Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 09:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  NIN to tour with GN'R...?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIN to tour with GN'R...?  (Read 47366 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: November 01, 2004, 02:43:51 PM »

Came across this rumor at another board, maybe it's true and we'll see 91 all over again?

Just read on the rumour board that the Guns camp is looking into touring with Nine Inch Nails. Axl's obviously a big admirer of Trent, and Robin is an obvious connection between the 2 bands. Altho I don't think he'd perform with both!

Dunno how true this is. Depends whether you consider the rumour board to be reliable! I know madison would like to see this...

I saw NIN support Guns at Wembley in 91. (I was 6! My one and only Guns concert)

Here's some details of that show...

08.31.91 - Wembley Stadium, London, England
opening acts: Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, 14 Years, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Paradise City
attendance: 76,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video
notes: Izzy's last show as a band member. Footage of 'Live And Let Die' is used on the '91 MTV Video Music Awards show. Axl dedicates DTJ to Kerrang Magazine. Before YCBM, Axl rhymes, "It ain't no crime to bounce a dime, buy our new single You Could Be Mine." Axl thanks the crowd for helping make the Paradise City video 3 years before at Donington.

*edit* The Rumour Board is also suggesting that we'll get an announcement in late Nov/early Dec...

*edit 2* Admin's now saying that it seems like fairly reliable info. Dates also fit what has been mentioned about GnR tour as NiN's looking to tour in Mar/Apr...

Let's hope something comes of all of this!
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 02:46:45 PM »

only time will tell.......

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 02:50:54 PM »

This would be a hell of a ticket. I've never seen NIN but have heard nothing but praise from friends that have. IF it does happen (big "IF" here) I think it would be a smart move. If nothing more, it would certainly generate more interest in two of the 90's biggest bands.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »

Damn it would be great to see Trent up there, maybe he'll duet with Axl?  Finck would definately have his work cut out for him.  Are they both with the same record label?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 02:54:57 PM »

This would be a hell of a ticket. I've never seen NIN but have heard nothing but praise from friends that have. IF it does happen (big "IF" here) I think it would be a smart move. If nothing more, it would certainly generate more interest in two of the 90's biggest bands.

well, no reason to belive this! But if it should turn out to be True!, Then it would be AMAZING! REALLY AMAZING!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
vee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 03:06:52 PM »

ok... been here for a long time, but never registered... so hi goes to all...

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. I have seen NIN live and never GNR live. I read few days ago on www.nin.com as Trent said that new NIN album will be finished till end of year and "it will then tentatively be released 3/05 and extensive touring will take place beginning around that time"... so if GNR and NIN will tour together I am sure we will see CD out in February...

Let's hope

Velimir
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 03:11:16 PM »

well, even if this CAN ba bullshit! I will go around to some NIN messageboards, and so some research. But i WONTsay anything on NIN boards...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 03:43:46 PM »

Came across this rumor at another board, maybe it's true and we'll see 91 all over again?

Just read on the rumour board that the Guns camp is looking into touring with Nine Inch Nails. Axl's obviously a big admirer of Trent, and Robin is an obvious connection between the 2 bands. Altho I don't think he'd perform with both!

Dunno how true this is. Depends whether you consider the rumour board to be reliable! I know madison would like to see this...

I saw NIN support Guns at Wembley in 91. (I was 6! My one and only Guns concert)

Here's some details of that show...

08.31.91 - Wembley Stadium, London, England
opening acts: Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Nightrain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sail Away Sweet Sister / Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, 14 Years, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Paradise City
attendance: 76,000
audio/video recording?: audio, video
notes: Izzy's last show as a band member. Footage of 'Live And Let Die' is used on the '91 MTV Video Music Awards show. Axl dedicates DTJ to Kerrang Magazine. Before YCBM, Axl rhymes, "It ain't no crime to bounce a dime, buy our new single You Could Be Mine." Axl thanks the crowd for helping make the Paradise City video 3 years before at Donington.

*edit* The Rumour Board is also suggesting that we'll get an announcement in late Nov/early Dec...

*edit 2* Admin's now saying that it seems like fairly reliable info. Dates also fit what has been mentioned about GnR tour as NiN's looking to tour in Mar/Apr...

Let's hope something comes of all of this!

On witch board did u get this Roumor??

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
shaun
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 04:14:29 PM »

It would be great, although Robin playing guitar though 2 sets back to back for a whole tour is asking possibly too much for any humanbeing? Wink? ?...unless both bands only played for an hour each, then it could happen? ok
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 04:16:06 PM by shaun » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 04:32:58 PM »

I never liked nin's, when I was a senior I heard closer, and it was ok, but never got into the sound,,
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 04:45:09 PM »

I never liked nin's, when I was a senior I heard closer, and it was ok, but never got into the sound,,

give it one more try, nin has some pretty fucking awesome music!  smoking

it would be cool if they did toured together, better than cky at least  hihi, but then again i can forget standing all the way in the front because those hard core nin fuckers are brutal Shocked

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 04:53:38 PM »

I've read a couple of interviews where Reznor didn't have nice words about Axl. It was a few years ago though.

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 05:01:01 PM »

I've read a couple of interviews where Reznor didn't have nice words about Axl. It was a few years ago though.
well, axl "stole" his guitarplayer...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 05:04:37 PM »

give it one more try, nin has some pretty fucking awesome music!? smoking

it would be cool if they did toured together, better than cky at least? hihi, but then again i can forget standing all the way in the front because those hard core nin fuckers are brutal Shocked

I have listened to more, I just never liked the industrial sound..  I never thought he was a bad singer, but his music style is not what I enjoy.. I hate distorted sounds in music, sound effects and shit like that...

Cky sucks, any way a gnr nin's tour would suck, there would be way to many fans of both fighting for tickets..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »

Could you tell us more about it? I don't remember to these interviews, althought NIN is one of my favourite bands. Can you give a link or something?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 05:21:41 PM »

Would love to see that, I have never seen NIN and would love too. Esp. with gnr!!!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 05:25:27 PM »

Can't see it happening, not only does Trent not hold a high opinion of Axl, but there'd be no fitting those 2 egos in the same building..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 05:34:24 PM »

Trent has given both positive and negative comments about Axl.  He flip flops his comments from one interview to the next.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2004, 05:35:03 PM »

once I listened to a NIN album...that was HORRIBLE. I don't even call that "music". it was a ultra techno/indus fucking weird noize. nervous Maybe I picked up a bad album I don't know...maybe I wasn't lucky. But it was one of the most horrible noize I've ever heard. You see "my world"?  ok, imagine an entire album as worst as "my world"... come on how can anybody on this planet waste his money for "that"?  confused
Anyway nothing is better than Rock n' Roll, with GUITARS.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 06:04:40 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004, 05:57:58 PM »

Can't see it happening, not only does Trent not hold a high opinion of Axl, but there'd be no fitting those 2 egos in the same building..

You sir are HTGTH's official realist.  Axl could probably really use someone like you as an advisor.  But that isn't too rock and roll is it?

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: