.22.02 - Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, PA ...he sings like good old days

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2004, 04:46:13 AM »

Well, I think he does sound different now, more like ealry Axl, less rough.  I also think he can put on that roughness but probably doesn't want to go through what he went through on the UYI tour, where he complained about his throat after most shows (or so I'm told).   I think the biggest difference is the ear piece he now uses, which he never used back in the good old 90's.   Things like that can make a huge difference to a singer, because it's more like being in the studio if you have your own mix direct in to your ear on stage, and so being more aware of his voice, he's probably taking it more easy without even noticing it...Also, when singers such as Axl scream their tits off, there's more chance of staying in tune... 
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2004, 10:32:18 AM »

In my opinion, Axl's voice hasn't changed much over the years. As someone has already posted, Axl has had in the past nights were his voice was amazing and some other nights in which his voice wasn't that great.

Either if you take as an example his early years or the latest ones, he has better and worse nights, like everyone has a better  or worse day, in terms of excellence, at their own jobs. Sure he wasn't incredible at the vma's in 2002, as a lot of people think, but in general he was great during the short aborted tour. And by the way, either if he sings great, good, average or poorly (which doen't ussualy happen), he's the best by far at what he does.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2004, 12:06:06 PM »

agree cocaintongue

filters and tweaking etc will only contribute to the album i think but i hope they also they put somethin raw in the vocal recordings like rocker from hollywood rose. Some pure basic axl-to-mic raw, real energy!!!

The vocal track in one in a million capture it\ hope to hear stuff like that too Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2004, 02:08:15 PM »

Will his voice be enhanced on CD... of course. Because every artist in the studio does.

Reverbs, delay, eq's, Sometimes autotune.....  I owe a studio so i know.

But lets get one thing straight you can't polish a turd... Axl's voice will be great on CD

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2004, 05:46:03 PM »

Will his voice be enhanced on CD... of course. Because every artist in the studio does.

Reverbs, delay, eq's, Sometimes autotune.....  I owe a studio so i know.

But lets get one thing straight you can't polish a turd... Axl's voice will be great on CD

I don't think it will be enhanced, but will have some pretty interesting effects added for nuance.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2004, 07:07:46 PM »

Axl's voice - on a good or bad day is different now to the 90's Axl, in my opinion.   It's somehow thinner, less powerful - not that that's a good or bad thing, it's just down to your taste.  Axl is Axl, it's always going to piss on most other singers, but there is a difference.  Like I said earlier though, I think he could still do it the old way more or less.  One thing that I think would help him a bit, is if he went to all rehearsals, but I heard somewhere that the band play without him, and when you have a gap, it can take a while to get back into the swing of things.
badapple81
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2004, 07:30:46 PM »

Judging by those studio clips from the Boston promo, yes his voice probably will be tweaked somewhat.

LaXl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »

Everyones voice gets fucked around with in the studio...Anyway, knowing Mr. Rose, there's going to be at least 6 vocal tracks for every song, so it's gonna be cool! 
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2004, 10:31:20 AM »

Anytime someone references Axl's voice being shot or 'not what it used to be' are basing it off the VMA's performance in 2002.? His voice was fine that night - he just got a little too excitied and ran around way too much.? It was his first time on live MTV in ten years with that very fact being the key - he doesn't have quite as much of the explosive energy and stamina he had a decade ago.? His voice is fine but will probably have some vocal effects on certain songs on the new album as he sees fit.

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2004, 05:11:59 PM »

"I think everyone sounds good in studio releases.. Live shows are the way to go..."

Agree...live is where it's at... yes
estranged.1098
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2004, 06:33:16 PM »

"I think everyone sounds good in studio releases.. Live shows are the way to go..."

Agree...live is where it's at... yes

Me too, but live... not bootlegs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: